Merry Christmas to All
|Our Newest Christmas Tree Addition|
Our Christian Themed Tree
The Christian themed tree which sits just in front of the hotel registration desk is new this year and Chief Decorating Elf Eileen Knox indicated it fills two voids. "First, I always thought CVI needed something that caught your eye when you walk in the hotel entrance and to the hotel desk. Second, it celebrates the Spirit of Christmas which is, after all, a Christian holiday." I wanted something that was a different color than the other trees and thus you’ll see pink, gold and silver ornaments and trim. While the other trees and decorations are aimed to be enjoyed through the eyes of a kid, this tree is more elegant and has something for all ages.
So how did Eileen how become the CVI's chief decorating Elf? The short version: Years ago she worked at Nordstrom's and volunteered for their traditional Thanksgiving night Christmas decorating to transform the store into a winter wonderland for shoppers on the day after Thanksgiving. When CVI first started doing decorations 20 something years ago, Eileen volunteered for what was then a committee and she soon rose to the forefront,. Towards the end of 2010, the first full year under Mike Pegram's ownership, the lobby had been remodeled and the furniture had not yet arrived, leaving an empty feeling with the holidays approaching. One discussion led to another and Eileen took the lead to fill some unanticipated empty space. Since then, with Mike's full support, she ups the game every year!
LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEAS
- Tickets to one or both of the two concerts announced so far for our 2020 TJ’s Corral Concert Series:
- Tanya Tucker on Saturday June 6, 2020 with special guest Aubrie Sellers as part of her CMT Next Women of Country Bring My Flowers Now Tour.
- The Charlie Daniels Band on June 26, 2020 as part of the Mike Tice Charity Weekend for the Kids.
- A CVI Gift Certificate to cover a night or two at the Carson Valley Inn coupled with one of these adventure tours described over the last three weeks in this blog:
|CVI's Matt Carter Presents Our Check at the Community Food Drive|
Our Communities Step Up Big
The Carson Valley and Carson City communities stepped up big over this holiday season and two very important programs were the beneficiaries. In Carson City, the customers of Bodines and Slotworld joined in to help raise $15,000 in just one day for the Holiday with a Hero program which provided Christmas shopping and presents for hundreds of Carson City kids. Here in the Carson Valley, our community rallied to help generate over 239,000 pounds of food and over $65,000 for the Carson Valley Community Food Closet at the CVI location during the annual KTVN CH 2 Food Drive event. Through our four properties we were proud to be a major contributor to, and supporter of, both of these incredible community services.
New Year’s Eve Dining at the Inn
CV Steak and Katie's are serving their regular menus plus specials on New Year’s Eve next Tuesday.
- CV Steak is open from 4:30 PM on New Year’s Eve and specials include Beef Tournedos Crab Oscar Style served with Burgundy Demi-Glace for $35 and Seafood Thermidor – Shrimp, Salmon, Monkfish, Scallops and Mushrooms crusted with Hollandaise for $34. As with all CV Steak entrees (except for the hearty pasta dishes), these specials include vegetables and choice of au gratin, twice-baked or baked potato plus tableside-tossed salad, sourdough baguette and creamery butter. CV Steak New Year's Eve reservations can be made by calling 775-783-6650. The Sunset Special will not be offered on New Year’s Eve but will be served on New Year’s Day.
- Katie's is offering a New York Strip Steak Special from 4 PM on New Year’s Eve; a blue cheese encrusted New York Strip Loin with mashed potatoes, vegetable medley and choice of soup or house salad for $16.99. The December daily Tuesday special will not be served on December 31.
- Katie's is also the perfect spot for New Year's Day "morning after" breakfast and lunch. Katie's 24-hour signature special is a $5.99 Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs plate – add a Bloody Mary and you might just have the perfect hangover helper!.
New Year’s Eve Entertainment
‘Rock’ Ours or ‘Roll’ Your Own!
Carson Valley Inn and Sharkey’s Casino are teaming up to give you two diverse choices for New Year’s Eve entertainment on Tuesday: Classic rock ‘n’ roll for listening, dancing and partying in the Cabaret Lounge at the CVI. . . . or “Roll Your Own” Entertainment with the full on karaoke experience in the Silver Dollar Bar area at Sharkey’s.
Rockology is a Classic Rock Tribute Band bringing the greatest hits from the '70s, '80s and more to the Cabaret Lounge on New Year’s Eve from 9 PM to 1 AM. This fun group of seasoned musicians delivers a catalog filled with three-part harmonies, saxophone, keyboards, electric guitars and live drums - the perfect audio and visual stimulus to New Year’s Eve dancing, partying and fun!
At the Sharkey’s Silver Dollar Bar, we’re talking the full-on karaoke experience with Kurtis B Karaoke leading the charge from 10 PM until 2 AM with a professional sound system and full book of songs and lyrics. A long time music business veteran, Kurtis showcased his karaoke skills in Tahoe at the Horizon and MontBlue. His 30+ year career in the entertainment business includes shooting videos for MTV and VH1 back in the 80s and many years of touring in key backstage positions with major acts such as Journey, Stix, REO Speedwagon, Cher and many more. Currently, he is enjoying the holiday off-season in the Carson Valley while continuing as Stage Manager for Alice Cooper's tour. The Kurtis B Karaoke Show draws you in as the star while making sure to entertain all those in attendance!
This Week’s Promotions Lineup
- 5X Points Today for Christmas: Earn 5 Points on slots and videos all day! Ladies’ Night fun returns on January 8
- Point Multiplier Friday: Earn 5 Points on slots and videos all day this Friday.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday in December.
- 4X Points Tuesday: Earn 4 Points on slots and videos from 4 AM to 4 PM on Tuesday, December 31.
- Sports Book Mike’s Musings:
- NFL favorites went 9-6-1 last week. Five of the dogs won.
- College bowl games get going in earnest this week. There are 20 NCAA Bowl Games over the next 7 days including two on Saturday that will decide the final two teams for The National Championship: The Peach Bowl pitting No. 1 LSU vs. No. 4 Oklahoma and the Fiesta Bowl featuring No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 3 Clemson.
- Special "Bowl Games" parlay cards will run through Thursday this week. The standard parlay cards, with the NFL games, will not be available until Friday morning, when they will supersede the "Bowl Games" cards.
- Specials Sports Book hours on New Year’s Eve are 9 AM to 5 PM.
- The Raiders can somehow still make the playoffs! If these teams win on Sunday, then they are supposedly in: Ravens, Texans, Colts and Raiders. How is it that the already eliminated Broncos are favored against the Raiders?
- Our Pro Pick’em Progressive Jackpot is $4,629 this week. Pick all 15 NFL winners on our weekly $5 Parlay Card and it’s yours. Each week it is not “hit,” the jackpot climbs based on the collective contest play at the CVI, Sharkey’s, Bodines and SlotWorld. If it isn’t won this week, we’ll keep it climbing and roll it into the NFL Playoffs adding some prop bets to get to 15 choices each week,
- Seasonal Wagers on board this week include NFL Football, NCAA Football Bowl Games, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horse Racing.
- Futures Bets on the board include: 2020 NCAA Football Championship, 2020 Super Bowl, 2020 NCAA College Basketball, 2020 NBA Championship and 2020 Stanley Cup.
- Football Extras:
- $2 Coors Light draft at the Casino Bar or in the Cabaret Lounge during all televised NFL and College Games.
- Bar Snacks Delivered to Your Seat while you watch or play. Get the full menu and pricing at this link!!
This Week in Our Restaurants
Katie’s Specials This Week:
- Wednesday – Christmas Day: Traditional Roasted Turkey Dinner from 11 AM to 10 PM (Smoked Chicken Legs not served today.)
- Thursday: Spaghetti & A Giant Meatball with mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, parsley, garlic bread from 11 AM to 10 PM; $6.99.
- Friday and Saturday: Meat Lovers Platter with slow roasted brisket, pulled chicken & smoked sausage plus choice of 2 sides from macaroni salad, baked beans, potato salad or coleslaw. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $13.99.
- Sunday: "Chandler" Chicken Dinner; southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, coleslaw. From 2 to 10 PM; $7.99.
- Monday: Katie’s Shepherd’s Pie; a one-dish serving of sautéed ground beef with grandma’s brown gravy, peas and carrots. From 11 AM to 10 PM; $5.99
- Tuesday: New York Strip Steak Special from 4 PM New Year’s Eve (Pork Chili Verde not available.)
CV Steak Specials:
- Today: Seared Fillet of Salmon with Dijon Mustard Lemon Caper Cream Sauce and Grilled New York Strip Loin with Bacon and Wild Mushroom Sauce.
- Thursday: CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and herb marinated Lamb Chop Steak.
- Friday: Veal Scaloppini with Lemon and Capers.
- Saturday: Garlic Studded Prime Rib.
- Sunday: “Oscar Style” Fillet of Salmon with crab and Béarnaise sauce.
- Tuesday, New Year’s Eve: See story above.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
- Michael Furlong Band tonight thru Saturday: Michael Furlong has been an accomplished performing musician and technician throughout his life with extensive experience as a lead vocalist, lead guitar player, songwriter, studio and live audio engineer, record and video producer and editor. While he and his band perform hits from a variety of artists, he is best known for his “Petty Theft" Show – A Tribute to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers.
- NFL Football Sunday: The Niners vs. the Seahawks in the final game of the NFL regular season.
- Trippin King Snakes, December 30: Ev Musselman (Guitar and Vocals), Charlie Fecteau (Bass) and Nick Fecteau (Drums and Vocals) are a popular northern Nevada trio of musicians playing an eclectic array of Rock, Blues, Funk, and Alternative Covers and originals.
- Rockology on Tuesday, New Year’s Eve: Rockology is a high energy Classic Rock Tribute Band bringing you the greatest hits from the '70s, '80s and more. This fun group of seasoned musicians delivers a catalog filled with three-part harmonies, saxophone, keyboards, electric guitars and live drums.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!