Stranglehold on Concert Tickets!
Could be the artists. Could be the pent-up desire for entertainment. Could be the “word” is out on the incredible setting and ambience of TJ’s Corral for a concert. Probably a combination of all this and more that’s putting a “Stranglehold” on tickets and producing sellout crowds for our outdoor concerts this year. Granger Smith was sold out, Clint Black was sold out, a handful of standing room tickets remain for Ted Nugent tonight, and Trace Adkins is already sold out for July 14. For all this we offer our sincere thanks! This type of support, especially with all the other concerts going on in Northern Nevada, is so encouraging and already has us planning for more new entertainment during the 2019 season!
Moving ahead to our last scheduled concert of the year, we have tickets available for the Creedence Clearwater Revisited performance on Sunday, August 12. Rock out to Creedence tunes, join us post-concert in the casino and spend the night! Rooms are available that night in both our Hotel and Motor Lodge with rates starting at $99. Purchase concert tickets through our website which allows you to view the seating layout map and select your seat. You can also buy tickets in person at the Hotel Front Desk. Reservations for the Hotel, Motor Lodge and RV Park can be made on our website or by calling 775-783-6629.
Looking Back at Clint Black Last Friday: Great review and pictures by Pheonix Gruneich of Tahoe Onstage at this link . . . Thanks to Clint who tweeted to CVI, “Many thanks! Great crowd, great staff to work with at the venue!” . . . and our thanks for the many, many positive post-concert comments on social media!
Yesterday’s visit to the cardiologist was over $70,000 to the “good” for James Mabe. A Smith Valley rancher, James said he only plays the Penny Progressive slots when he stops by the CVI. At other times of the year, he stops in more often. However, since it’s the heart of haying season, his visits are fairly scarce this time of year. Yesterday was an exception, however, as he had a cardiologist appointment. With most of the day shot due to the appointment, he decided to stop by the CVI and invest a couple of hundred dollars trying for the penny progressive. His investment paid off to the tune of $73,686! Not sure that spending the day haying yesterday would've paid that much!
|Patrica (l) and Dana & Jane (r) Show Off $7,500|
You’d Think We’d Know by Now . . .
Cash is King!
Cash is King!
Four lucky winners had a decision to make last Saturday. At the Carson Valley Inn and Sharkey’s Casino, the choice was a brand new Jet Ski perfect for the hot days of July and August . . . or $7500 in cash. Both Vanessa (Sharkey’s) and Jane (CVI) took the cash! At Bodines Casino and Slot World Casino, winners were given the choice between a new ATV for exploring the miles and acres of hills and trails in our area . . . or $7500 in cash. Both Karen (Bodines) and Patricia (Slot World) took the cash! $30,000 in one night – nice haul for our players! During July we’re cutting right to the chase and giving our casino players a shot at a total of over $40,000 in various Progressive Cash Giveaways at the four properties including $15,000 up for grabs right here at CVI!
This Week’s Casino Giveaways and Promotions
- 5X Points Today: Inn Club members earn Five Times Points today to help create fireworks for your Inn Club benefits!!
- Progressive Cash Giveaway Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM are for cash, FreePlay and chances for the Progressive Cash Giveaway Jackpot
- Point Multipliers Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points on video reel slots and 3 Times Points on video poker slots all day Saturday . . . A great way to build up your point total to use for comps and other special benefits.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account with accompanying graphics and sounds announcing your amount!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can wager on the NBA Summer League, World Cup Soccer, Major League Baseball, WNBA, Canadian Football League, the NASCAR Coke Zero Sugar 400 (Daytona International Speedway) and Horse Racing. Futures include winners of the World Cup Soccer, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament!
Chicken & Chocolate!
|Lots of Chocolate at CVI for |
Chocolate Day on Saturday
- Friday is Fried Chicken Day. The good news is that we offer a Southern Fried Chicken Breasts Plate every day in Katie's. The great news is our $5.99 Chandler Chicken Dinner Special every Sunday from 2 to 10 PM! This top-selling special has an almost cult-like following with many repeat customers who not only enjoy this exceptional value, but also sometimes table hop to visit with other Sunday "Chandlerites!"
- Saturday is Chocolate Day. We have plenty of chocolate choices at the CVI with rich chocolate-desserts in CV Steak, chocolate fudge cake in Katie's, chocolate fudge brownies and chocolate chip cookies at the Katie's Bakery Counter, chocolate topped pastries in Job's Perk and everything in between. And, as a special treat on Saturday, start the day with the chocolate chip pancakes special!
- Want to Combine Fried Chicken and Chocolate? A little off our usual course, but there is a recipe for Chocolate Fried Chicken in this YouTube video!
|Concerts in Minden Park Help Make Minden a Special Place|
We're Proud to Be in Minden!
Seems like one of those "best," "prettiest," "most affordable," "most expensive," " most whatever" lists comes out every week. Usually it's the headline in an online news source or a social media luring you into scrolling through all 50 states and exposing you to many ads. Putting that aside, we were honored to have the Carson Valley Inn called out specifically when Minden was named Nevada's choice of Most Beautiful Small Towns in America by House Beautiful. The picture above is courtesy of the Carson Valley Visitors Authority and it depicts a typical reason why we are still so small-town-America – a moment from a recent GE Family Concert Series in Minden Park. These free concerts are proudly sponsored by the Carson Valley Inn and there’s another one this Friday evening when the Cripple Creek Band entertains with country music and southern rock.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Whiskey Maiden tonight through Saturday and Patrick Major Sunday thru Tuesday. Whiskey Maiden is a premiere country/rock/pop act out of California featuring modern music, high energy performance & nonstop dance floor filling song selections. Fronted by the charismatic & soaring vocals of Sandy Nuyts, the members are highly skilled musicians who have performed with the likes of Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Neil McCoy, Hootie & the Blowfish, Edwin McCain & many more National & International artists. Patrick Major includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Whether playing tunes from James Taylor to Dave Matthews, or his own compositions, he displays an unequaled emotion with all.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!