Clint Black Sold Out
Yep, the Clint Black concert is Sold Out this Friday night so we’ll start with a big Thank You for the incredible support we have received for our 2018 concerts! And, sorry, even all the standing room is sold out for Clint Black so there will not be any tickets available on a walk-up basis. So, now what? Your best bet for enjoying a 2018 concert in TJ’s Corral is to plan on the Creedence Clearwater Revisited performance on Sunday, August 12. We still have tickets available and here’s an unusual twist: we have room availability in both our Hotel and our Motor Lodge for that Sunday! So why not make a reservation for the hotel, come by early that Sunday and enjoy a dinner in Katie’s or CV Steak (be sure to make a reservation in CV Steak) and then catch the concert. If you have an extra day to spend, stay over on Monday night and enjoy the scenery and recreational activities available in our Valley. As for our other two concerts, there are still a few remaining tickets for Ted Nugent on Wednesday, July 4 and Trace Adkins on Saturday, July 14. . . but please act very soon. Purchase tickets through ourwebsitewhich allows you to view the seating layout map and select your seat. You can also buy tickets in person at the Hotel Front Desk.
As a reminder, backpacks, large handbags, chairs and pets are not permitted at CVI concerts. Also, please take your sweater in with you as there is no reentry.
$209,000+ For the Boys and Girls Club
The 8th Annual Mike Tice Charity Weekend “For the Kids” over Father’s Day weekend scored big for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch – Over $209,000 was raised! A portion of this money will be used to offset operating costs for the coming year. The remainder, as has been the case the last few years, goes into a special fund set aside to build a new Boys and Girls Club facility just for the youth of Carson Valley.
Blood Drive Today
The All-American Blood Drive is today in our West Lot under the large electronic sign. The Blood Mobiles will be here taking donations from 10 AM till 6 PM.
This Week’s Casino Giveaways and Promotions
- a Chocolate Shoppe Treat for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as
- “Just Brew It” Thursday: A Free “Mr. Coffee” Electric Ice Tea Maker is yours for earning just 100 base points the same day. You get the gift plus keep those 100 points!
- Jet Skis or Cash Promotion – be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino!
- Grand Prize Giveaways Part One Thursday: drawings at 6 and 8 PM . . . All part of the lead-up to the big giveaway on Saturday night.
- Friday Night Drawings: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM are for cash, FreePlay and Golden Tickets into Saturday’s Jet Ski Giveaway.
- Grand Prize Giveaways Part Two Saturday: Drawings at 6 & 8 PM for cash, FreePlay and the final Golden Tickets before the Golden Ticket Drawing for a Free Jet Ski at 8:15pm!
- 4X Points Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points Saturdays in June – that’s quadruple the build-up of comp value!
- Ladies’ Only Poker Tournament Sunday: The ladies take over the Poker Room tournament table at 4 PM this Sunday for the monthly Ladies’ Only event. Complimentary (as in no charge) and complementary (as in “you look marvelous”) brush-up lessons at 3 PM are a good way to get warmed up!
- Free Apple Pie Monday: our theory is that everybody needs an apple pie for the Independence Day holiday. So, earn just 50 points on Monday and, while our supplies last, we’ve got a free Apple pie for you! Naturally, you keep the 50 points!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can wager on the College World Series Finals (Arkansas vs. Oregon State), World Cup Soccer, Major League Baseball, WNBA, Canadian Football League, the NASCAR Overton’s 400 and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Cup Soccer, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament!
This Week’s Quirky Days
- Friday is Waffle Iron Day. Keep your iron in the pantry or kitchen drawer and come by Katie's where we serve waffles daily from 5 AM to Noon! Sure they make a mess . . . but it's our mess to clean up, not yours!
- Saturday is Social Media Day. Good day to make sure you are connected to the CVI on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Monday is Anisette Day. Here's a list of over thirty cocktails that use this anisette . . . How many do you recognize? How many have you tried?
- Tuesday is Eat Beans Day. We have served Navy Bean Soup in Katie’s every day since the Carson Valley Inn opened in the summer of 1984! So, guess you could say we are “all in” on beans. Our blog writers have another favorite – order the Fish Tacos and ask to substitute Black Beans for Refried Beans!
So Says David A
Thanks, David A, for this glowing Recommendation on our Facebook page. In turn, we thank all of our employees who provide the smiles and friendly service that make these remarks happen!! “My wife and I are on an extended stay here until our new home is built. Everyone from the management, staff, and housekeeping have gone out of their way to make our stay comfortable and pleasant. Love the friendly hospitality and smiles that greet us everyday. Absolutely will recommend to all friends and family. We give it 2 thumbs up and 5 Stars!”
|CV Steak - Plenty of Choices!|
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Bison Tournedos Rossini for $35.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Hans Eberbach tonight, The Nash Brothers Thursday thru Saturday, Adam Donald Sunday thru Tuesday. Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach sings for the band Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. While they were born and raised in The City of Roses, Portland, OR, the Nash Brothers are a close knit family band whose hearts beat to the sounds of country life. The quartet entertains with the honed-around-the campfire recreation of country music classics. Adam Donald brings an upbeat and entertaining solo show with a heavy arsenal of songs mixing today’s hits with some old country favorites.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!