|You Read It
Bodines Casino Had a Really Big Winner Just a Few Days Ago!
Progressive Jackpots Hitting Left and Right!
Just two weeks ago we put an article in our blog about all the Progressive Jackpots at the CVI. Well, we must have tickled something somewhere because the Lightning Link major progressive has now hit three times in eight days! At the CVI, it hit for $14,601 on Tuesday, September 12 and again for $10,539 last Saturday. And at sister property Sharkey’s Casino the Lightning Link Progressive hit yesterday for $12,402 (note: the Lightning Link progressive at each property is separate). Not to be outdone, our other sister property “lit it up” on a massive scale when the Wheel Of Fortune® Progressive Jackpot hit for $1,052,574.99 (see picture above) last Saturday at Bodines Casino in Carson City! Obviously these progressives do hit so we draw your attention to the Penny Progressive Jackpot which topped $46,000 yesterday. This one climbs – and can be won – at all three properties: CVI, Bodines Casino and Sharkey’s Casino. We’re on a hand-out-the-cash roll; will you be the next recipient?
Speaking of winners, and we haven’t touched this subject in quite a while, Mike had two winners last Friday at Los Alamitos: Hot Blooded Girl and Zap Again. Why no horse news in so long? As we’ve stated before, owning and running race horses is not for the faint of heart.
Sports Theme to the Last Wine Walk this Thursday
The last Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk is this Thursday from 4:30 – 7:30 PM in downtown Gardnerville and you can’t do the wine walk without passing by or through Sharkey’s Casino! This month’s theme is Athletic/Sports so wear a jersey, uniform, hat or other garb from just about any team for which you have something hanging in your closet! All the details are at this link and be sure to put a stop at Sharkey’s in your Thursday Wine Walk Game Plan!
The Carson Valley’s second biggest tourist crowd of the year is expected this weekend when the annual Candy Dance Art & Crafts Faire takes over the Town of Genoa this Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 5 PM. A friendly reminder that the road in downtown Genoa will be closed from 7 AM to 5 PM both days so plan accordingly to “go the north route” if you’re traveling from the Carson Valley Inn to one of the Genoa Lakes golf courses. Another friendly reminder: if you’ve taken the shuttle service between the Carson Valley Inn and the Candy Dance in the past remember that, as they posted last year, the Town of Genoa will no longer be operating this service. However, parking areas and driving routes are well-defined and can be found at this link.
Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day. We are taking it upon ourselves to declare this a three-day celebration, today through Friday! If you have ample time and an idle mind, a search of the Internet will turn up any number of sources claiming that pepperoni is the most popular topping on pizza. And we can think of no better place to enjoy a freshly-tossed, assembled-to-order and hot-from-the-custom-oven pizza than at Bodine’s Casino. Actor/Comedian Kevin James supposedly said, “There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Enjoy it fresh out of the oven at Bodines. Any leftovers, we’ll give you a box, take it home, have it for breakfast the next day!”
Monday is National Lobster Day and we’ll cut right to the chase on this one and recommend the Surf and Turf Dinner Special in CV Steak: a 6-ounce filet mignon paired with an 8-ounce lobster tail! This hearty special starts with a tableside tossed salad and also includes vegetable plus your choice of a twice-baked, au gratin or baked potato. Funny thing if you dig into the history of lobster and how it became such a delicacy: a railway started serving the meat as an exotic item to its unknowing passengers!
Football and Other Sports info
- Our Guys Picks: Collectively the guys had a pathetic week with Mike picking the only winner of six games. Mike’s 5 & 1 start proves it pays to work in the Sportsbook. This week he looks to pad the wallet with the OVER 52 in the Iowa – Penn St. game and Michigan St. +4½ at Notre Dame. Alan’s 4 & 2 record looks to improve with the Eagles – 6 against the Giants and Mississippi St. +5 at the Georgia Bulldogs. With an abysmal 1 & 5 record Greg proves to know nothing about sports wagering (Sales Department – figures) and will try to dig out of the hole with Duke – 2 ½ vs. UNC and the Raiders – 3 ½ at the Redskins.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $2,777 (lucky number for you?) this week. Play as many cards as you wish – just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- $160 Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – earn entries during life poker games.
- Place Your Bet: We are taking action on Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, NFL and College Football and the NASCAR ISM Connect 300 at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway this Sunday. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series, 2018 Super Bowl and 2018 NCAA Football Championship.
- Sports tickets can be cashed-in at Guest Services when the Sports Book is closed. Horse Race tickets can be cashed only when the Race and Sports Book is open. Winning sports bets placed at any of our three casinos (CVI, Bodines and Sharkey’s) can be cashed at any of the three locations.
- The Douglas High School Athletics Memorial Dinner will be held in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, September 30 from 4:30 PM to 7 PM. The event is sponsored by Block D, the DHS Athletic Department and the DHS All Sports Boosters and you can help raise money for DHS sports programs by purchasing the $25 tickets from members of any of these teams: Football, Cross Country, Tennis, Volleyball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer and Girls Golf.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Bill Wharton tonight, The Blues Monsters Thursday through Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and Steve Lord Tuesday and Wednesday. Local artist, Bill Wharton has a vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. The Blues Monsters, a popular red-hot rockin' blues band from the North Lake Tahoe and Reno areas, performs a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues. A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve Lord presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM every Thursday through September!
- 4X Points Friday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day every Friday through September!
- Friday Cash and Free Play Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play. Eight winners each drawing and one guaranteed $1,000 winner Friday night!
- Saturday All Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for cash on the spot. Eight winners each drawing and one guaranteed $1,000 winner Saturday night!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks; two boar shanks braised and slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!