Craps the Easy Way!
Craps is one of the most exciting casino games and, as a bonus, is the table game with the most favorable odds for the players. For some, it’s an adrenaline rush they totally understand. For others, it’s a something you watch from a few steps back because you’re either intimidated or haven’t had or taken an opportunity to learn in a non-intimidating environment. Wherever you fall in the spectrum, we now have the solution: our giant Craps machine just inside the front casino entrances ready for you to play 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Play for $1 (where can you do that on a live game!) or up to $200. Jump in while the game is already in action, grab a couple of friends and start your own action, or play on your own when no one else is around. As for learning the game, stop by when no one’s playing and use the various buttons on the left side to learn all about the rules, odds, and how you win or lose on any type of roll. Play the Pass Line, Field, Hard Ways or – for those who want to venture to the dark side – the Don’t Pass Line!
Clint Black Next in TJ’s Corral
|A Few Standing Room Tickets |
Remain for Clint Black June 29
Clint Black is next up on the TJ’s Corral 2018 schedule and the Friday, June 29 concert has less than 50 Standing Room tickets remaining. As a reminder, feel free to bring a blanket (no chairs) and relax on the slightly elevated grass area behind the seating section. If you’ve been to a TJ’s concert, you already know the grass area is pretty darn close to the stage. Following Clint, Ted Nugent rocks the TJ’s stage on Wednesday, July 4; Trace Adkins rolls in on Saturday, July 14 (limited tickets remain) and Creedence Clearwater Revisited wraps up the season (unless we add something that falls in our lap) on Sunday, August 12. Purchase tickets through our website which allows you to view the seating layout map and select your seat. You can also buy tickets in person at the Hotel Front Desk.
Wanna Work Part Time?
Or Full Time But Want Afternoons Free?
Or Full Time But Want Afternoons Free?
- Are you sort-of retired but still want to work a couple of days a week to stay socially connected and earn a few extra bucks? Or, perhaps you are only available 4 hours a day and want to work during those free hours to maintain your sanity or save for a special purpose? Maybe you have restrictions on how much you can earn and a full time job would bust the limit? Whatever your situation, if you want to jump in on a part time basis we might just be able to accommodate your schedule! While we are looking to fill a number of full-time positions, some of our openings could also be perfect for reliable part-timers.
- Here’s a possibility for anyone knowledgeable or experienced in baking . . . but you want or need the afternoons free: Our Baker’s Assistant position starts in the wee hours and you’re off for the day by noon . . . perfect for enjoying the outdoors, spending time with the kids, etc.
- Check at this link for info on all of our open positions and feel free to call our HR folks at 775-783-6663 with any questions or to throw your hat into the mix for full or part time!
This Week’s Activities and Events
- Thursday is Daylight Appreciation Day which is a fancy way of saying the “longest” day of the year. Means there will be plenty of daylight for this month’s “Thirsty Thursday Wine Walk” in Gardnerville. Sip ‘n’ Show is this month’s theme and be sure to show us your official wine glass when strolling through Sharkey’s. Demont and his crew have a Free Sharkey’s T-shirt for all official wine walk participants during this week’s event.
- Thursday is also World Music Day. Enjoy your favorite genre and “mark” the day by latching onto tickets for one or more of our four remaining concerts in TJ’s Corral!
- Saturday is Swim a Lap Day. If that’s your thing, and you’re a guest in our Hotel, Motor Lodge or RV Park, jump into our indoor pool on the second floor and get started! Complete your workout on one of the treadmills or the multi-station weight machine in the adjacent fitness room and then wind down with a soak in one of the hot spas while taking in the mountain views.
- Next Wednesday, June 27 is the All-American Blood Drive here at the CVI from 10 AM till 6 PM. The Bloodmobiles will be parked in our lot along Hwy 395 near the big electronic sign and you can get on the schedule by calling 800-696-4484 or click here to schedule online.
So Says Brittany M
Thanks, Brittany M! We don’t know what brought you here a couple of weeks ago, or what you thought you’d find in Minden, NV, but we’re sure appreciative of your kind remarks as posted on TripAdvidsor: “I stayed at the Carson Valley Inn with my 70 year old grandmother. My expectations were low for this trip. A casino/hotel in a small town? Cheap rooms? What am I getting myself into!? The room was clean. The beds were comfortable. The towels were well stocked. The water pressure in the shower was amazing! Every employee we encountered was friendly and accommodating. The casino staff went above and beyond to make my grandmother happy. Nohema, was working in the casino. She was gracious and friendly even when my grandmother was not. Taj was a fantastic cocktail waitress that made sure we were happy and my grandmother was well taken care of. The staff made this trip so enjoyable for us, and I hope to return soon. Thank you to all of the staff at the CVI for making sure we had a wonderful trip!” We hope you’ll visit again soon and enjoy our community again!
Steffanie Henningsen won $16,000
Happened a few nights ago when the Double Diamond Slot she was playing went Haywire!!
In the Casino
- a Free Anchor Hocking Bakeware 2 QT Casserole Dish with Cover for the first 150 ladies and Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as
- “Just Brew It” Thursday: A Free “Mr. Coffee” Set of Two 1.7 Liter Insulated Coffee Servers is yours this Thursday for earning just 100 base points the same day. You get the gift plus keep those 100 points . . . so be sure to use your Inn Club card and get in on this promotion for two always-useful Mr. Coffee items!
- Jet Skis or Cash Promotion Giveaways Friday and Saturday: Our drawings at 6, 7 and 8 PM are for cash, FreePlay and Golden Tickets into the Jet Ski Giveaway on June 30 . . . be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino!
- 4X Points Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points Saturdays in June – that’s quadruple the build-up of comp value!
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $40 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,000 points! No need to do anything – the FreePlay downloads automatically to your account and “you’ll know” when it happens from the celebratory graphics and sounds!
At the Sports and Race Book
- This week you can wager on the World Cup Soccer matches, College World Series games, Major League Baseball games, WNBA games, Canadian Football League games, the NASCAR Toyota/Save Mart 350 at the sorta-nearby Sonoma Raceway and Horseracing.
- Futures include winners of the World Cup Soccer, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament!
- If we are so big on the World Cup matches, why do our numerous electronic boards at our Sports Book offer a meager, “Please Ask About World Cup Lines?” It finally gives us a chance to talk about soccer. Also, our system does not display 3-way lines very well. What is a 3-way line? That's a good question to ask the staff at the Sports Book!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $28.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Cliff & Dave tonight, The Kid and Nic Show Thursday thru Saturday, Rock River Sunday and Monday and Hans Eberbach Tuesday and Wednesday. Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread, providing an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll. Kirk and Nicole Tracy’s Kid and Nic Show keeps the crowd dancing, singing and laughing along as they perform pop, rock, dance, oldies, current and classic country, 80's hits, Latin, funk, swing, blues, jazz and reggae. The show also features some fun "theme" medleys of songs from movies such as Grease, The Blues Brothers and Animal House. Rock River is Buddy and Kim from the Buddy Emmer Blues Band presenting an evening of blues and other music! Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach sings for the band Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!