This Week at the Inn:
- Please Give Blood Today: United Blood Services is holding their annual All-American Blood Drive from noon to 6 p.m. in our parking lot. Look for the big Bloodmobile and stop by to donate!
- See Willie Thursday: Roger Hegyi as “True Willie”
pays tribute to the life and music of one
Roger Hegyi as “True Willie”
- Tanya Tucker Concert Friday: How many of Tanya Tucker's ten #1 hits can you name? And with 41 top-10 hits in her career, how many do you think she'll perform at her concert in TJs Corral Friday night? The best way to find out is by snapping up some of the few remaining tickets and joining us this Friday with the doors opening at 7:15 p.m. and the show starting at 8 p.m. It's just $39 to see this incredible country legend who blazed the trail for the many female country stars who followed.
- New July Poker Promos Start Saturday: A $2-$6 Pineapple game spreads Saturday starting at 12:30 p.m., there's a reduced rake and free bar basket for those participating in the Saturday no-limit Texas hold 'em game starting at 6 p.m., and a "high hand spins the wheel" promo runs for a few hours on Saturday afternoons.
- Ladies Only Poker Tournament Sunday: The action starts at 4 p.m. and this one is a party as much as a tournament!
- Multiply Your Points Monday: it's 5X Points on video reels and 3X Points on video poker all day every Monday in July. There's no fine print on this one – earn as many points as you can at these incredible multipliers.
- Eat Chocolate on Tuesday: Here's the deal – Tuesday is Chocolate Day. We offer a multitude of ways to celebrate so take your pick or try them all . . . a chocolate-topped Long John in Job's Perk, a Chocolate Fudge Cake (full or mini) at the Katie's bakery counter, the Stuffed Fudge Brownie in Katie's or the CV Steak Chocolate Mousse!
|Jessica as Vanna White|
The Penny Progressive Jackpot in our casino is now over $60,000. You know what that means: Play will increase even more, the Jackpot will go up faster, and pretty darn soon someone will win enough money to buy a brand-new vehicle - or a couple of brand new vehicles depending on your tastes! As a reminder, this Jackpot is not part of one of those statewide progressive jackpots that could "hit" anywhere. It will be paid right here at the Carson Valley Inn. While we are on the subject, the Dollar Progressive at the CV Steak Bar is now over $5,300. Not a bad bet when you can find a seat . . . the word must already be out!
Best of Nevada – Again! We did it again – the Carson Valley Inn was voted Best Casino by the readers of Nevada Magazine in the "Everywhere Else" category. Sounds like a catchall category at first, so we did a little research. Seems there are 325 casinos in the state of Nevada with unrestricted gaming licenses. About half are in the greater Las Vegas area and about 40 are in the greater Reno/Sparks area - each of these two areas had their own winner. That left over 100 other casinos throughout the state and that's the category in which we were named "Best of Nevada" for the second-year in a row. We consider this an honor and will continue to strive to provide the services, facilities and ambiance that will keep us pointed us in the direction of a three peat!
- 38 Special Concert on Thursday, July 23: This special evening of classic southern rock is just three weeks away . . . don't miss out!
- Moe Bandy & TG Sheppard Concert Tickets Available Today! Moe Bandy and TG Sheppard were here within a few months of each other in late 2013 and early 2014 and both of these performers sold out their Valley Ballroom concerts. So, on August 8 we're bringing them together in the much larger TJ's Corral for a special night featuring both artists! Tickets go on sale today at 11 a.m. - just $29!
There are lots of Independence Day activities going on in and around the Carson Valley this weekend. Can't list them all without getting the blog cops to go on "tilt," but here are two for Saturday, July 4:
- In the morning, we invite our Sharkey's neighbors to stop by Heritage Park (right across Hwy 395 from Sharkey's) for the Town of Gardnerville's Celebration which includes a fun run, Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast and obstacle course of the kids.
- Mid-morning and early afternoon, we invite our CVI neighbors to stop by Minden Park (just 2 blocks from the CVI) for the Town of Minden's Celebration which includes DJ music plus water games and free balloons and bounces houses for the kids. Food? Try free apple pie, free popsicles and, courtesy of the CVI, free hot dogs and hamburgers while they last!
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Hey, Where'd My Horse Go? Over two dozen Horseless Carriage Club vehicles will continue to tie to the hitchin' post in our parking lot through tomorrow - a great way to experience the history of these pioneer gas, steam and electric motor vehicles built or manufactured prior to January 1, 1916.
- Pink Snow? Seriously? We didn't know about this one until we stumbled across it on the Internet a week or so ago. It turns out that there's such a thing called Watermelon Snow, and, if you believe everything you read on the Internet, it apparently can be found somewhere nearby on the Western slope (that's California side) of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. How does it all work? What's it mean? Just check out this short video we found on weather.com.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the first piece in a 5-piece condiment set – we're giving away a different item each Wednesday! Also enjoy hot seat drawings for Independence Day Chocolate Shoppe Baskets, ladies-only drink specials and more.
- Elk Tenderloin Friday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi served with fresh vegetable, choice of potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked) and tableside tossed salad all for $30. Sundays in CV Steak we feature one pound of King Crab Legs for $32 and that also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Greg Austin is here tonight, True Willie is a tribute to the life and music of Willie Nelson Thursday, The Blues Monsters entertain Friday and Saturday and George Pickard appears Sunday through Wednesday nights. You can also watch and bet Major League Baseball games, NASCAR and horseracing!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!