|Roulette Action at the CVI whenever you are ready!|
Her Voice is Smooth and She is Always Ready! You thought we were going where with this headline?!?! We’re talking about the voice that calls the game on our new Roulette Carousel near the table games area in the casino! The CVI is one of the few northern Nevada locations for this circle of seats surrounding a real roulette wheel just like you would see on any roulette table in Nevada. This is easy, fast and convenient electronic betting, with a personal monitor of the wheel camera at each seat, a helpful history display board, and 24-hour availability! Place wagers from 25 cents to $200 with only a dollar minimum. Step right up, sit down and give it a whirl!
|Why no actual picture? Did you ever see a Chicken Fried Steak that looked good in a photo?|
Like the Katie’s $5.99 Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs? We’re trusting you do because it is our most popular and most often raved about breakfast! The Chicken Fried Steak is a hearty portion (to say the least), your two eggs can be any style, and we also include a biscuit and gravy – it's a generous plateful and an incredible value at just $5.99. Anyway, enough for hype. If you think it should be a finalist in the carsonvalleytimes.com Breakfast Wars, just click the link and give it your vote!
Concert News (Don’t Just Skim This One)
- Tickets are available now for the Granger Smith Concert in TJ’s Corral on Saturday, May 28 and the Frankie Ballard Concert on Thursday, June 2. You can buy tickets on our web site or at the hotel desk.
- If you are one of the many who have been asking (never an issue – we appreciate your interest!) about when tickets will go on sale for the June 25 Oak Ridge Boys Concert, set an alarm now for Monday, April 25 at 8 a.m.! That’s when sales start with prices at $39 & $49 . . . and this one will be all reserved seating, no party pit.
- Here’s a handy link to our 2016 Concert Lineup as we have it set so far. Check back for more ticket availability and additions.
The Inns and Outs of Mother’s Day: Please get Inn with us on Mother’s Day with Dinner Specials (and the regular menu, of course) served in CV Steak and Katie’s. And don’t miss Out on our Mother’s Day Weekend Getaway Package as we are just about sold out in the hotel for that weekend!
Free Roll Poker Tournament Friday: While the Free Roll Tournament this Friday is for the Top 40 point earners at the end of play last Friday, the promotion continues through the end of May when the Top 50 will qualify for cash drawings in June. Now that we’ve read the last sentence, we can see how you just might be scratching your head . . . so read about it at this link. And if you have any doubt as to whether or not you made the Top 40 for this Friday’s tournament, feel free to call Poker Room at 775-783-7763.
Coming up the Last Weekend in April:
- Anniversary Jam Weekend: CVI 6th Anniversary Celebration on Friday, April 29, Food Truck Festival on Saturday, April 30 and Sharkey’s Casino 1st Anniversary on Sunday, May 1.
- CVI Annual Spring Stag There’s a Thursday reception, golf on Friday and Saturday, dinner on Saturday night, tee prizes and more. At the time we are writing this we have room for two more players. Interested? Call Greg at 775-783-6615.
- Genoa Cowboy Festival: At the time we are posting this blog we can accept two more reservations for our Special Weekend Package – cut off is this Friday, April 22.
|The Kid and Nic entertain in the Cabaret Lounge (Free)|
Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment:
Bill Wharton is here tonight, The Kid and Nic entertain Thursday thru Saturday and Jonathon “JB” Barton performs Sunday through Wednesday. Kirk and Nicole Tracy have been performing together since 1977. Their Kid and Nic Show will get you dancing, singing and laughing along as they perform pop, rock, dance, oldies, current and classic country, 80's hits, Latin, funk, swing, blues, jazz and reggae (doesn’t leave much, does it!). The show also features some fun "theme" medleys of songs from movies such as Grease, The Blues Brothers and Animal House.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, the NBA Playoffs, the NHL Playoffs, Saturday’s UFC fight in Las Vegas and Sunday's NASCAR Toyota Owners 400 at the Richmond International Raceway.
- Earth Day Baskets from the Chocolate Shoppe.
- Quail Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Blackjack Tournament Winners: Total prize money was $1,275.00 for our April Blackjack Tournament! Inga Silva won and grabbed $640. Second and third went to Joy Trott ($380) and Tim Boyles ($255). Not bad for just a $25 entry fee. Circle May 10 for the next monthly contest!
- Scratcher Drawings Tuesday: A reminder to INN Club members who have participated in the April Scratcher Promotion . . . our monthly drawings are Tuesday at 6 & 8 p.m. with a chance to win up to $2,500.
- Today is Banana Day - that plus the predicted high temperature of 75 is a good enough reason to order a Banana Smoothie in Job's Perk!
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!