|She's Back and Poking Humorous Fun |
at the Roots of Our Upbringing!
Hoppertunity Streaks to Big Win: After a disappointing last minute scratch from the Kentucky Derby in 2014, Mike Pegram’s now five-year-old Hoppertunity showed strong form last Saturday in streaking to the front with a furlong to go to win the Grade 1 Jockey Club Gold Cup Stakes at Belmont Park. This is the thoroughbred’s most prestigious “in the money" finish since recovering from the injury that prevented starts in the 2014 Triple Crown races - the year that was dominated by then-locally-owned California Chrome.
|TG Sheppard &Special Guest Kelly Lang Coming to CVI|
|Unintended Consequence of a Few "Smart" Remarks!|
Sports and Race Book:
- This week you can bet Major League Baseball Playoffs, NFL and NCAA Football, NHL Hockey (starts tonight!) the WNBA Finals and Sunday’s Hollywood Casino 400 NASCAR race. Also on the board: updated futures bets on who will win the World Series, the 2016 Season NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $3242 – pick all 15 NFL games straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Chatter Around the Sportsbook with Mike and Jim.
- Jim was spot on last week when he suggested picking the Giants with Bumgarner pitching as Bum shutout the Mets to win the Wild Card game. This week, Jim likes the Raiders at home against the Chiefs.
- Mike nailed both of his picks last week when he said take Texas and the points versus Oklahoma (they didn’t cover) and Purdue (won outright!) and the points against Illinois. This week, Mike says give the points and take two favorites – 10th ranked and undefeated Nebraska at Indiana and Florida to cover against Missouri (more of a bet against Missou in this case)!
|Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge this Weekend|
A Few Tidbits:
- Follow Me, Mom & Dad: Today is Take Your Parents to Lunch Day. Might we persuade you to bring them to Katie’s?!
- Do Overs! Monday is Mulligan Day. A good reason to remind you now is the time many of the golf groups that will visit the Carson Valley Inn in 2017 are booking their arrangements with us. We offer a variety of group packages and hope you’ll take this as a prod to give Greg a call at 775-783-6615 to learn how we can set up a package for your group!
- In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the odd hour, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Friday Drawings: Weekly drawings in our October Progressive Giveaways Promotion are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with plenty of cash and free play and the chance to win the $5,000 progressive jackpot. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: Every Saturday in October earn 4X Points all day.
- Free T-Shirt Mondays: We're giving away Free Long Sleeve CVI T-Shirts every Monday through October 24th! To qualify, simply earn 75 points the same day and the free T-Shirt is yours . . . plus you keep the points! The gray shirts went out last Monday . . . watch for a different color each Monday.
- Senior Mondays: Seniors 55 and over are invited to our Senior Mondays during October from 8 AM to 11 AM in the Cabaret Lounge. We have free coffee and cookies, free bingo games and a chance to win free play and cash!
- Our Penny Progressive had topped $24,000 on Tuesday Night and this jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our October Casino Promotions!
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for just $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack Of Venison for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!