More entertainment news: Also coming up in TJ's Corral is the Moe Bandy & TG Sheppard Concert on Saturday, August 8; the Austinpalooza on Friday, September 11 and the Lee Brice Concert on Friday, September 18. The bands are set for Austinpalooza and they will include Moe Beach Band, TED, Seymour’s Trick Bag and Lavish Green. We hope to have more information on the Austinpalooza and the Lee Brice Concert on our website very soon. We are also working on our 31st Birthday Party on August 15th which will include a free concert by the Davisson Brothers Band whose June appearance in TJ's Corral was one of most energetic nights we've had!
|Misty Blues All-Female Parachute Team|
Aviation Roundup Just 4 Weeks Away! The Carson Valley skies will be filled with roaring jets, flag-flying skydivers and lots of other aerobatic aircraft when the Carson Valley Aviation Roundup hits the Minden-Tahoe Airport on Saturday and Sunday, August 22 and 23. The Misty Blues all-female skydiving team will open the ceremonies each day. The daily aerobatics feature Matt Younkin in a Beech 18, Dan Buchanan stretching the aerobatic limits of a hang glider, Eric Hansen and Ken Fowler in the Team Rocket formation aerobatics, Manfred Radius doing sailplane aerobatics, Kyle Franklin's special brand of airplane entertainment and Bill Stein in his Edge 540. And what better finale to any air show then a dramatic 45-minute performance by the USAF Thunderbirds. There are also civilian and military aircraft static displays, plenty of food and beverage and acres of free parking. Tickets are on sale at aviationroundup.com where you'll also find much more information. The Carson Valley Inn is proud to be the host hotel and a major sponsor of the Carson Valley Aviation Roundup.
Horses and Other Sports:
- Win, Place and Show . . . Mike's horses produced one of each on the opening weekend of the summer meet at Del Mar. Pretty N Cool brought home a win in the 6th race and Air Pocket took second in 10th race on Sunday. Toews On Ice came in third in the 3rd race on Saturday.
- Wanna Bet? In addition to betting Horseracing, Major League Baseball games and this weekend's NASCAR Crown Royal 400 at Indianapolis Speedway, we're also taking futures action on who will win the World Series (4 teams at 5 to 1), NCAA Football Championship (Ohio State the favorite at 3 to 1), NCAA Basketball Championship (both Virginia and Kansas are 9 to 1 favorites) and the Super Bowl (yep, the Seahawks at 5 to 1). And get this: just 7 weeks until the opening NFL games and less than three weeks 'til the Hall of Fame Game!!
Is a New Tesla in Your Future? How would you like to own and drive Tesla's new dual-motor Model S 70D with all-wheel-drive, 514 horsepower, a 70 KW-Hour battery and a 240 mile driving range, and a 0-60 acceleration time of 5.2 seconds? Sound like a dream that just won't happen to you? Well, consider this: The Penny Progressive Jackpot at the Carson Valley Inn spun past $91,000 early today. While we don't know who will win it or when it will "hit," we do know that it will be paid here at the Carson Valley Inn! And whoever captures this Jackpot will have enough money to pay their taxes and buy a Tesla Model S 70D! One more thing for certain: you can't win the jackpot if you're not playing one of the Penny Progressive machines!
Clay Shooting Event in February: The details are all set and information is online for our 30th Annual Shooting Outing February 18 – 20, 2016. If last year's surge in attendance is any indication, we could reach sellout capacity for this coming February's event. So, get in early if you plan to attend, spread the word to any Clay shooting friends and stand by for a full weekend with an arrival reception on Thursday, two days of Clay shooting and a gala banquet on Saturday night.
$80,000 Guaranteed Giveaway Promotion Drawings Continue! Player club members have started to pocket portions of the $80,000 Guaranteed Cash and FreePlay we are giving away through August 29 so don't miss out on your share. You earn a drawing ticket for every five points you accumulate using your player card and drawings are every Friday and Saturday at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. Check this page for more on this and our other current casino promotions.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Nice Place to Visit, I'd Like to Work There: Our current job openings list has been updated and the details are on this page on ourwebsite or call our Job Hotline at 775-782-9711, #3.
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the fourth piece in the July condiment set – get a different item each Wednesday! Also enjoy hot seat drawings for floral arrangements from Intimate Designs Floral, ladies-only drink specials and more.
- Venison Friday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi served with fresh vegetable, choice of potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked) and tableside tossed salad all for $32.00. Sundays in CV Steak we feature one pound of King Crab Legs for $32 and that also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Cabaret Lounge: Steve Lord is here tonight, Atomika entertains Thursday thru Saturday nights and Jonny Smokes brings his incredible one-man-band talents back to the Cabaret lounge Sunday through Wednesday.
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It: This Thursday is Hotdog Day and we make it easy for you to celebrate – just slip into Job's Perk and order one with or without chili! Friday is Tequila Day and you can grab a margarita or shooter at either the Casino Bar or CV Steak Bar. Monday is both Walk on Stilts Day and Take Your Houseplant for a Walk Day. We only point this out because we want to make sure that our customers avoid doing both at the same time!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!