Break in the Concert Series – Don’t Fight It!
We have a temporary break in the concert series until The Spinners Concert on Saturday July 8 . . . So time to talk more about the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) event coming up in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, July 1! While many of the bouts are MMA, two other disciplines will also be on display, BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Why this unusual event in the Carson Valley? Turns out there are a number of local (Carson Valley and Carson City) residents who are into one of these disciplines and a few of them will be on the card and in the octagon in TJ’s Corral. David Park (pictured) is certainly a well-known name in Carson Valley and we were surprised when we found out he is competing. Also on the card are Carson Valley residents JD Adie, JD Allbright and others. For The Record Courier’s article on the event, click here. Interested in attending? Click here for more information and tickets.
And Still to Come in TJ’s with tickets available on our web site:
- The Spinners Concert on Saturday July 8.
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28.
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18.
But Wait – There’s One More Concert!
Just yesterday we finalized a Ronnie Milsap Concert for TJ’s Corral on Saturday, August 26! A 2014 Country Music Hall of Fame inductee, Ronnie Milsap was one of country music's most popular and influential performers of the 1970s and 1980s. Milsap was know for his "crossover" hits which incorporated elements of pop, R&B and rock and roll. Among them: "It Was Almost Like a Song", "Smoky Mountain Rain", "(There's) No Gettin' Over Me", "I Wouldn't Have Missed It for the World", "Any Day Now" and "Stranger in My House." With his hand in six Grammy Awards and forty No. 1 country hits he will be a welcome addition to our 2017 concert lineup and we’ll have more information next week.
Donate Blood Next Wednesday and You Might Just Win a Harley!
Kudos to the folks at United Blood Services Northern NevadaAnnual All American Blood Drive at the CVI next Wednesday, June 28 is one of those opportunities and we suggest you get on the schedule now.All American Blood Drive a success!
Put Me In Coach!
" Put Me In Coach!" Every kid who has played any sport has either said or heard these words. It's what every kid wants – to get put in the game. Over 150 kids got "put in" last Friday when coach Mike Tice, a good friend of CVI owner Mike Pegram, brought his friends to town for the 7th Annual Mike Tice Charity Golf Tournament. Some of these 100+ folks just happened to include most of the coaching staff from the Oakland Raiders including head coach Jack del Rio. Although primarily in town for a social golf weekend, the coaches headed out to the Boys and Girls Club at Pau Wa Lu Middle School on Friday. All the kids got new athletic shoes courtesy coach Mice Tice and Under Armor. You might have also seen the T-shirts they all received when many of these kids were running around at the Concert in the Park last Friday. The entire weekend raised over ¼ million dollars for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada Carson Valley Branch (watch for the exact figure to be released by the Boys and Girls Club this week). But for those 150+ kids who were there last Friday, the memory will be much bigger: for that one afternoon, they got "put in" by an NFL coach . . . Something they will never forget!
Two Pertinent Points:
- Today is National Selfie Day, the first day of summer and the longest day of the year. Take a selfie of yourself, tag the Carson Valley Inn on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and call it a (long) day!
- Yesterday was National Hike with a Geek Day and we have a very specific reason for bringing this up: yesterday we actually posted a position for an IT Technician and, somewhat ironically, three quarters of the people who currently work in our IT Department are active backpackers and hikers! So if you know anyone who’s a good IT technician, whether they like hiking or not, have them check out the posting on our employment page. As the saying goes, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist as we also have plenty of other positions available here at the CVI.
|Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge|
Steve Lord tonight, The Kid and Nic Show, Thursday thru Saturday, John Palmore Sunday and Monday and Adam Donald Tuesday and Wednesday. A guitarist with dynamic vocals, Steve Lord is a main stage West Coast performer. A man of a thousand songs, Steve presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Kirk and Nicole Tracy have been performing together since 1977. Their Kid and Nic Show keeps the crowd dancing, singing and laughing along as they perform pop, rock, dance, oldies, current and classic country, 80's hits, Latin, funk, swing, blues, jazz and reggae. The show also features some fun "theme" medleys of songs from movies such as Grease, The Blues Brothers and Animal House. Musical director for the late "Louis Armstrong," John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other "name" artists.
In the Casino
- for the first 150 ladies, Costco Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and chances to earn entries for the June 28 drawings for a Coach Handbag and Wallet Set.
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- Friday Cash Blast Giveaways of cash, free play, food and free concert tickets – drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM.
- Saturday Cash Blast Giveaways at 6, 8 & 10 PM with the chance to win up to $10,000!
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the Major League Baseball, Horse Racing and the NASCAR Cup Series Toyota/Save Mart 350 at the Sonoma Raceway. Futures include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks, two boar shanks braised and slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!