A Chat with Stu Cook
of Creedence Clearwater Revisited
of Creedence Clearwater Revisited
Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Stu Cook and Doug “Cosmo” Clifford bring a nearly sold-out (standing room tickets remain) Creedence Clearwater Revisited concert to TJ’s Corral on Sunday evening, August 12. Northern Nevada Photo Journalist Nick McCabe interviewed Clifford during an area appearance by "Revisited" in 2017 so he was invited to chat with Stu Cook recently in advance of their upcoming visit. The interview is at this link and covers Stu's thoughts on touring, hobbies (he used to fly his own plane in and out of Minden Airport when he lived in Tahoe), travel, the sacrifices of success and more. You can buy tickets on our website or in person at the Hotel Front Desk. Concert night reservations for the Hotel, Motor Lodge and RV Park can be made on our website or by calling 775-783-6629.
These Guys Can Really Thread the Needle!
- Today is Thread the Needle Day. And there's nothing like watching the needle get threaded at 500 miles an hour as shown in the Blue Angels picture above! Want to see it all for yourself? Get tickets now for the Aviation Roundup at the Minden-Tahoe airport on October 13 and 14 featuring the U.S. Navy Blue Angels!!
- Friday is Talk in an Elevator Day. On the surface, you wouldn't think this has anything to do with the Carson Valley Inn. However, we happen to be one of the few places in Minden and Gardnerville where there is actually an elevator that covers enough floors to create that awkward silence that occurs when strangers get in an elevator. So, next time you ride the elevator at the CVI, mix it up a little and get a conversation going!
- Friday is also Scotch Whiskey Day. We have the full gamut of choices at the CV Steak Bar from the get-up-on-the-ladder, top shelf Johnny Walker Gold to other more reachable brands. What's the best way to drink Scotch Whiskey? Decide for yourself after reading these suggestions from a Scottish bartender.
- Saturday is Milk Chocolate Day. Most of our house-made chocolate desserts use the more nutritionally favorable dark chocolate which has more of the original cocoa bean. If you just have a hankering for milk chocolate, order the Chocolate Mousse in CV Steak!
- Sunday is International Chicken Wing Day. Rather than confuse you with dozens of combinations, we make it simple: our Pound of Buffalo Wings basket with celery and ranch dressing is available for at-your-seat enjoyment at our bars or in the Cabaret Lounge!
- Monday is Cheesecake Day. We make cheesecake just about every day in our bakery and they have proven quite popular as desserts in Katie's and CV Steak . . . Plus dozens are purchased every week at the Katie's Bakery Counter. Could this unusually high local demand be a throwback to the dairy heritage of Carson Valley??
|J. T. Humphrey - One of the Legends of the Carson Valley|
A Legend of the Carson Valley
Recreation, history, relaxation, exploration . . . all this and more are available in the Carson Valley just minutes from the Carson Valley Inn. Take a look at JT Humphrey in the picture above. He’s just one of the Legends of the Carson Valley. Not legendary because of being here many years . . . but legendary because he depicts just one aspect of all there is to do, see and experience. Find out more about the Legends of the Carson Valley by clicking on this link and download or request a Carson Valley Visitors Guide by clicking on this link!
Golf Balls and Clay Targets!
Two quick reminders on upcoming CVI events:
- Two days of Sporting Clays and a couple of fun social events highlight our Summer Fun Sporting Clays coming up very soon on August 5 – 7. We have room for 2 or 3 more participants so check all the details in the flyer at this link.
- Our Annual Mixed Scramble Golf Outing is just six weeks away on September 7 – 9. It’s a day of low pressure golf and great food among the company of good people. For more information, click here to see the flyer with all the details.
This Week in the Casino
- a Salad Cutter Bowl for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Baskets as
- Progressive Cash Giveaway Grand Prize Drawings Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6 and 8 PM are for the grand prize drawings for cash, FreePlay and chances for the Progressive Cash Giveaway Jackpot.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points on video reel slots and 3 Times Points on video poker slots all day Saturday . . . A great way to build up your point total to use for comps and other special benefits.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, WNBA, Canadian Football League, the NASCAR Gander Outdoors 400 at Pocono Raceway and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament! College Football starts in 31 days and the first NFL Game is in 43 days! Oh, and if you see a few long faces behind the desk at our Race and Sports Book, turns out we had more than just a couple of folks who placed futures bets on Francesco Molinari to win The Open last weekend!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Chris Twomey tonight, Buddy Emmer Band Thursday thru Saturday, Bill Wharton Sunday and Monday and the Denver Saunders Duo next Tuesday and Wednesday. Chris Twomey has roots deep into a genre of folk-rock and his performances include From 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next! A longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit the Buddy Emmer Band’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Local artist Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. A stripped down performance of the band “The Well Dressed Mannequins,” Denver Saunders (vocals/guitar) and Jarom Horner (6-String Bass) are known for inspiring dancing, laughing and sing-alongs wherever they play.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!