March Madness More than Just Basketball
As a reminder, you can place and collect your sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s Casino and Slot World Casino, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
Bad Beat Back
Good news for our poker players: were bringing back the anecdote to one of the biggest agonies in live poker: losing a hand when you have four of a kind or better! Our Bad Beat Progressive returns next Tuesday along with a reshuffling of our existing progressives to provide bigger progressive bonus payouts. We’ll have all the details on our blog next week, but our poker players will see the new Progressive Bonus Payout Board when it’s posted this coming Tuesday. Back to the Bad Beat Progressive: that one will start at $599 and climb each day along with the rest of the progressive jackpots. More next week!
Food Tidbits and Temptations
- Today is Cereal Day. For the hot and healthy winter approach, order oatmeal in Katie’s – served with milk, brown sugar or cinnamon sugar and raisins. For an extra buck each you can also add bananas, blueberries or pecans. If you’re looking for a descendant of Ranger Joe Popped Wheat Honnie, the first sweetened cereal introduced in 1939, we offer some of the traditional favorites like Cheerios, Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran.
- Friday is Meatball Day. Spaghetti and Meatballs is such a favorite that we offer it 7 days a week from 11 AM to 10 PM in Katie’s!
- Friday is also Crabmeat Day which is a great reason to tempt you with the Jumbo Lump Crabcake appetizer in CV Steak . . . served with stone ground mustard sauce!
- Saturday is Pack Your Lunch Day. Great idea if you’re chained to your desk or office and can’t get out for lunch in Katie’s. But what if you forget your “packed” lunch at home? Swing by Job’s Perk at the CVI on your way in and pick up one of our sandwiches or salads to-go!!
- Monday is Baked Scallops Day. We like scallops no matter how they are cooked and we recommend all of the following entrees in CV Steak: Seafood Linguine, Seafood Brochette, Seafood Mixed Broil and the Nevada Grill . . . A full variety of choices that all include scallops!
More Daylight Coming!
This Sunday at 2 AM our clocks "Spring Forward" one hour as we jump into Daylight Saving Time. Do all states observe DST? What about Dependencies of the US? Why did this all start? Click here for answers to these questions and others . . . and remember, while it will appear that days are getting longer because it will get dark later, the days (minutes and hours of daylight) have actually been getting longer since the Winter Solstice on December 21, 2017. Along with Daylight Saving Time comes two additional “Days” of interest: Sunday is Check Your Batteries Day created to raise awareness of the importance of testing and having working batteries in household appliances like smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. You might also check the batteries in your other household appliances such as remote controls, toys, clocks and other electrical items. Then, appropriately enough, Monday is Napping Day – a day to rest from the hour of sleep you lost and the scurrying around the house resetting clocks and checking batteries!
Blood Drive on St Patrick’s Day?
Are we talking a Pint or a Pint?? Actually, you can do both at the CVI next Saturday, March 17: Donate a pint of blood and enjoy a pint of beer! Start by signing up for the United Blood Services St. Patrick’s Day Blood Drive to be held on Saturday, March 17 in those familiar large Bloodmobiles parked in our west lot along Hwy 395 near the big electronic reader board. The drive runs from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and advance sign-ups are open now at this link or by calling (775) 324-6454. And after you make your donation and enjoy a snack in the Bloodmobile, take the few steps to the CVI and enjoy a pint of St. Patrick’s Day beer at our Casino Bar or the CV Steak Bar!
In the Casino
- Speedy Chopper for the first 150 ladies and World Market Baskets as hot seat prizes. Also tonight: games, a weekly drink special, free bingo and chances to earn entries for the March 28 drawing for a $500 Cash Prize. And while you are here having fun tonight, chat with the rest of the ladies about International Women's Day which is celebrated tomorrow. Learn more by clicking here. with a Free
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway Drawings Fridays and Saturdays: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for the drawings in our $200,000 Giveaway Promotion through March 31. There’s a guaranteed $1000 winner at each drawing every Friday night and every Saturday night . . . plus four more winners at each drawing with lots of cash to go around. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday and Saturday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Table Games Hot Seats Saturday: If you’re playing any of our casino table games from 7 to 10 PM on Saturdays in March, you could be called when we do one of our Hot Seat Drawings and Win up to $500!
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play every Saturday in February.
- Slot Tournament Mondays: Every Monday in March we’re holding a Tax Relief Slot Tournament from noon to 8 PM. Play once free and earn additional tournament entries (up to 3 more) for every 50 points you earn on Monday. The top ten finishers each week win cash-freeplay prizes so be sure to get in on the fun.
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NHL, NBA and the NCAA Basketball Conference Tournaments. You can also place wagers on Horse Racing and Sunday’s NASCAR TicketGuardian 500. Futures on the board include winners for the NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships and the 2019 Super Bowl!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Medallions of Wild Boar Tenderloin with bourbon jus and spiced grapes for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Cliff and Dave tonight, The Buddy Emmer Band Thursday thru Saturday, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red Sunday and Monday and Bill Wharton Tuesday and Wednesday. Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry providing an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll. A longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit the Buddy Emmer Band’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Carolyn Dolan can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!