Blues and More Friday, Granger Smith Saturday
This Weekend in TJ’s Corral
The Carson Valley Music, Food & Brew Fest comes to TJ’s Corral this Friday from 4 to 10 PM with non-stop blues entertainment, brews and wines to enjoy, food to keep you goin’ and some interesting sports–related raffle items assembled by Coach Mike Tice. The Music includes continuous entertainment with The Blues Monsters, Buddy Emmer, Mighty Mike Schermer, Chris Cain and Nancy Wright. Beers and ales are being poured from breweries such as Hop Valley, Saint Archer, Alaskan, Shoetree, Brewers Cabinet, Sam Adams, Alibi, Oskar Blues, Ballast Point, Uinta and more. Wines will be available from Lava Cap, Michael David, Giesen, Renwood, Klinker Brick, Bogle, Juggernaut Hillside and others. Pulled pork sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs are on the food menu. Tickets are just $25 and include all the music, a sampler glass and three “chits” towards your choice of beverage samplers or food. Additional chits are available for sale and ALL proceeds from ticket sales, extra chit sales and raffle tickets go to the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, Carson Valley Branch. For tickets and other information please go to this link on the Boys and Girls club of Western Nevada website. Or, call Nick right now at 775-771-6816 and have your credit card ready. Kudos to The Pink House in Genoa for sponsoring this first night of the 8th Annual Mike Tice Charity Weekend “For the Kids”.
Granger Smith Featuring Earl Dibbles, Jr. appears live in concert on Saturday, June 16 and, contrary to what you might have heard, the event is not quite sold out as of the day this blog is being published. There was a short time last weekend when we exhausted all of the allotted Party Pit tickets. However, some quick juggling by Marketing Manager Julie Meza and Joey Whitacre, our Director of Marketing and Casino Operations, freed up some more Party Pit tickets and some are still available . . . so act quickly! The remainder of our 2018 concert schedule includes: Clint Black on Friday, June 29; Ted Nugent Wednesday, July 4; Trace Adkins Saturday, July 14 and Creedence Clearwater Revisited on Sunday, August 12. Purchase tickets through our website which allows you to see the seating layout map and pick you seat.
“Things” sometimes happen in a strange manner around here. This one started innocently with a chat near the Penny Progressive bank between one of our blog writers and Dan Dykes, Commercial Sales Manager at Carson Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge. One thing led to another about what one could do with the jackpot and now we are asking this simple question: if you won our Penny Progressive Jackpot, would you buy the 2019 Dodge Ram1500 Limited Crew Cab 4 x 4 pictured? This progressive jackpot can only be won at either the Carson Valley Inn, Bodines Casino, Sharkey’s Casino or Slot World Casino. So, someone at one of our four properties will eventually haul it in! About the sticker price? We kidded Dan that no one pays sticker price for a vehicle these days! Dan quickly quipped, “I’ll tell you what, when someone wins your Penny Progressive Jackpot and wants to come see me to buy this truck, I’ll make darn sure they don’t pay sticker price!”
Can You Cook?
We’re not talking making dinner for the family, we're talking about “Can You Cook” as in solid cooking experience. We’re also talking full-time and all levels; sous chefs, line cooks and production cooks. With five restaurants in our four locations we have plenty of opportunities for you to be gainfully employed and, if your talents and interests warrant, even moving up the ladder while enjoying a pot full of benefits! Cooking not one of your talents? Were also looking for Security Officers, Slot Floor People, Katie’s Servers and other positions . . . and we can always use another good bartender. Check this link for info on all of our open positions.
Eclectic Week at the Sports Book
Even though the NBA Championship and NHL Stanley Cup winners have been crowned, there’s still quite a bit going on at the Sports and Race Book and this week brings betting opportunities for some of the outside-of-the-mainstream sports. Let’s start with the most bet sporting event in the world, World Cup Soccer, officially referred to as the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018. The first match is Thursday (early morning our time) and the schedule of the daily matches can be found at this link. You can bet which team will win the cup and you can also bet the daily matches. Also new on the board this week are the Canadian Football League (CFL) games which continue until the 106th Grey Cup on November 25. Who’s playing each week? Click here. Still can’t let basketball go? The WNBA will take you through the summer and, yes, you can bet the games here! This weekend is the U.S. Open Golf Tournament and today is the last day to place wagers on who will win. We still have Major League Baseball and Horseracing . . . and futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl and the NCAA Football Championship! Probably the most unusual line on the board this week is Nevada’s odds to win the NCAA Basketball Championship in 2019. For the first time since we’ve had a sports book, it’s an actual legitimate number rather than the standard “you gotta be kiddin’ me” odds you usually see for the teams that haven’t the proverbial "snowball's chance in hell!" What are the odds? Hey, once in a while we have to make you come in to see what’s happening rather than reveal everything in our blog! As for NASCAR this weekend, off for Father’s Day!
This Week’s Fun
- Thursday is World Blood Donor Day. However, we don’t want you to actually donate blood on Thursday. Instead, get scheduled to donate at the All-American Blood Drive here at the Carson Valley Inn on Wednesday, June 27! The event runs from 10 AM till 6 PM and you can get on the schedule either by calling 800-696-4484 or clicking here and scheduling online.
- Thursday is Bourbon Day. Turns out that Bourbon is another product that will be produced by the Bently Heritage Estate Distillery opening later this year just a couple of hundred yards from our front door!
- Friday is Beer Day Britain. How fortuitous that we just happen to have an event going on Friday evening in TJ’s Corral that includes brews! We draw your attention to the article above regarding the Carson Valley Music, Food & Brew Fest
- Friday is Lobster Day. CV Steak is “the place” at the CVI! Lobster choices include Lobster Bisque, Seafood Linguini, Surf & Turf, Seafood Brochette and Lobster Tail. You say you’ll be closer to Sharkey’s Firday night? No problem – Sharkey’s has a Prime Rib and Lobster Tail special every Friday and Saturday night.
- Saturday is Fudge Day. Get your fulfillment in Katie’s with a slice of our Chocolate Fudge Cake. Or, stop at the Katie’s Bakery Counter and buy a large (and kinda heavy!) Chocolate Fudge Cake to take home and share with the family and neighbors (none to the dog please!)
- Sunday is Turkey Lover's Day. We don’t think you should have to wait that long, so we have a Turkey Dinner on our Katie's menu every day . . or come by any Thursday in June and enjoy the Turkey Dinner Plate Special with mashed potatoes and gravy for $6.99, served from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Monday is Go Fishing Day, International Sushi Day and Clean Your Aquarium Day. Seriously, who comes up with all of these and how in the heck do they all wind up on the same day!
In the Casino
- a Free Iron Link Fruit Basket for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as
- “Just Brew It” Thursday: A Free “Mr. Coffee” Tea Kettle is yours this Thursday for earning just 100 base points the same day. You get the gift plus keep those 100 points, so be sure to use your Inn Club card! This is a “while the last” promotion and please do come in . . . these items are taking up wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling space in our storeroom!
- Jet Skis or Cash Promotion Giveaways Friday and Saturday: Our drawings at 6, 7 and 8 PM are for cash, FreePlay and Golden Tickets into the Jet Ski Giveaway on June 30 . . . be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino!
- 4X Points Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points Saturdays in June – that’s quadruple the build-up of comp value!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Elk Tenderloin Tips with Mushroom Cabernet Demi served over Peppered Pappardelle Pasta (seriously, say that three times fast out loud) for $28.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
The Denver Saunders Duo tonight and Thursday, The John Dawson Band Friday and Saturday, Patrick Major Sunday and Monday and Cliff & Dave Tuesday and Wednesday. A stripped down performance of the band “The Well Dressed Mannequins,” Denver Saunders (vocals/guitar) and Jarom Horner (6-String Bass) are known for inspiring dancing, laughing and sing-alongs wherever they play. The John Dawson Band entertains with a variety of modern country and classic rock. Patrick Major includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Cliff and Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread, providing an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!