Trace this Saturday: We’d love to announce we found a way of putting more tickets up for sale, but every seat and standing room ticket has been sold. There is a slight possibility that a few tickets could be turned back at the last moment and be available for purchase at Will Call on concert night . . . but no guarantees. Thanks to everyone involved in helping us notch yet another “sold out” hole in our 2018 concert belt!
Creedence August 12: From Have You Seen the Rain to Who’ll Stop the Rain you’ll hear all the hits when Creedence Clearwater Revival founding members and Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Stu Cook and Doug “Cosmo” Clifford lead Creedence Clearwater Revisited into TJ’s Corral on Sunday evening, August 12! Rooms are available that night in both our Hotel and Motor Lodge with rates starting at $99. Purchase concert tickets which allows you to view the seating layout map and select your seat. You can also buy tickets in person at the Hotel Front Desk. Reservations for the Hotel, Motor Lodge and RV Park can be made on our website or by calling 775-783-6629.
Tidbits from Ted Concert Last Wednesday: Great crowd quite patriotically garbed, patient with the extra screening procedures and definitely in the Independence Day spirit! As always, a captured-the-feel wrap-up by Tahoe Onstage! We learned that “Ted Talk” can mean more than just watching 18 minute videos on YouTube! No complaints from people in seats about having a hard time hearing because people were visiting in the standing areas! Lots of reminders about first and second amendment rights! The song Stranglehold is appropriately named because Ted had a stranglehold on the audience until he played this hit! Of the 1500 patriotic hats we gave out to concertgoers, not a one was left behind when we cleaned up! Ted definitely knew how to pronounce Nevada!
This Week in the Casino
- a Chocolate Shoppe Treat for the first 150 ladies (with more instant FreePlay winners inside) and All Wrapped Up Gift Baskets as
- Progressive Cash Giveaway Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM are for cash, FreePlay and chances for the Progressive Cash Giveaway Jackpot.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points on video reel slots and 3 Times Points on video poker slots all day Saturday . . . A great way to build up your point total to use for comps and other special benefits.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account with accompanying graphics and sounds announcing your amount!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet on today’s World Cup Soccer Semifinals Match between Croatia and England and this weekend’s finals. The Wimbledon Tennis Tournament matches are also available and the odds are up for the The Open (British Open Golf Tournament) on July 19 – 22. Wagers are also being taken on Major League Baseball, WNBA, NBA Summer League, Canadian Football League, the NASCAR Quaker State 400 at the Kentucky Speedway and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament!
From Muffins to Fritters!
- Today is Blueberry Muffin Day. We whip them up in our bakery and serve them daily in Job’s Perk and Katie’s.
- Friday is French Fries Day. Yep. Got ‘em in Katie’s and, so the story goes, you can get garlic fries by special request in CV Steak. And there is some irony that the next day, France plays in the World Cub finals, so let's call 'em “pommes frites” this year!
- Friday is also Kebab Day. With no respect as to whether it meets the strict definition of a “kebab,” our vote goes straight to the Seafood Brochette entrée in CV Steak: skewered salmon, swordfish, halibut, scallops and shrimp served with a chili lime cilantro glace!
- Saturday is Grand Marnier Day. With all due respect to the mixed drinks made with Grand Marnier, and also to the relaxing powers of a straight snifter after dinner, our focus is on the Grand Marnier Cheesecake dessert served only in CV Steak.
- Saturday is Pandemonium Day. Hope it doesn’t get quite to that level at the Trace Adkins Concert in TJ’s Saturday!
- Monday is Fresh Spinach Day. Everyone needs an occasional day to tone down the calorie intake so order the Spinach Salad in Katie’s: Fresh spinach tossed with hard-boiled egg, bacon, diced red onion, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and croutons served with raspberry vinaigrette! Want a little more protein? Add grilled chicken breast and you can still claim “I behaved today.”
- Monday is Corn Fritters Day. No, we don’t have corn fritters but we have our viable alternative for offsetting the fresh spinach salad you had earlier trying to be good: enjoy an Apple Fritter - available daily in Job’s Perk!
High Score or Low Score
We Offer It Both Ways!
- Looking to Shoot a Low Score? Then be sure to check out our Annual Mixed Scramble Golf Outing on the weekend after Labor Day. Whatever your level of golf talents, you’ll fit right in. A blind draw determines the teams for the Saturday tournament, you’re guaranteed to meet new friends who enjoy golf at some level, there are social functions on both Friday and Saturday nights and an optional practice round on Friday. This event is perfect for those who enjoy playing golf yet want the comfort of “acceptance” no matter what their level of play – either in general or on the particular day of this tournament. For more information, click here to see the flyer with all the details.
- Prefer to Aim for a High Score? Our Summer Fun Sporting Clays coming up on August 5 – 7 could be right up your alley! There’s an opening reception at the CVI on Sunday night, two days chasing clay targets (Walker River Resort and Carson Valley Clays) and a final-night dinner at JT Basque Restaurant & Bar. All the details are in the flyer at this link.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
RYE Brothers tonight through Saturday, John Palmore Sunday and Monday, and Jamie Rollins Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. The perfect cabaret lounge entertainment for Trace Adkins concert weekend! Musical director for the late "Louis Armstrong," John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other "name" artists. An upbeat and experienced entertainer, Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few his own songs.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!