The Spinners Concert is this Saturday! Their Top-5 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 between 1972 and 1980 included "I'll Be Around", "Could It Be I'm Falling in Love?", "Then Came You", "Games People Play", "The Rubberband Man", and two medleys; "Working My Way Back to You" / "Forgive Me, Girl" and "Cupid" / "I've Loved for a Long Time." The Spinners have six Grammy nominations and have performed twice during the awards ceremony. Inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 1999, they have also been awarded the Rhythm and Blues Foundation Award for their contribution to the genre. The group has performed for presidents, received a star on the Hollywood “Walk of Fame,” and has appeared in numerous network and cable television specials paying tribute to the music of the 70’s. Today, this legendary R & B group maintains an active touring schedule, performing for fans of all ages and you can catch them live in TJ’s Corral this Saturday, July 8!
Our Remaining 2017 Concerts in TJ’s:
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28.
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18.
- Ronnie Milsap Concert on Saturday, August 26. This concert is a benefit for The Children’s Cabinet.
Shoot or Shot? We’ve Got Them Both!
- Shoot: just a month to go until our Summer Fun Clay Shoot coming up August 6 – 8. This one is laid-back and there’s a lot of good-natured ribbing that goes on during the two days of sporting clays shooting with 150 targets each day at the private Carson Valley Clays Club and the Walker River Resort course. The gathering also includes an opening night reception and a family-style dinner and storytelling at the J T Basque Bar & Dining Room. Check here for the pricing and other details and join us!
- Shot: We’re talking golf shots with our 2017 Mixed Scramble the second weekend in September. This one is also laid-back and fun for golfers of all levels. The Friday evening reception and blind draw starts quietly and builds to a roar as the teams are drawn, teammates meet each other and friendly bets are placed for the scramble on Saturday at the Genoa Lakes Ranch Course. An awards dinner wraps it up on Saturday night. Hope you can make it!
Celebrating Food at the CVI:
- Thursday is Fried Chicken Day. Our suggestion: skip the fried chicken on Thursday and wait for Sunday when we offer the Chandler’s Chicken Dinner Plate with mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw and a biscuit for just $5.99 in Katie’s. We still want you to come to Katie’s on Thursday and you can keep it in the same “food family” by enjoying the Turkey Dinner Plate – just $6.99 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. every Thursday in Katie’s. Just have to have fried chicken on a day other than Sunday? We have a Southern Fried Chicken Breasts (yep, there's two) Plate on the menu daily!
- Friday is Chocolate Day. Can’t participate Friday? No problem, an internet search will turn up a handful of other chocolate related days. If you like chocolate, we know you don’t really need a reason. If it’s available you’ll eat it! And we do have plenty of chocolate options here at the Carson Valley Inn. Our favorites: the full or mini Chocolate Fudge Cake sold at Katie’s bakery counter and anything chocolate related on the CV Steak Dessert Menu!
- Saturday is SCUD Day. We’re betting that over 90% of people who read this will either not know what it is or draw the wrong conclusions. Check it out! Oh, and this one is not food related . . . more life related. But if you follow the advice, you’ll no doubt be in a better frame of mind to enjoy one of the food items covered in this section!
- Saturday is National Chocolate with Almonds Day. Turns out none of our vast array of bakery products or desserts use the combination of chocolate and almonds. So, since we brought it up, we’re giving the staff in Job’s Perk a handful of chocolate bars with almonds and they are a gift from us for the first half-dozen folks who come in asking for one on Saturday. We hope you’ll buy something else while you’re in there, but it is certainly not required.
- Tuesday is Blueberry Muffin Day. We make them fresh in our bakery and you can buy them either in Job’s Perk or Katie’s.
|The Blues Monsters in the Cabaret Lounge|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Hans Eberbach tonight, The Blues Monsters Thursday thru Saturday, Paul Coverelli Sunday and Monday and Patrick Major Tuesday and Wednesday. The Blues Monsters is a popular red-hot rockin' blues band from the North Lake Tahoe and Reno area. The quartet performs a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues. Whether paying respects to the masters of traditional blues, or rockin' out other tunes, The Blues Monsters get the whole house up and dancing! Paul Coverelli displays exceptional versatility on hits from artists like The Beatles, Merle Haggard and Jimmy Buffet plus the sounds of jazz, blues and Latin. Paul tells us keyboardist Nancy Barker may be joining him for one or both of his nights. Patrick Major entertains with his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM. And here’s some good news: we’re continuing this popular giveaway on Thursdays through July!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play! More good news . . . this one also continues on Fridays through July.
- Friday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM for Cash & Free Play, up to $500!
- Saturday Independence Cash Giveaways: Drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM with the chance to win up to $10,000!
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: Signups at 5 PM, $25 Buy-in, tournament play starts at 6 PM. All Buyin and Rebys are distributed in cash prizes to the top three finishers.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the Major League Baseball, Horse Racing and the NASCAR Cup Series Quaker State 400 Presented by Advance Auto Parts at the Kentucky Speedway. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl. Not that we're getting anxious (OK, we are) or jittery, but the first NFL Game is only 9 weeks away . . . Chiefs vs. Patriots on Thursday, September 7!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Buffalo Short Ribs, American Bison short ribs braised and slow cooked in natural pan sauce for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!