|Del Van Dyke|
A Funny Thing Happened at the CVI . . . Actually, it’s happening tonight: Stand-up comedy in the close-up setting of our Valley Ballroom! Doors open at 7, the show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are just $15 at the hotel desk (21 or over). Del Van Dyke and Kelly Hilbert will be onstage tossing you the comedic barbs - read more at this link.
Cash Party Saturday: Our $75,000 King of Cash Promotion features the first of two 7-hour Cash Parties Saturday from 1 to 8 p.m. We’ll have cash drawings, free giveaways every 20 minutes, free snacks from time to time and a guaranteed $1,000 cash winner. To multiply your chances of winning, Cash Patrol will be going on from 5 to 9 p.m. and our Slots Happy Hour will provide mystery multipliers every 30 minutes from 4 to 6 p.m.
On the Scene at the CVI! There are many advantages to holding your fundraiser at the Carson Valley Inn. Today we’ll focus on just one: when possible, we’ll help you get the word out! With that in mind, be sure to check out the following, all coming up in the next few weeks in our Valley Ballroom. We always have room for one or two more… To book your next event at the Carson Valley Inn, c
- Douglas County Democratic Central Committee 1st in the West Rural Blue Dinner
General Wesley K. Clark,
- Carson Valley Chapter Ducks Unlimited Annual Dinner & Fundraiser: Saturday, February 6. Contact Jeremy Litka, 775-720-4554. Website
- Douglas Animal Welfare Group My Funny Valentine Dinner & Comedy Show: Saturday, February 13. Don’t worry about anyone putting the “bite” on you for this event, it is Sold Out. Website
- Eagles and Agriculture: Friday through Sunday, February 19 – 21. Contact Alicia Mains at 775-782-8144. Website
- Austin’s House Cowboy Mardi Gras: February 26. Contact Terry Palmitier, 775-297-2187. Website
Two Ways to Shoot on February 18 - 20!
- Shoot Pictures: The raptor activity in the Valley continues to increase as the calving season at our area ranches intensifies. This will bring a host of sure-to-be-sold-out events at Eagles and Agriculture produced annually by the Carson Valley Chamber of Commerce and headquartered at the Carson Valley Inn.
- Shoot Clays: There are still a few openings left for our 30th Annual Shooting Outing featuring an arrival reception on Thursday, clay shooting Friday at Walker River Resort and Saturday at Carson Valley Clays, and a banquet on Saturday night. Lots of fun both outdoors and indoors!
Cabaret Lounge Entertainment – No Cover, No Minimum – Free! George Pickard performs tonight, Melissa Dru and her band entertain Thursday through Saturday nights, and Jonathon “J.B.” Barton returns Sunday through Wednesday. Melissa Dru has performed at Carnegie Hall in New York and at the Royal Albert Hall in London. Melissa and her band cover a wide mix including classic rock, R&B and a bit of country; everything from Pink Floyd to Patsy Cline. A natural performer and entertainer, Melissa will delight you with her unique vocal style and sense of fun. Don't miss this popular songbird in action!
Race and Sports Book:
- This week you can watch and bet the NFL Conference Championship Games, Horseracing, NBA and College Basketball and NHL Hockey. We are also taking action on Saturday’s Danny Garcia vs. Robert Guerrero boxing match.
- Our PRO PK’EM progressive jackpot stands at $5,057 and the parlay card features winners, totals and props on the two NFL Conference Championship games this Sunday. It takes all 15 correct to win this weekend . . . and if no one gets ‘em all, the jackpot will go to whoever gets the most correct on the Super Bowl card.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Oh Deer! If you didn’t quite “get” the comment in last week’s blog about the audience of one in TJ’s Corral, take another look and you’ll see that there is a deer standing on the grass seating area . . . with her back turned to the stage!
- Three Reasons to Visit Tonight . . . or next Wednesday:
- Earn 100 base points and take your pick of a 200 ml bottle of Jameson (Fireball next week) or a pack of Marlboro Red or Marlboro Gold.
- Enjoy three Italian Specials in Katie’s from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Chicken Parmigiana served on a bed of spaghetti pasta with marinara sauce; Chicken Piccata served on a bed of spaghetti pasta with lemon caper butter sauce and mushrooms; and Meat Lasagna. Take your pick, just $5.99!
- Slots Happy Hour Mystery Multipliers (3X-7X Points) from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Duck Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast marinated with fresh herbs, grilled to medium rare-medium doneness with natural duck jus for $28. Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It:
- Today is Cheese Lovers Day. You can make the day memorable by ordering anything at Sharkey's Café that has ghost pepper cheese . . . will definitely warm you up on a cool winter day!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!