Creedence Ticket Sales Robust
|Stu Cook and Doug "Cosmo" Clifford|
Not Your Usual Christmas in July Blurb
We’ve all seen them . . . The Christmas in July Celebration headline followed by some type of a sale or push to get you to do something that usually gets handled in December. This isn’t one of those situations. What we do suggest is that you give some thought to whether you’ll be trying to organize a Christmas Party for your company, association, club or other organization. When December rolls around, we turn on the Christmas flair for parties held here at the Carson Valley Inn. Our banquet rooms have Christmas trees, wreaths and other holiday touches. The linens are holiday colors . . . and there’s Christmas background music. We even have specially themed buffets during December with entrées and ingredients appropriate to the Christmas season. And if you’re holding your party here at the CVI, we offer your guests a special room rate on the night of your party so there is a safe haven for those who choose to imbibe. Sound like something you should be looking at now or that you anticipate getting tasked with at the last minute? Then “get on it” by calling Carrie at 775-783-6673. We have plenty of weeknight availability in December… unfortunately all the weekends are already booked. However, here’s a thought that started to catch on during the last two years: if you’d rather not try to work your Christmas party around all of the other business and family events of December, why not give a little broader definition to the event and plan a celebration dinner in early January when we do have some weekend availability.
Speaking of Christmas . . .
Unless you jumped onto Prime Day on Amazon.com earlier this week you probably haven’t even started, or even began thinking about, your Christmas shopping. That’s OK, and we’re not suggesting you start buying stuff now. We are planting this seed: when it does come time to start Christmas shopping, wouldn’t it be nice to have a small stash of money already set aside? A perfect way to start your “stash” is with a part-time job at the Carson Valley Inn. Perhaps you’re soon heading back to school and will be available afternoons or evenings? Perhaps your kids are heading back to school and you’ll be available during the day? Or, perhaps it’s just time to buckle down and “get a job!” Whatever your reasoning, please consider applying for one of these open positions at the CVI!
But It's Still July and It's Hot!
Are We the Best?
This Week in the Casino
- a Green Flower Night Lite for the first 150 ladies and Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as
- Progressive Cash Giveaway Friday and Saturday: Join us at 6, 7 and 8 PM when we hold drawings for cash, FreePlay and chances for the Progressive Cash Giveaway Jackpot.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: Inn Club members earn 4 Times Points on video reel slots and 3 Times Points on video poker slots all day Saturday - a great way to build up your point total to use for comps and other special benefits.
- FreePlay Bonus Up to $50 Monday: Use your card while playing and you’re the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn on Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account.
- Sports and Race Book: Del Mar Racetrack opens its Summer Season today and we welcome all the extra race enthusiasts who enjoy opening week by placing a wager or two at our Race and Sports Book! This week you can also bet The Open (British Open Golf Tournament), Major League Baseball, WNBA, Canadian Football League, the NASCAR Foxwoods Resort Casino 301 at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Horseracing at all the other tracks. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship and the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament! Not that we and many or our customers are anxious, but College Football starts on Saturday, August 25 and the first NFL Game is Thursday, September 6!
- Speaking of Horse Racing: Mike Pegram's colt Once On Whiskey won last Saturday's Grade 3 Los Alamitos Derby!
Hot Dogs, Tequila and Creme Brule!!
- Today is Hot Dog Day and July 26 (that's next Thursday) is Chili Dog Day. By our own admission, Job's Perk is not equipped to handle the talents and associated volume of Hot Dog Eating Champion Joey Chestnut! However, we do serve both Hot Dogs and Chili Dogs every day in "The Perk" and you can enjoy them as loaded or as simple as your appetite and tastes dictate!
- Thursday is Daiquiri Day. You can't think Daiquiri without thinking Rum; and you can't think Rum without thinking Jimmy Buffet; and you can't think Jimmy Buffet without thinking Margarita; so just skip down to Tequila Day below!
- Sunday is Crème Brule Day. Heavy cream, egg yolks, vanilla . . . all baked, topped with caramelized sugar and served warm. Now, hold that thought for the next time you want the perfect finale to a dinner in CV Steak!
- Tuesday is Tequila Day. Tequila comes in everything from the "best suited for blended drinks" to the "seriously, how much is one bottle!" and many in between. We've sat through presentations and tastings on the upper crusts of tequilas . . . but for today we suggest you just try whatever sounds appealing from this list of 35 Tequila Drinks More Exciting Than a Margarita! How many can the CVI bartenders make? Well, if you go there, please don't mention that you read about it in our blog . . . they all like us blog writers now and we'd like to keep it that way!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday its Rabbit Loin with white wine Dijon cream sauce and root vegetable puree for $25. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28.These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Jamie Rollins tonight, Just Us Thursday through Saturday, Steve Lord Sunday and Monday, and Chris Twomey Tuesday and Wednesday. An upbeat and experienced entertainer, Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few of his own songs. Just Us is a unique group of musicians who decided to blend together the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA to develop "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" sounds - music from the 60’s to the present. A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve Lord is a man of a thousand songs, presenting an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Chris Twomey has roots deep into a genre of folk-rock and his performances include From 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next!
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!