Valentine’s Day Dining at the INN
- CV Steak is offering two Valentine's Day specials in addition to our regular menu items. The Tournedos Trio includes a filet mignon wrapped in bacon with peppercorn sauce, a blackened filet mignon with southwest au jus and a blue cheese crusted filet mignon for $35. The Grilled Salmon Oscar includes a salmon fillet served with crab meat, asparagus, béarnaise sauce and port wine glaze for $29. Both specials include the CV Steak signature table side tossed salad, sour dough baguette, creamery butter, and choice of twice-baked, baked or au gratin potatoes. The Sunset Menu will not be available on Valentine's Day. Reservations are strongly recommended in CV Steak, call 775-783-6650.
- Katie's is serving its regular menu on Valentine's Day plus two Valentine’s Day specials from 2 to 10 p.m. The half-pound Prime Rib dinner special is served with au jus, double-stuffed baked potato, fried shrimp, cocktail sauce, lemon and choice of house salad or soup of the day for $16.99. This special is also offered with a ¾ pound Prime Rib cut at $20.99 and a full pound of Prime Rib at $24.99. The Fillet of Sole Stuffed with Shrimp is served with a chardonnay cream sauce, wild rice pilaf and garden vegetable for $13.99.
Our Independence Means Savings for You!
We hinted at it last week and now we can come clean: we have gone “independent” with our fuel offering at the Carson Valley Market. We have "shed the shell" and now offer more competitive pricing and pay-at-the-pump convenience via debit card (with no transaction fees) and those "everyone has at least one in their wallet" credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We've already seen an increase in activity and we thank you for your patience during the switch-over last week.
Genoa Cowboy Festival: The Genoa Cowboy Festival is coming up again on Friday and Saturday, April 29 & 30, 2016. As we did last year, we will be offering a limited number of specially priced packages for that weekend: Two nights in the hotel, a pair of tickets for the Friday night concert, a pair tickets for the Saturday night concert and $50 in food value for use in any of our restaurants. Last year these packages sold out in advance so we encourage you to make your reservations now. Find all the details at this link.
Do You Like Your Entertainment Stewed or Smoked? You can have both this week as Stew Stewart (double stewed?) and his band entertain Thursday through Saturday nights, and Jonny Smokes (a true one-man band) returns Sunday through Wednesday. Stew Stewart is a spontaneous, witty and somewhat whimsical entertainer. While the numbers change from day-to-day, he says something like “as a singer I’m a '6' but as an entertainer I’m a '9'.” Whatever the quantitative rating, Stew always connects to his audience with country music, blues, oldies, comedy, classic rock, Motown and just plain ol' on-the-spot fun! While carrying the label of "One Man Band," this moniker fails miserably to even begin to define the energetic live experience of a Jonny Smokes show. Jonny enthusiastically delivers a high tech one man exhibition as he consistently performs over 150 solo shows every year in the western United States and throughout Europe.
Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet the Pro Bowl (yep, we do actually take about a dozen bets on this party, er, football game), Horseracing, NBA and College Basketball and NHL Hockey. We are also taking action on Saturday’s UFC Light Heavyweight MMA fight in Newark, NJ between recent title challenger Anthony Johnson and “TUF 8” winner Ryan Bader.
- Our Pro PK’EM Progressive Jackpot didn’t hit this NFL season so now $5,142 must be given away . . . here is the plan: We’ll have a parlay card out before this weekend with 15 prop bets on the Super Bowl Game. Whoever gets the most correct wins! More on this next Wednesday.
- Tailgate Party - Inside? Yes . . after a few years of "lucking out" on the weather for our outdoorTailgate Party on Saturday of Super Bowl weekend, we're moving it inside on February 6. As we said above, more on this next Wednesday.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- A Peek Under the Hood at February: Ladies Night returns on Wednesdays with a new twist; Italian specials will continue in Katie's on Wednesdays; three Mondays in February will offer the opportunity to earn a free CVI sweatshirt and mid-month brings the start of our $80,000 All-Cash Love and Luck Giveaways.
- Elk Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions for $30. Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It:
- Today is Chocolate Cake Day. Sticky, gooey, creamy chocolate. Read that three times fast while sitting in Kate's and then try not to order a slice of chocolate cake either for dessert or to take home!!
- Thursday is Blueberry Pancakes Day. While you won't see them listed as such on the Katie's menu, blueberries are just one of the fruits we offer as options to be added to any pancake order for just $1 more.
- Friday is Corn Chip Day. Of course we have them in Katie's . . . How else would we make those scrumptious Macho Nachos!
- Saturday is Inane Answering Machine Message Day. We did a few searches and found a bunch that were funny, a few that were off-color, and this one, our absolute favorite!! A special thanks to Susan Andrews and our friends at SoundPros & Video who record the messages you hear while on hold when calling the CVI.
- Sunday is drawkcaB yaD. We knew there was something wrong with this day as there is no "real" NFL Football on TV (the Pro Bowl? Seriously?).
- Monday marks the beginning of February which is Hot Breakfast Month. We're assuming you'll make a hot breakfast at home on Monday and Tuesday, and then be ready to go out for breakfast by Wednesday. So, we'll have a few ideas in next Wednesday's blog.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!