Dining Show & Sam Shad: We managed to snag the Carson Valley Inn segment of The Dining Show that was recorded here last week. There are plenty of mouth-watering food shots, a short "tutorial" on how CV Steak Sous Chef Patrick Pierce makes the Coquille St. Jacques, another non-scene-hogging performance by our own Joey Whitacre and – well, somehow "they" rewound time and put Sam Shad on stage with the Oak Ridge Boys in TJ's Corral! The show will start airing fairly soon on KRNV (CH. 4) every other Friday at 12.30 pm and on Charter Cable (Ch. 190) in northern Nevada over 20 times a week.
Best Soaring in the West Takes Off Just 8 Minutes from CVI!
Many of our readers know that the Carson Valley area is one of the very best soaring locations in the US and even in the world. We've seen visitors at the CVI from just about every state and dozens of countries who come to Minden just for the world-class soaring. Last week, the Carson Valley Visitors Authority posted their latest video featuring the Terri Arnold – the Carson Valley Rider. You may remember her exploits with Elvis here at the Carson Valley Inn last February? This time she's up in a glider (no, the horse didn't fly) and the scenery is spectacular. Thanks to Soaring NV for making this video possible - and for sending so many out-of-town guests our way!
Free In Our Cabaret Lounge This Weekend:
- Decades entertains on Thursday and Friday. This young and energetic group presents a vibrant and diverse act from Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" to Katy Perry’s “California Girls" (big gap, huh!) Decades' 4 part harmonies and energized rhythm section truly shine when playing hits from the 1950's to today.
- Petty Theft – A Tribute to Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers takes the stage on Saturday night. Come on down and enjoy Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around (sung in the video above by Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks – a definite rock classic and we'll bet you'll be humming it the rest of the day!) , Refugee, Free Fallin', American Girl, Don’t Do Me Like That, I Won't Back Down and many more. It's free in our Cabaret Lounge this Saturday night!
- The Chris Young Concert on Saturday August 2 has sold well past the halfway point – don't miss out!
- The Austinpalooza to benefit Austin’s House on Saturday, August 16 had a slight adjustment and we are now offering a total of five bands including Lee Rocker, formerly of The Stray Cats, as the headliner.
- The Charlie Daniels Band Concert on August Friday, 29 is basically sold out with a couple of handfuls of tickets remaining. If you missed out, check back as we may put some "Standing Room Only" tickets on sale – and, as we have said in the past, this is somewhat of a misnomer because you can bring a blanket and sit on the grass area.
American Century Celebrity Golf this Weekend: With over 100 golf groups headquartering at the Carson Valley Inn each year it's only fitting that we put in this reminder about the 25th annual American Century Championship this Friday through Sunday at the majestic Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course. While some of sports' and entertainment's greatest celebrities will be playing this week, you and your golf group can enjoy Edgewood Tahoe, too . . . it's one of the 13 Area Courses we offer in our group golf packages. And for smaller groups of 4 – 8 golfers, we have a special Clear-Edge Golf Package featuring a round each at Edgewood Tahoe and the private Clearcreek Golf Course.
As Always, Interesting and/or Helpful Tidbits and News:
- Mike's Horses: Didn't hear of any running this weekend – but there will definitely be some activity in the next couple of weeks as Del Mar revs up its summer run.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is a Game Mix Grill with marinated Buffalo and Elk medallions, Venison and Rabbit Sausage and finished with a Brandy Cherry Demi-Glace. As always: served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $29.00!
- Reminder Regarding 8-10-84: Were you at the Carson Valley Inn on August 10, 1984? If so, get in touch with us and tell us your story!
Get In Touch With Us: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!