|One of the Ten Best Steakhouses in Nevada!|
CV Steak in the Spotlight
We’ve always touted CV Steak as one of the best values in northern Nevada – and that’s certainly been supported by our customer comments whether in-person, by email, on social media, through online reviews or the old fashioned comment cards. We received another vote of support recently when Best Things Nevada ranked CV Steak #5 on their list of The 10 Best Steakhouses in Nevada! Puts us in some pretty good company when you consider the many high-end steak houses in Las Vegas alone.
Winnie Won – Wow!
Okay, so it’s not as exciting as the million-dollar Wheel of Fortune winner or the three $10,000+ Lightning Link jackpot payouts we mentioned in our blog last week. However, Winnie’s $4500 payout on one of our Triple Play Poker machines was fun to see because she’s in here all the time and is one of those “how can you not love her” regulars. We even saw some of her personality come out a couple of nights later when we ran into her entering CV Steak with some family for dinner. One of us flippantly said to her “congratulations, we hear you’re buying tonight!” She never missed a beat with her retort, said with a gleam in her eyes and a wink, “As a matter of fact, I am!”
Play Craps for a Quarter?
Yep, $.25 is the minimum bet on the new Shoot to Win Craps™ Carousel at our sister property Bodines Casino. This player-initiated CRAPS game recreates all the betting zones of the traditional table game. With an easily understood HELP menu and BET screens, all players ranging from beginner to expert can enjoy this popular game. If playing live craps is somewhat intimidating to you, these new slots are a great way to learn the game without anyone poking you to move faster. And as you get more comfortable, we welcome you to join us here at the CVI for live craps on Thursday thru Saturday evenings. Because we know you’ll probably ask, we checked with Steve Forester, our corporate slot guru, and asked him when we might have one of these flashy Craps Carousels here at the CVI. His answer, “it’s coming!”
Support DHS Sports Programs at the BBQ this Saturday
Looks like the weather will be quite nice for the Douglas High School Athletics Memorial Dinner happening in TJ’s Corral this Saturday, from 4:30 PM to 7 PM. The event is a combined effort of Block D, the DHS Athletic Department and the DHS All Sports Boosters and the whole purpose is to raise money for all the DHS sports programs. Tickets are just $25 for a generous BBQ buffet with all the trimmings and you can purchase tickets from members of any of these teams: Football, Cross Country, Tennis, Volleyball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer and Girls Golf.
|Get Your Foot in Our Door|
Get Your Foot in the Door at the CVI
We are looking for an energetic, outgoing, enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to provide administrative support to the Marketing Department. Sure you’ll perform clerical tasks, do group direct mailings, handle incoming calls, take messages, work player events and concerts and help with casino floor promotions. But, if you have some graphics experience you can take it a step further and start dipping your toes into even more of our extensive marketing dynamics. For more information on this position and the other employment opportunities available at the Carson Valley Inn, please click here or call our HR folks at 775-783-6663.
Football and Other Sports Info
- Our Guys Picks: Another less-than-stellar performance from the Sportsbook guys last week going winless in four picks. The law of averages was bound to catch up with their hot start! This week Mike looks to rebound with the Iowa Hawkeye’s +3½ at Michigan St and the OVER 68 ½ in the UCLA – Colorado game. Alan loves the L.A. Chargers at home as a pick’em against the Eagles and Alabama -28 vs. Ole Miss. Greg is taking Fresno St. -10 ½ against the struggling Nevada Wolf Pack and the OVER 48 ½ in the Patriots – Carolina game.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $2,882 this week. Cards are just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- $160 Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – earn entries during life poker games.
- Place Your Bet: We are taking action on Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, NFL and College Football and the NASCAR Apache Warrior 400 at the Dover International Speedway this Sunday. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2108 NHL Stanley Cup.
- Sports tickets can be cashed-in at Guest Services when the Sports Book is closed. Horse Race tickets can be cashed only when the Race and Sports Book is open. Winning sports bets placed at any of our three casinos (CVI, Bodines and Sharkey’s) can be cashed at any of the three locations.
This and That
- Today is Tourism Day. Thanks to the many out-of-town visitors who stay at the Carson Valley Inn and dine in our Valley’s restaurants, buy gas, partake in the many events and recreational activities in our area and generally bolster our economy!
- Thursday is Drink Beer Day. No, we're not going to list all of the different beers we have available by the bottle and on tap at the various bars at the CVI, Bodines Casino and Sharkey’s Casino . . . But we kinda did just remind you about the possibilities!
- Sunday is the start of October and with it a number of "National Months," one of which is National Pizza Month. Just another quick reminder that the fresh-made, hand-tossed pizza at Bodines Casino is the best!
- Sunday is International Coffee Day. Bringing it back to something we can get our arms around: stop by Job’s Perk and enjoy one of our many coffee specialty drinks.
- Monday is Name Your Car Day another reminder that there can be a holiday for just about anything all thanks to the proliferation of the Internet and social media. It got to the point recently that one writer decided to use “Talk like a Pirate Day” to write this article about made-up holidays.
- Really not trying to bury this one, but it needs to be mentioned: Saturday is the last day for the Carson Valley Airporter shuttle service between the Carson Valley and the Reno Tahoe International Airport. The transportation grant use to help fund the service was not renewed due to low ridership.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
The RYE Brothers tonight through Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and The Novelists Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. The Novelists acoustic duo provides cliffhanger storytelling, dual lead singing personalities and their signature harmonies.
In the Casino
|One for Each of the First 150 Ladies Tonight!|
- Red Hots and no, there's no chance you can slip one in on our craps table! those red-hot CVI dice . . . They are actually small tins filled with
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM this Thursday and continuing on Thursdays through October!
- 4X Points Friday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day this Friday.
- Friday and Saturday Grand Prize Giveaways: Drawings at 6 & 8 PM each night for a total of $27,000 in Cash and Freeplay over the two nights between the CVI, Bodines Casino and Sharkey's Casino!
- Sunday Ladies Poker Tournament: it’s the first Sunday of the month and that means our monthly Ladies Only Poker Tournament starting at 4 PM in the poker room. Stop by around 3 PM for free refresher lessons!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Game Tips - elk tenderloin tips sautéed with mushrooms and Cabernet Demi, served over peppered Pappardelle pasta for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!