|MMA Ring - Viewing is Even Easier Outside!|
MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Saturday in TJ’s Corral
Over a dozen bouts are scheduled this Saturday with MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) and Muay Thai (Thai boxing) all on the card. The doors open 7 PM and the first bout starts at 8 PM. Dave Price of the Record Courier delved into the story again this past Sunday and he ties in George Foreman fighting at Caesar’s Tahoe in 1990 at the age of 41 with how local 5-foot-8 heavyweight J.D Adie will turn 40 seven days after his fight. Adie, known in the ring as "Wrecking Ball," will donate his ticket sales to local families fighting cancer. Long-time WFC Announcer and northern Nevada emcee and showman Dreu Muren will explain each bout before it starts. Click here for more tickets and more information.
The CVI's Joey Whitacre Talks About Saturday's MMA Event and Upcoming Concerts on Tahoe Tonight with Kristen FerrallThe Spinners Concert on Saturday July 8: Henry Fambrough and four friends from a Detroit suburb started a band in 1954 and for five years, it was called the Domingoes. When they decided to rename the band, each member presented a suggestion. Bobby Smith, who restored cars as a hobby, came up with The Spinners, named for a Cadillac hubcap. The name stuck and the group went on to become a leading Motown sound of the seventies. Still performing with the group, Fambrough was recently interviewed by our friends at Tahoe Onstage and he discusses the old Apollo Theatre, scoring their first #1 Hit with Dionne Warwick, his “The Spinners Concert hits the TJ’s Corral stage at 8 PM next Saturday, July 8 and tickets start at $39.
Ticket Situation on the Other Upcoming Concerts in TJ’s:
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28. We’re not fans of “Hurry and get your tickets before they’re all gone” or other alarmist headlines. You've see the large crowds for some of the concerts in TJ's Corral. The Marshall Tucker Band Concert has less than 250 tickets left to sell. Draw your own conclusions!
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18. This one’s now seven weeks away and when it starts getting “close” on tickets, we’ll come up with something clever to say.
- Ronnie Milsap Concert on Saturday, August 26. At noon today, somehow magically, there will appear a link on the Ronnie Milsap Concert page that takes you to our ticket terms and then the ability to buy tickets for this concert. Have at it (starting at noon)! And when this one gets close, we’ll probably come up with some type of “play” on his hit "I Wouldn't Have Missed It for the World." One important item we missed in announcing this concert last week, this concert is a benefit for The Children’s Cabinet.
|Donate Blood Here at CVI Today!|
It’s not too late to donate blood today at the United Blood Services Northern NevadaAll American Blood Drive in our west lot . . . that’s right along Hwy 395 near our big electronic sign. The bloodmobiles will be here from 10 AM to 6 PM and by donating today
|CVI's Greg Enholm, PGA Making Starting Announcements |
at 2016 CVI Mixed Scramble
Our 2017 Mixed Scramble is the second weekend in September . . . that’s just ten weeks away and now is the time to “sign up!” It’s definitely a Golf Party Weekend with a Friday evening reception and blind draw, a player-friendly scramble on Saturday at the Genoa Lakes Ranch Course and an awards dinner on Saturday night with prizes and often a few surprises! Please tell your friends, golfing associates, members of the golf clubs to which you belong, your club champion . . . plus your in-laws, bookie, ex-spouse, and hair stylist (they really have a knack for spreading the word)! The more people who participate, the bigger the prize pool and the higher the level of fun, laughter and camaraderie. Hope you can make it!
|Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge|
Steve Lord tonight, The VooDoo Cowboys, Thursday thru Saturday, Hans Eberbach Sunday through Wednesday. Playing together since 2009, the Voodoo Cowboys have appeared at most major casino venues in Nevada. They are the life of the party with their dance-inducing, hard drivin' style whether playing country music (and not the cryin' in your beer stuff) or an impressive selection of classic rock ‘n’ roll. The group has rocked crowds around the world and has shared stages with such rock and country stars as David Nail, Little Texas, Ron Keel, Toby Keith and many more. Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach has released a solo album, “Up Is The Only Way Out” and he also sings for Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS representing his original singer-songwriter-electronic soul work.
In the Casino
- for the first 150 ladies, Shelly's Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and last chance to earn entries for tonight’s drawings for a Coach Handbag and Wallet Set.
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM. And here’s some good news: we’re continuing this popular giveaway on Thursdays through July!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play! More good news . . . this one also continues on Friday’s through July.
- Friday Cash Blast Giveaways of cash, free play, food and free concert tickets – drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM.
- Monthly Ladies’ Poker Tournament Sunday: Our Monthly Ladies-Only Poker Tournament is this Sunday with free brush-up lessons at 3 PM and the tournament starting at 4 PM. Check with the Poker Room staff for more details and read up on all
- Your Rewards Monday: There’s a different reward ready for INN Club members every Monday in July. Simply swipe your player card at the casino kiosk on Mondays in July to see what you won!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the Major League Baseball, Horse Racing, Canadian Football and the NASCAR Cup Series Coke Zero 400 at the Daytona International Speedway. Futures on the board include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Rack of Venison with cherry demi brandy for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with a fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!