Nevada Football Coach Coming to CVI – You are Invited!
Nevada Football – all of us Northern Nevada fans are wondering about the details of the new-look offensive and the defensive schemes planned by new Nevada football coach Jay Norvell for the 2017 season. Why “wonder” any longer . . . Ask him face-to-face next Wednesday when Coach Norvell will be right here at the Carson Valley Inn as part of the Nevada Coaches’ Caravan. The doors to our Sierra Room open at 5:45 PM and Coach Norvell will be joined by basketball coaches Eric Musselman and Amanda Levens, as schedules permit for the Wolf Pack hoops coaches. After a brief presentation, the coaches will be available for questions. The “Coaches’ Caravan” is free and open to the public – a courtesy RSVP to Holly Aycock at (775) 682-6961 is requested.
15 Days in the Life of the CVI - Why We Like Working Here!
Those of us who hangout in the Blog Writers Cave are often asked what it’s like to work at the Carson Valley Inn. Let’s just take a peek at a recent 15-day window and we think you’ll get some insight into the variety of our experiences, the satisfaction we often feel, and the incredible people we get to meet:
|Kids (and their parents) Love Helicopters, |
CVI in the background
- Let’s Start Outside: On April 29 country legend Wynonna Judd performed in TJ’s Corral to a sold-out crowd, many of whom had never been to a concert in TJ’s. The following weekend Patra Corp brought 300 of their employees in from around the country for themed parties and entertainment on both Friday and Saturday nights under a 7,000 square foot tent in TJ’s Corral. Saturday’s party and dinner went on in the pouring rain proving once again, despite obstacles, the show must go on! A few days later we watched the Care Flight helicopter land in our new parking area as part of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office Open House and smiled as hundreds of Carson Valley children got to sit in the cockpit, talk to the crew, and enjoy themselves immensely in the recently built new lot which just happens to be a perfect landing spot for Care Flight to land. Last Friday, Turtle’s Last Dance featuring the Davisson Brothers was a farewell party to Stew Stewart who served as our Entertainment Director for the last six years. Then, on Saturday we marveled as over 1000 people experienced Bandtastic 2.0 featuring the student musicians from our Valley high school, middle schools and elementary schools. So many proud parents and grandparents watching their child perform on the same stage that has hosted legends such as Merle Haggard, Charlie Daniels, The Oak Ridge Boys, and many more.
- Moving Inside During the Same 15 Days: Three lucky CVI casino
guests walked away with
Dawn and Ron
with their Newly Acquired $5,000 Cash
- Want in on This Eclectic World? We have open positions at the CVI and no matter what job you have, you’ll touch one or more of our many events from an insider’s perspective. Check out our openings at this link.
Concert and Event Update
- Lee Brice this Saturday: Lee Brice fans and the rest of the sure-to-be sold-out crowd attending the Lee Brice Concert this Saturday night will be treated to Lee’s new single “Boy” which will be released this Friday, one day prior to the concert. Last we checked, there were still “standing room only” tickets available - bring a blanket and curl up on the grass area if you wish. You can check availability at this link and get psyched up for the concert by reading this article posted earlier this week by our friends at Tahoe Onstage.
- Kenny Loggins Concert on Friday, June 9: Based on our ticket sales rate, it’s only a matter of a week or so before this one is sold out. So please, if you’re planning to attend, don’t wait too much longer.
- Also coming up in TJ’s Corral:
- Aaron Watson featuring special guest Clare Dunn Concert on Friday, June 16 - Tickets Available Now.
- WFC Mixed Martial Arts Event on Saturday July 1 - Tickets Available Now.
- The Spinners Concert on Saturday July 8 - Tickets Available Now.
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28 - Tickets Available Soon.
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18 - Tickets Available Soon.
Wine and Whisky:
- This Thursday is the Mardi-Gras themed 2017 kickoff to Gardnerville’s Thirsty Third Thursday season. The “deal” is simple: Just $15 to register plus $5 for the "Forever" Glass which can be used at all 2017 Thirsty Third Thursday wine walks. The money raised will help fund the revitalization efforts in the Main Street Gardnerville District. Registration tables will be located at the Main Street Gardnerville office 1407 U.S. Hwy 395 N and at Big Daddy's Bicycles 1546 U.S. Hwy 395 N # 1. You can shorten the process by registering and paying on line. What’s this have to do with CVI? We’re looking out for our sister property Sharkey’s Casino which sits in the middle of the wine wobblers’ path!
- Saturday is World Whisky Day so it’s only right that we acknowledge and congratulate our friends and next-door-neighbors at the Bentley Heritage project who hoisted the roof onto the silo building at Buckeye and Hwy 395 earlier this week. This clears the path for the race to the finish line to get the Estate Distillery open by early 2018. In case the spelling looked funny, here’s the scoop: whisky usually denotes Scotch whisky and Scotch-inspired liquors, and whiskey denotes the Irish and American liquors.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Roem Baur tonight and Thursday, The John Dawson Band Friday and Saturday, Rock River Sunday and Monday, Hans Eberbach next Tuesday and Wednesday. Roem Baur has been featured on the main stage at Super Bowl 50, NBC's The Voice and at CES & SXSW conferences. The John Dawson Band is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to play music and entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. Buddy and Kim from the Buddy Emmer Blues Band perform as Rock River with an evening of blues and other music. Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach has released a solo album, “Up Is The Only Way Out” and he also sings for Joy & Madness and fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS a band that represents his original singer/songwriter/electronic soul work.
In the Casino
- Pure Glow Salon. Blooms Gardening Kit for the first 150 ladies, Wine Country Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and a chance to earn entries for the May 31st drawings for a $500 Spa Package at
- Free Breakfast or 50% Breakfast Discount: Earn 50 Points this morning, swipe at the casino kiosk and receive a free breakfast in Katie’s usable today, 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Or, if you’re 50 or over, receive 50% off your breakfast today 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Can’t make it today? Same program applies tomorrow and every Wednesday and Thursday in May!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- $10,000 Guaranteed Giveaways Saturday: Drawings at 8 & 9 PM with $10,000 guaranteed including one guaranteed $5,000 winner!
- Saturday is National Be A Millionaire Day. You can start now and try to earn $1 million over the next 10 years, or you can make a small investment and play Megabucks here at the CVI. Last we looked the jackpot was a little over $11 million, but you can click here to get the exact current amount.
- 4X Points Monday: Quadruple the benefits of your casino play all day every Monday in May with no limit on points earned!
- Tuesday is National Lucky Penny Day. One of our casino guests at Sharkey’s Casino actually celebrated this on May 7 by “hitting” for $20,633 on the Penny Progressive jackpot that links together the Carson Valley Inn, Sharkey’s Casino, and Bodine’s Casino. You never know when this one is going to hit and it currently sits at over $13,000.
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLB, Horse Racing and NASCAR’s Monster Energy All-Star Race (Saturday) and Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Futures include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Thursday is National No Dirty Dishes Day. Celebrate by going out to eat and enjoying CV Steak or Katie’s at the Carson Valley Inn,
- the Jackpot Café at Sharkey’s Casino or the restaurant at Bodines Casino.
- Friday is National Pizza Party Day. A trip to Bodines Casino is definitely in order for one of their hand-tossed and freshly made pizzas cooked to order in Bodines’ special firebrick pizza oven.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Sunday is National Waitstaff Day, a great reason to acknowledge your server when you go out for breakfast, lunch or dinner this week. Think it’s an easy job? It’s actually quite stressful according to this article.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!