He Wanted a Party – It’s Friday, May 12 in TJ’s Corral!
Before Stew “The Turtle” Stewart passed away earlier this year he told Joey Whitacre, our Director Of Marketing And Casino Operations, he didn’t want a “service” or “memorial,” he just wanted us to throw a party. Music was Stew’s life-long passion and his biggest sense of pride was TJ’s Corral where he brought in great national acts including one of country music’s biggest stars, Merle Haggard. So, the party is Friday evening May 12th in TJ’s Corral and we are affectionately calling it “Turtle’s Last Dance.” The fun starts at 5pm, the Davisson Brothers – they had a special place in Stew’s heart – perform live at 6pm and the evening is free to all ages.
- Thank you for your overwhelming support of our season
opening concert! We had a Sold Out
Aaron Watson June 16 in TJ's Corral
- Moving along, just a reminder that this weekly blog is supposed to be fun and light-hearted and we never intend to make serious predictions, give warnings or lecture. However, we did get a couple of “remarks” from people who missed out on Wynonna concert tickets because they waited too long. So, please don’t do the same if you have any intention of attending the Lee Brice on May 20 or the Kenny Loggins Concert on Friday, June 9. If we were into speculating, we would give you the “nod” that both of these concerts will be sold out in advance.
- Also on sale now are tickets for the Aaron Watson featuring special guest Clare Dunn Concert on Friday, June 16.
- For your convenience, here is a link to our Remaining 2017 Concert Lineup.
Sports and Race Book:
- The Kentucky Derby is this Saturday and the draw for post positions is this morning at 8 a.m. Facebook and Twitter pages. We’ll start taking bets on Friday and you can place pari mutuel wagers during Sports and Racebook hours until post time Saturday. Of course we’ll be showing the festivities and race (3:46 PM PDT) in the Cabaret Lounge with $2 draft beer specials.
- Also on the Board: NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLB, all other Horse Racing and Sunday’s NASCAR GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway. Futures include winners for the World Series and 2018 Super Bowl. Here’s one that will probably come as no surprise to any football fan: according to the odds makers, the Patriots are currently most likely to win the Super Bowl and the Browns are the least likely.
Turns Out It’s More Than PR Fluff! We’ve often touted the Carson Valley Inn as “centrally located” for exploring, recreation, or whatever other activity meets the “promotional” needs of the subject at hand. Well this time we are making another such claim that is de-facto supported, ratified and sanctioned by a media giant! Our claim: the Carson Valley Inn is centrally located for visiting and experiencing two of the Southwest’s 10 Best Small Towns, Genoa and Virginia City! Who says? Turns out the folks who jumped in on the Readers’ Choice Poll conducted by USA Today. . . See the results here.
Some Stuff We Think is Important:
- Mother’s Day is less than two weeks away and if you haven’t made dinner plans yet, we suggest you do so soon! We’re offering Mother’s Day Specials and our regular menu items in both Katie’s and CV Steak (CV Steak reservations strongly suggested at 775-783-6650).
- Thursday is International Firefighter’s Day and we offer our sincere thanks and appreciation to all of the professional and volunteer firefighter/paramedics who make up the East Fork Fire District. We have witnessed your dedication, training, responsiveness and professionalism so many times over the years . . . the Carson Valley is so fortunate to have such a high level of protection in our area!
- If you are at the Carson Valley Inn this weekend you’ll notice a few most-unusual sites and quite a high level of activity at TJ’s Corral both Friday and Saturday nights (is that really a great big tent?!) We are pleased and honored to be hosting a major corporate event bringing 300 people from around the country to the Carson Valley for an employee appreciation weekend.
- Band Tastic 2.0 is coming to TJ’s Corral on Saturday, May 13 . . . with over 200 student musicians from various Douglas County schools participating. Get it on your calendar (noon start) and we’ll have more details next week.
- Today is National Two Different Colored Shoes Day. Do we really think this is important? Of course not. Do we think it is somewhat amusing and strongly indicative of people who have too much time on their hands and sit around thinking these “days” up? You bet we do! Are some of us around here wearing two different colored shoes today? Guess you’ll have to stop by see for yourself!
|Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge|
Jamie Rollins tonight, Decoy Thursday thru Saturday, Bill Wharton Sunday and Monday, Half Dressed Mannequins next Tuesday and Wednesday. An upbeat and experienced entertainer, Jamie Rollins performs a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few of his own songs. Decoy is one of Northern Nevada's leading cover bands known for their high-energy shows, excellent vocals and varied song list. The group was voted best Casino Band by the Reno News and Review for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017. An evening with Decoy includes the hits of artist such as Patsy Cline, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bruno Mars, Lynyrd Skynard, Cee Lo Green, Miranda Lambert, Sublime, Zac Brown Band, Led Zepplin, Journey and more. Local artist Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. Acousti Pop-Duo "Half Dressed Mannequins" is a stripped down performance of the band “The Well Dressed Mannequins.” Hailing from Northern California, Denver Saunders (vocals/guitar) and Jarom Horner (6-String Bass) are known for inspiring dancing, laughing and sing-alongs wherever they play.
In the Casino
- Pure Glow Salon. free Gold Owl Hand Cream Brulee for the first 150 ladies, Wine Country Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and a chance to earn entries for the for the May 31st drawings for a $500 Spa Package at
- Free Breakfast or 50% Breakfast Discount Wednesdays and Thursdays: Earn 50 Points in the morning, swipe at the casino kiosk and receive a free breakfast in Katie’s usable the same day, 7:30 – 11:30 AM. Or, if you’re 50 or over, receive 50% off your breakfast 7:30 – 11:30 AM.
- 5X Points Friday: That’s 5 times the benefits for your play!
- $10,000 Guaranteed Giveaways Saturday: Drawings at 8 & 9 PM with $10,000 guaranteed including one guaranteed $5,000 winner!
- Monthly Ladies-Only No-limit Texas Hold'em Bounty Tourney Sunday: Play starts at 4 p.m. $40 buy-in, no re-buys. Check with the Poker Room for all the info.
- 4X Points Monday: Quadruple the benefits of your casino play all day every Monday in May with no limit on points earned!
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament Tuesday: Just a $25 buy-in and all entry fees and re-buys go into the prize fund. Sign ups are from 5 to 6 p.m. on the day of the tournament and play starts at 6:00 p.m.
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Buffalo Short Rib for $30.00. Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.