Aaron Watson featuring special guest Clare Dunn Concert on Friday, June 16: Clare Dunn says this about her playful pop rocker “Move On” from her title album: “It’s just a fun little ditty about a girl wanting a guy to put the move on her. There’s nothing wrong with the girl making the first move, but I personally am too shy to do it. This was just an experience that I went through, just trying to give this guy a hint.” Catch her personality in the video above and read more about this exceptionally talented singer/songwriter in this first-person interview article posted by Tim Parsons of Tahoe OnStage after interviewing her extensively by phone a few days ago.
More Concert and Event Updates
- The Lee Brice last Saturday was incredible – perfect weather, a full house, exceptional sound (their sound guy is world-class) and energy over the top! Plenty of pictures were posted on social media and our album is at this link on Facebook. If you are a Facebook user, please like, follow and extol the virtues of both the Carson Valley Inn and TJ’s Corral. If you are not a Facebook user, please don’t take this as our encouragement for you to start . . . It can be addicting, time-consuming and infuriating . . .but also informative, entertaining and just plain fun!
- Kenny Loggins Concert on Friday, June 9: We added a few more tickets earlier this week but they are selling fast. Please, if you’re planning to attend, don’t wait too much longer.
- Also coming up in TJ’s Corral:
- WFC Mixed Martial Arts Event on Saturday July 1 - Tickets Available Now.
- The Spinners Concert on Saturday July 8 - Tickets Available Now.
- Marshall Tucker Band Concert on Friday, July 28 - Ticket Availability News in Next Wednesday's Blog.
- Michael McDonald Concert on Friday, August 18 - Tickets Available Soon.
Nevada Football coach Jay Norvell will be in our Sierra Room tonight to share his vision for the Nevada Football new-look offensive and defensive schemes for the 2017 season. The Nevada Coaches’ Caravan will also include basketball coaches Eric Musselman and Amanda Levens as schedules permit for the Wolf Pack hoops coaches. Doors open at 5:45 PM and after a brief presentation starting just after 6, the coaches will be available for questions. The “Coaches’ Caravan” is free and open to the public. A courtesy RSVP to Holly Aycock at (775) 682-6961 is requested if you read this in time – otherwise just show up and get the inside story first hand!
|Our Wine Selection in CV Steak is Stellar!|
|Read About Our Favorite Burger |
at Each of Our Three Locations.
Hans Eberbach tonight, Arizona Jones Thursday thru Saturday and The Novelists acoustic duo Sunday thru Tuesday. Vocalist and songwriter Hans Eberbach has released a solo album, “Up Is The Only Way Out” and he also sings for Joy & Madness and fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS a band that represents his original singer/songwriter/electronic soul work. In a scene so often dominated by technology and gimmicks, Arizona Jones prefers to do it the old fashioned way - live and personal. And when they put their rockin' spin on classic R&B hits from the 60's and 70's, you never know who'll be singing louder, the audience or the band. They play the hits from Aerosmith and Amy Winehouse to Wilson Pickett and ZZ Top . . . and many artists in between. The Novelists acoustic duo provides cliffhanger storytelling, dual lead singing personalities and their signature harmonies.
- Pure Glow Salon. Blooms Gardening Kit for the first 150 ladies, Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and a chance to earn entries for the May 31st drawings for a $500 Spa Package at
- Free Breakfast or 50% Breakfast Discount: Earn 50 Points this morning, swipe at the casino kiosk and receive a free breakfast in Katie’s usable today, 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Or, if you’re 50 or over, receive 50% off your breakfast today 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Can’t make it today? Same program applies tomorrow and every Wednesday and Thursday in May!
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- $10,000 Guaranteed Giveaways Saturday: Drawings at 8 & 9 PM with $10,000 guaranteed including one guaranteed $5,000 winner!
- 4X Points Monday: Quadruple the benefits of your casino play all day every Monday in May with no limit on points earned!
- May Scratcher Drawings Tuesday: Join us at 6 & 8 PM for the chance to win up to $5,000 based on your May Scratcher entries.
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: We are taking action on the NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLB, Horse Racing and two big Sunday races: The Indianapolis 500 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the morning and NASCAR’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the evening. Futures include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks, two boar shanks braised and slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!