St. Patrick‘s Day at the Inn
Saturday is St. Patrick’s Day and we’ll be celebrating in Katie’s and at the casino bars. Regulars in Katie’s already know we are so pro-corned beef that we offer Corned Beef Hash every morning . . . and both Corned Beef Sandwiches and Corned Beef and Cabbage (with carrots, potato and creamy horseradish sauce) every day. And rest assured we’ll have extra supply on hand Saturday!! At the cabaret bar, CV Steak bar and in the cabaret lounge, where many will be watching the plethora of Saturday NCAA Tournament basketball games, we’re adding a St. Patrick’s Day Slider Basket for the day featuring 2 Corned Beef and Cabbage Sliders served with mustard and fries for $6.99. Our beer won’t be green on Saturday – but you’ll keep more of the green in your pocket since a large draft is only $2 at the casino bars on St. Patrick’s Day.
Wolverines, Wolves, Wildcats . . .
|CVI's Greg Enholm (left) with then |
Arizona Coach Lute Olsen circa 1984.
The Wildcats were a Final Four team
losing to Oklahoma in the semi-finals.
- As of this evening the dream will still be alive for 64 College Basketball teams as the final two teams are settled for the NCAA Tournament action starting tomorrow. So many in our CVI family have “dogs in the hunt” including Mike in the Sportsbook (Michigan Wolverines), Greg in Sales (New Mexico State Alum, but grew up an Arizona Wildcat fan – see picture), numerous Nevada Wolf Pack alums including Steve (GM), Matt (Hotel), Mavis (Accounting) and more.
- As a reminder, you can place and collect your sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s Casino and Slot World Casino, all sports betting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
- Really focused on basketball? Then you would have already known that today is Dribble to Work Day. Only had one person do so here at the CVI – how about where you work?
|New Poker Progressive Payouts as of Tuesday|
Great Week to Play Poker at the Inn
Poker Progressives Total Over $7,800
Last week we mentioned the return of our Bad Beat Progressive and a reshuffling of our existing progressives to provide bigger progressive bonus payouts. It’s all in place and we now have $800 for the next player who wins a hand with a Straight Flush in spades or clubs, $800 for a Straight Flush in hearts or diamonds, $1,800 for a Royal Flush in spades or clubs and $1,800 for a Royal Flush in hearts or diamonds. The Bad Beat Progressive returns from a break at a staring pot of $2,000 and our Spin the Wheel Progressive is at $610. All of these progressive jackpots climb daily based on play in the poker room. For information on all of our Poker Room tournaments, promotions, and news, check out this page.
Just over two weeks ‘til Easter and we hope you’ll
plan your Easter Sunday dining in either Katie's or CV Steak!
plan your Easter Sunday dining in either Katie's or CV Steak!
- CV Steak is open for dinner on Easter Sunday from 4:30 PM offering our usual selection of steaks, chops, seafood, chicken, pasta dishes and more plus two Easter dinner specials: Veal Scallopini (two medallions sautéed with lemon, capers, chardonnay and butter) and Stuffed Filet of Sole (a filet of sole stuffed with scallops, shrimp and crab meat and served with béarnaise sauce). Both specials are $29 and, as with all CV Steak entree's, the Easter Specials include CV Steak signature table side tossed salad, sourdough baguette, creamery butter, choice of giant baked potato, garlic mashed potatoes, twice baked potato or au gratin potatoes and fresh vegetable. For CV Steak reservations, call 775-783-6650 and please note that the Sunset Menu is not available on Easter Sunday.
- Katie’s is open 24 hours and Easter Sunday is no exception. The regular menu will be served on Easter Sunday plus a holiday special from 2 to 9 PM: Orange Glazed Baked Ham with sweet mashed potatoes, vegetable of the day and choice of soup or salad for $9.99.
Chips, Chicken, Ravioli and Shut-Eye!
- Today is Potato Chip Day. Feel you have to do something to mark the occasion? We sell bags of potato chips in Job’s Perk. We heard they “pair” great with a banana smoothie!
- Friday is World Sleep Day held annually on the Friday before Spring Vernal Equinox. Great day to catch up on the sleep you’re still craving from the switch to Daylight Saving Time. Friday is also No Selfies Day which works perfectly since it's near impossible to take a selfie while you are asleep.
- Sunday is Awkward Moments Day. Like waking up from the nap you took on World Sleep Day and finding out you did take a selfie while you were sleeping!
- Monday is Poultry Day. We have so many possibilities in our restaurants but our blog editor limited us to three and she said they could not be on the regular menus. Well, that ruled out us even mentioning one of our favorites, the Chicken Marsala in CV Steak. So, we’re going with these three Katie’s Specials: The $6.99 Turkey Dinner Plate from 11 AM to 10 PM on Thursdays, the $5.99 Chandler’s Chicken Dinner Special on Sundays from 2 to 10 PM and the $5.99 Chicken Schnitzel Plate Mondays from 11 AM to 10 PM. Quickly before the editor gets back: another option is this Friday's Grilled Duck Breast special in CV Steak!
- Tuesday is Ravioli Day. A perfect excuse to enjoy the Mushroom Ravioli in CV Steak – available in either an appetizer or entrée portion!
At the CVI This Weekend
- The United Blood Services St. Patrick’s Day Blood Drive is Saturday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM in the large Bloodmobiles parked in our west lot along Hwy 395 near the big electronic reader board. Sign up at this link or by calling (775) 324-6454. Lots of basketball in the casino after you donate!
- As you walk by the Valley Ballroom Saturday you're liable to do a double take when you see over 150 people playing cards at long tables. It's a Mus Tournament put on by our local Basque Club, Mendiko Euskaldun Cluba. The winning team of two punches their ticket to the National Mus Tournament.
In the Casino
- for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Baskets as hot seat prizes. Also tonight: games, a weekly drink special, free bingo and chances to earn entries for the March 28 drawing for a $500 Prize. with a Chocolate Shoppe Large Bailey's Truffle
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway Drawings Fridays and Saturdays: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for the drawings in our $200,000 Giveaway Promotion through March 31. There’s a guaranteed $1000 winner at each drawing every Friday night and every Saturday night . . . plus four more winners at each drawing with lots of cash to go around. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday and Saturday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Table Games Hot Seats Saturday: If you’re playing any of our casino table games from 7 to 10 PM on Saturdays in March, you could be called when we do one of our Hot Seat Drawings and Win up to $500!
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play every Saturday in February.
- Slot Tournament Mondays: Every Monday in March we’re holding a Tax Relief Slot Tournament from noon to 8 PM. Inn Club members get one free entry and you can earn an additional tournament entry (up to three more) for every 50 points you earn on Monday. The top ten finishers each week win cash-freeplay prizes so be sure to get in on the fun.
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NHL, NBA and the NCAA Basketball Conference Tournaments. You can also place wagers on Horse Racing and Sunday’s NASCAR Auto Club 400. Futures on the board include winners for the NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8 and Tiger was still18-1 at publishing time)), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships and the 2019 Super Bowl!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Grilled Duck Breast marinated with fresh
- Herbs, grilled with natural duck jus for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Bill Wharton tonight, The California Cowboys Thursday thru Saturday, John Palmore Sunday and Monday and Chris Twomey Tuesday and Wednesday. Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. R. W. Smith and the California Cowboys deliver a powerful country-western sound with the clear punch of tight three-part harmonies. Musical director for the late "LOUIS ARMSTRONG," John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other "name" artists. Chris Twomey’s roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!