Last Friday’s Kenny Loggins Concert:
Incredible . . . for a number of reasons. Kenny could not have been more audience friendly . . . He even wandered down one of the aisles while singing and many up-close pictures were snapped by at first startled, but pleasantly surprised fans. The atmosphere was reminiscent of Cheers as so many in the audience seemed to know so many other people’s names . . . and what positive comments from those enjoying their first concert at TJ’s Corral. The evening was captured in this review from our friends at Tahoe OnStage. We could go on, but that’s looking backwards. So, looking forward to this Friday’s concert . . .
This Will Inspire You To Never Give Up: “Never let someone discourage you from chasing your dreams. Let their doubt fuel your fire.” This is from a flash card that Aaron Watson shows in the above video which plays to the background of a medley of many of his songs. It’s the story of a country singer who was told he’d never make it by an industry that now supports him. He is an inspiring artist who understands the importance of his fans and you’ll get to hear him along with Clare Dunn this Friday in TJ’s Corral. Click here for more information and tickets.
|How Far Away From the Stage Will I Be?|
And Still to Come in TJ’s with tickets available on our web site:
- Today is World Blood Donor Day: Since it’s probably already too late for you to schedule a donation today, here’s an idea: United Blood Service’s Annual All American Blood Drive at the CVI is Wednesday, June 28 and you can get on the schedule now.
- Thursday is the second 2017 Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk in Gardnerville. This month it’s a “Western Theme” so be sure to swing through Sharkey’s Casino for a stop at the Silver Dollar Bar as you stroll around town sipping and chatting on what is forecast to be a most pleasant evening for just about any outdoor mingling!
|Touchdown at Topaz|
|June 14 - Flag Day|
Commemorating the adoption of the flag of the United States on June 14, 1777
|Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge|
Chris Twomey tonight, Justin Lee Band Thursday thru Sunday, Cliff & Dave Monday and Tuesday. Chris Twomey has been writing and playing music around the country since 2003. Born and raised in the Sacramento valley, his roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock. From 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next. Justin Lee is the west coast’s answer to new country music. With roots in small town Yerington, Nevada, Justin Lee is bringing a new level of excitement to country as we know it. Justin opened for Mark Chesnutt in October of 2014 at We Dig Mining, a fundraiser to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nevada. A Night In The Country – Nevada’s largest country music festival – featured Justin on the main stage prior to The Band Perry in 2015. Cliff and Dave are powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry. Often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread, the duo provides an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll,
- Free Chocolate Shoppe Gift for the first 150 ladies, Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and chances to earn entries for the June 28 drawings for a Coach Handbag and Wallet Set.
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- Friday Cash Blast Giveaways of cash, free play, food and free concert tickets – drawings at 6, 8 & 10 PM.
- Saturday Cash Blast Giveaways at 6, 8 & 10 PM with the chance to win up to $10,000!
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the The US Open Golf Tournament (do you think Phil will make it?), the College World Series, Major League Baseball, Horse Racing and the NASCAR Cup Series FireKeepers Casino 400 at the Michigan International Speedway. Futures include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Elk Tenderloin Filets – grilled elk medallions with a brandy cherry demi for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!