- NFL Preseason: to make sure all teams start out on an even playing field (corny, huh!) when the regular season starts next Thursday September 5, the NFL crams all of the Week Four preseason games into this Thursday. 16 games are on the board and we’ll do our best to show as many as possible.
- NCAA College Football: Over four dozen major college games are on the schedule (and open for wagering) over the next four days starting with the UCLA Bruins at the Cincinnati Bearcats at 4 PM Thursday and ending with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish visiting the Louisville Cardinals just 100 miles south on I71 at 5 PM on Monday.
- Additional seasonal action on the board includes Major League Baseball, Canadian Football, WNBA Basketball and Horse Racing. We’re also taking bets on this Sunday’s NASCAR Monster Energy Series Southern 500.
- Futures Bets on the board include the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2019 World Series, 2020 NCAA Football Championship, 2020 Super Bowl, 2020 NBA Championship and 2020 Stanley Cup.
- Coming Next Week: Be sure to check our blog next Wednesday, September 4 for information on drink specials during NFL games, hat giveaways for Monday Nights, the return of our Pro-PK’em contest and more.
|A Friend, Nohema, Glenda & Michael Toasting Lightning Strikes!|
Early this spring Glenda and Glenn moved to our area and we’ve gotten to know them as their new home is being built. They recently sustained a few “lightning strikes,” none of which caused any damage. About two weeks ago the Major Jackpot on the Lightning Link slot bank near the Cabaret along the Hwy 395 wall hit Glenda for under a thousand dollars – more like a bee sting. The big bolt came from the Grand Jackpot on the same slot bank when it struck Glenda for $11,718 last week. It was Glenn who shared this jackpot news with Julie in our Marketing Department. She was skeptical at first ‘cause he told it like one of the fishing stories that often is “spun” after Glenn has been out fishing with CVI’s MOD Malcolm and bartender Matt. In this tale, Glenn’s wife Glenda got the two fish (the money) and Glenn got to tell the story!!
|Free T-Shirt When You Donate Blood|
Battle of the Badges Blood Drive Thursday
Historically blood donations drop by as much as 20% or more during the summer months. The Northern Nevada, Northern California area needs about 150 units of blood a day and you can help make sure that we have a safe blood supply for patients in our community by donating this Thursday at the CVI! The Battle of the Badges Blood Drive runs from 10 AM to 6 PM and the folks from Vitalant (formerly United Blood Services) will have their bloodmobiles set up in our west lot along Hwy 395. All donors receive a Free Battle of the Badges T-Shirt while they last and you can make an appointment by clicking here or simply show up, tell ‘em Buffy sent you, and they’ll squeeze you in!
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- Ladies’ Night Wednesdays: The fun runs from 5:30 to 8:30PM including a Free Handmade Body Scrub and a Keychain Flashlight for the first 150 ladies (over 100 include FreePlay) and Body Scrub Baskets as hot seat prizes. The ladies will also enjoy 3 free Bingo Games, 4 free Raffles and a weekly Drink Special!
- Player’s Choice Wednesdays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Card Sharks Thursday, Friday and Saturday: Ace is High, Deuce is Low, choose your card and win some dough in our Card Sharks Promotion every Thursday (win up to $500), Friday (win up to $500) and Saturday (win up to $1,000) in August. Use your INN Club card while you play and rack up the entries for our drawings at 7:30 and 8:30 PM.
- Point Multiplier Fridays: Watch your benefits roll up quickly with Five Times Points from 10 am to 5 PM and Four Times Points from 5PM to midnight every Friday in August.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday.
- Next Week in the Casino: Watch for details in next week’s blog when we unveil our 3 Harleys and 7.5 Million Points promotion for September and October.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials: Wednesday is Lasagna, Thursday is a Pork Chop in Ranchero Sauce and on Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad from 4 to 10PM. Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw from 2 to 10PM. Monday in September Katie’s features Loaded Mac & Cheese (NEW); BBQ pulled pork, mac & cheese paired with tomato & scallions for $6.99. The new Tuesday special in Katie’s is Enchilada Suizas (NEW); two flour tortillas filled with chicken, chilies & cheese topped with green tomatillo sauce & jack cheese with Spanish rice & beans for $6.99. The specials on Monday through Thursday are served from 11AM to 10PM.
- Katie’s New Weekend Skillet Starts Sunday: Starting this Sunday and continuing every Saturday and Sunday in September, Katie’s is featuring a Skillet Brunch Special from 7 AM to 2 PM. Savor this hearty combination of home fried potatoes tossed with peppers, onions, bacon & sausage, scrambled eggs & tomato, topped with melted cheese all for $7.99.
- CV Steak: Wednesday’s special is Beef Tenderloin Brochette with bell pepper, onions, cherry tomato and a spicy sweet and sour sauce. Thursday is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and herb marinated Lamb Chop Steak. This Friday’s special is Grilled Veal “Porterhouse” Chop with a wild mushroom cream sauce. On Saturday nights CV Steak features Garlic Studded Prime Rib. This Sunday’s special is “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce. CV Steak specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm sourdough baguette.
|This Beauty will be in Minden Next Week|
This Tuesday starts the 7-day visit at the nearby Minden-Tahoe Airport by the historic Sentimental Journey B17. Get all the information on the tours, rides, history and more at this link.
|Whiskey Maiden in Our Cabaret Lounge|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
- Hans Eberbach tonight: Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach sings for the band Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS – a band that represents his original singer/songwriter/electronic soul work.
- Whiskey Maiden, Thursday thru Sunday: Whiskey Maiden is a premiere country/rock/pop act featuring modern music, high energy performance & nonstop dance floor filling song selections. Fronted by the charismatic & soaring vocals of Sandy Nuyts, the members are highly skilled musicians that have performed with the likes of Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Neil McCoy, Hootie & the blowfish, Edwin McCain & many more National & International artists.
- Tyler Stafford, Monday thru Wednesday: Named “Reno’s Best Songwriter 2013” Tyler Stafford is a homegrown talent. His songs often draw comparisons to songwriters such as John Mayer and Paul Simon delivered with a candor and immediacy reminiscent of John Lennon.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!