- The Chris Young Concert on Saturday August 2 will definitely sell out. So, if you are planning to attend, please don't wait until the last minute 'cause you might just be saying "Aw Naw!" and miss hearing Chris sing that and his other hits!
- To our friends in the Calaveras County area: If you absolutely, positively cannot visit the Carson Valley Inn this weekend, you can catch Lavish Green at the Mountain Vibe Music Gathering in Wilseyville, CA this Saturday . . . then be sure to come to The Austinpalooza benefitting Austin’s House here at the CVI on Saturday, August 16 and see them again along with four other bands including The Stray Cat, Lee Rocker.
- All seating for the Charlie Daniels Band Concert on Friday, August 29 is Sold Out and we have
some "Standing Room Only" tickets on sale for $35. Bring a blanket and sit on the grass area –
still a great view of the stage and the surrounding Sierra and Pinenut ranges.
Nevada DMV Dash-Pass system last week and it works great! In simple terms: you "get in line" from anywhere by text, phone call or on their web site. You then go about your business until the system tells you to head over to the DMV office. And if you're on a hot slot machine here at the CVI or at our sister property Bodine's Casino in Carson City (just 5 minutes from DMV in Carson City), you can easily text back asking for more time without going to the back of the line! It's a Win-Win!
Like Who? You may have seen his wording on the marquee sign outside our Motor Lodge over the past few weeks? Thought we should "pay off" the claim and share these few tidbits: Cliff Robertson stayed at the CVI the very first week the hotel opened in 1984 while here for soaring lessons. There was only one floor of rooms completed at the time and, after one or two nights, he moved to David Walleys because of the construction noise above! Cloris Leachman and Dick Clark have also stayed with us . . . and so did Tiger Woods in the nineties when he participated in an American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) tournament. Fred Savage and his family stayed at the CVI in the late 1980s when some scenes from The Wizard were filmed on Esmeralda Street in Minden. Also in that film were Luke Edwards, Jenny Lewis and a young and then-unknown actor Tobey Maguire.
You Had a Drink Where?
Many folks share libations in our Cabaret Lounge, at our Casino Bar and at the CV Steak Bar. All three locations are regular gathering places for locals and hotel guests. But we are not naïve - we know that you are patronizing other area pubs. And it's no secret that one of the stops between the Carson Valley Inn and the Genoa Lakes Golf Courses or David Walley's Hot Springs & Spa is at the Genoa Bar - a well-known and oft-visited part of Nevada's history. Our friends at Getaway Reno Tahoe put together a short video on the Genoa Bar and we are pleased to share it above! Be sure to tell 'em the CVI sent you and we'll see you when you return!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Occasionally Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Mike's Horses: When we were putting the final touches on this blog on Tuesday evening, word was that Brannaman and/or Global Hottie might be running this weekend at Del Mar.
- In the Cabaret This Weekend: Just Us performs Thursday through Saturday nights with their unique blend of the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA . . . "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" music from the 60’s to the present.
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with Prosciutto, Wild Rice and Plum Port glaze - served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $27.00!
- I Work at the CVI! Those words always bring a look of envy because . . . the CVI is a great place to work! We do have some openings!
- Coming in Next Week's Blog: A listing of select August area special events and info on our August Casino promotions.
Get In Touch With Us: Use the comments section below, shoot us an email message or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!