It’s been a little over eight years since the early-morning (12:01 AM !) purchase of the Carson Valley Inn by Mike Pegram and his partners in January of 2010. The semi-trucks were poised outside the casino entrance and immediately old slots hauled away by one crew while another crew began the demolition of the tired and worn casino. To put it in a term that aligns with one of Mike’s other passions: “the race was on” for the first step – the total refurbishment of the casino. Over the next few months, our new casino sprang to life, CV Steak opened and we looked up long enough to have a Grand Reopening. That was eight years ago this spring so we're celebrating this weekend with some anniversary fun.
The celebration starts Friday with cash and freeplay for you in more of our April Anniversary Drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM when you can win up to $15,000! On Saturday, Inn Club members Earn Five Times Points on all slot/video play and everyone is invited for Free Cake and Champagne in the casino from 1 to 2 PM and again from 7 to 8 PM. We’ll also be handing out Free 8th Anniversary T-Shirts at random times throughout the day on Saturday. We wrap it up all day Sunday when INN Club members earn 3X Points on Video Poker and 5X Points on our many remaining video slots.
3 Dining Options – and a Weekend Hotel Package
Mother’s Day 2018 at the CVI
- Champagne Brunch in the Valley Ballroom: A wow experience served from 10 AM to 2 PM with each party having your own table. Start with flowers on the tables and the Champagne flowing . . . and enjoy a variety of upscale entrees from Seafood Crepes to Steak Diane, Smoked Salmon to Oysters on the Half Shell, Made-To-Order Omelet Station, Carving Station, Dessert Station and an assortment of additional breakfast and lunch accompaniments. So check out the menu and make your reservations now by calling our special Mother’s Day Brunch reservations line at 775-783-7768.
- Dinner Specials in CV Steak: Join us for Mother’s Day Dinner starting at 4:30 PM with the regular CV Steak menu offerings plus two Mother’s Day Specials, Beef Wellington or Seafood Bordelaise. Details on the specials are on this page and reservations are strongly suggested at 775-783-6650.
- Mother’s Day Specials in Katie’s: In addition to all regular menu items on Mother’s Day, Katie’s is also serving a Seafood Omelet from 7 to 11 AM and Grilled Salmon Oscar from 11 AM until 9 PM. Get the details on this page.
- Mother’s Day Weekend Hotel Package: join us for two nights over Mother’s Day Weekend and receive $80 in Dining Credit for use in CV Steak, Katie’s or the Valley Ballroom Champagne Brunch. Get all the details on our website and be sure to book the Mother’s Day Package.
|This Ain't No Barbershop Quartet!|
A Country Quartet!
Today is Barbershop Quartet Day. We couldn’t find a direct tie to the CVI so we came up with Country Quartet as depicted in the image above! For information and tickets on the concerts by each of our quartet of 2018 country artists – Clint Black, Travis Tritt, Granger Smith and Trace Adkins – plus our other 2018 concerts in TJ's Corral, Click Here. Your best and fastest bet for purchasing tickets is through our website which allows you to see the seating layout map and pick your seat(s) for one or more concerts in one transaction. You can also purchase tickets in person at our Hotel Desk. Important Update: Please don't wait too long to buy tickets . . . two of these country concerts are already well over half sold out and we don't want you to miss out!
Apparently Not Just For Men!
Apparently Not Just For Men!
It All Started when James Hill visited the CVI last month and it continued last week when he posted this story on Mantripping.com which leads with these words: “If you are planning a guys weekend getaway to explore Carson Valley, Nevada I can't think of a more perfect basecamp than the Carson Valley Inn and Casino. The prices are low, atmosphere is fun, friendly and it is perfectly located to explore all that the area has to offer.” Mantripping.com then put the story on Facebook and naturally we shared it on our Facebook page. And wadda ya know, the most “we couldn’t write it better ourselves” comment comes from not a guy, but a female named Elizabeth who wrote, “I really like Carson Valley Inn. I reside in the central valley of California . . . my husband and I take a trip once a year to Minden to visit relatives . . . our favorite place to stay a few days . . . we visit during the day but evenings are ours at the casino . . . the restaurant serves delicious and plentiful food especially breakfast . . . the indoor pool is terrific and we take advantage of it, the rooms are spacious . . . I could go on and on but go find out for yourselves and I guarantee that you'll return again and again.” So, whether you’re man tripping, woman tripping or couple tripping we hope you head our way!
Tomorrow is Grilled Cheese Day. We checked our tattered copy of the Katie’s menu we keep down in the blog writers cave and didn’t see grilled cheese listed so we ventured up to Katie's. We asked the first server we saw, Tiffany, “what would you say if I asked to order a grilled cheese sandwich right now?” Her answer was deliberate and delivered looking us right in the eye while blocking any escape: “I’d say what kind of bread and what kind of cheese?!” So, even though you don’t see a grilled cheese sandwich on the Katie’s menu, don’t hesitate to order one tomorrow or any day! Friday is Blame Someone Else Day - don’t come looking for us if you order a grilled cheese sandwich on Thursday and happen to run into someone other than Tiffany (we’re kidding!)
In the Casino
- Hot Seats Wednesday: Use your Inn Club card while playing in the casino and qualify for our hot seat drawings from 11 AM to 4 PM . . . win up to $500!
- Free Bingo Thursday: Free bingo game on the hour from 11 AM to 7 PM with cash and free play prizes. Be sure to use your Inn Club card while playing in the casino to qualify.
- Cash & Freeplay Drawings Friday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for the drawings for cash and freeplay as we celebrate our 8th Anniversary during the month! You’re earning one free entry into the Friday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- 5X Points Saturday: Inn Club members earn 5X Points all day every Saturday in April!
- 8th Anniversary Fun Saturday and Sunday: See the article above.
- Free Gift Mondays: Every Monday in April we’re offering a Free Gift with a To-Go Theme to INN Club members earning just 100 base points the same day . . . You get the shirt plus keep the points!
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, NHL and NBA (regular season ends today, playoffs start Saturday). You can also place wagers on Horse Racing and the NASCAR Food City 500. Futures on the board include the FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships and the 2019 Super Bowl!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Roasted Rack of Venison with Cherry Brandy Demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Rye Brothers tonight through Saturday, Steve Lord Sunday and Monday and Roem Baur Tuesday and Wednesday. The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar-driven songs. Led by Paul Justin & Justin Foutz, who trade off on the lead vocals and guitar licks. Paul and Justin formed Rye Brothers in the of Summer of 2015 and quickly added a solid rhythm section consisting of Jacob Delott (bass, backing vocals) and Jeff Sorenson (drums, backing vocals).
Steve Lord is a guitarist with dynamic vocals who presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Roem Baur is a multiple award-winning touring songwriter and classically trained opera singer who ultimately answered the call of rock n' roll! He has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50 and NBC's The Voice.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!