Slap Your Knuckles with a Ruler!! We've brought you comedy shows before, but never one quite like this: Late Nite Catechism is an uproarious piece of Comedy Theater that takes audience members back - sometimes nostalgically, sometimes fearfully - to their childhood days. Best way to describe it . . . The evening is basically an adult catechism class being taught to a roomful of "students" (the audience). Over the course of the play, Sister Nonie goes from benevolent instructor, rewarding the "students" for correct answers with glow-in-the-dark rosaries and laminated saint cards, to authoritative drill sergeant. These abrupt mood swings are bound to strike a resonant chord with everyone who survived the ups and downs of going to school with an omniscient authoritarian at the helm: Catholics and non-Catholics alike! It's all happening on Saturday evening, November 15 in our Valley Ballroom and we'll be posting all the details on our website in the next few days.
Events to Put on Your Calendar:
- The Celebrity DAWG Pound, Dinner & Comedy Show is Saturday in our Valley ballroom. The Douglas Animal Welfare Group (DAWG) is the beneficiary as "local celebrities" try to avoid being thrown in the DAWG Pound by making their "bail" through donations. Also on tap: dinner, the hilarious comedy antics of Kat Simmons and a raffle.
- "A Touch of Class" - An Elegant Craft Fair will be held in our Valley ballroom on Thursday through Saturday, October 23 – 25 from 10am to 8pm each day. Admission is free and more information is available from Sue Bennett at 775-265-1097.
Carson Valley Airporter Closer: The Scheduled Bus Service between Reno Airport and Carson Valley is expected to start the first week in November. The folks at Amador Stage Lines are shooting to have their web site up with all the details, and taking reservations, within a week.
How did our Our French Disaster do? Remember the Burger Wars poll being conducted by the Carson Valley Times we mentioned last week? Well, CV Steak's French Disaster Gourmet Burger made the finals! Watch for more details soon on the final voting.
Bently Heritage? Over the next two years we'll all be hearing a lot about the extensive redevelopment work being done by Bently Enterprises to their various buildings just east of the Carson Valley Inn. Some of the work has already started on this project, referred to as Bently Heritage, and it's summarized in this article recently posted on carsonvalleytimes.com. This amazing project is just a two minute walk from our casino entrance and we will continue to post updates.
How is this possible? We had lots of fun at the Aviation Roundup at Minden-Tahoe Airport last Saturday including the pumpkin drop, rocket launches, lots of air traffic, planes on display and more. The picture above has us perplexed. You can see the airplane and you can see the pumpkin that was just tossed out. The question: How does the pumpkin, with no propulsion, appear to be in front of the propeller-driven airplane?
As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the Carson Valley Visitors Authority has been working on their new Online Interactive Map and they now have it up and running! Want to preview this new feature? Click here, pick your area, and start experimenting with the various overlays for dining, lodging, attractions, entertainment, etc. Have comments on this new tool? Contact the Visitors Authority at 775-782-8145 or click here to send them an email.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News:
- Dinner On Us! Congratulations to Heather Paterson Lewis for winning the Dinner for Two in CV Steak we mentioned in last week's blog.
- Bunko for Breast Cancer was a raucous, ear-piercing, fun-filled blast last Saturday night.
- Ladies' Night Wednesdays in October! Tonight's Hot Seat winners will receive a gift basket from Bath and Body Works and the first 150 ladies to check in tonight will receive a Halloween bobble head. To have your business featured on one of our Ladies' Nights (we do pay you for the prizes), call Stephanie at 775-783-7711.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret: Steve Lord appears tonight, The Blues Monsters take over Thursday – Saturday, NFL Football is in the forefront Sunday and Monday nights and George Pickard is on stage Tuesday and Wednesday. Did you know . . . Members of TheBlues Monsters have shared the stage with a "Monster Cast" of musicians: Journey's Neal Schon, the Drifters, David Coverdale of Whitesnake, Jimmy Page, Creedence Clearwater's Doug Clifford and Stu Cook, Stephen Stills, Lydia Pense and Cold Blood, Bo Diddley, Grateful Dead's Bob Wier, Booker T and the MGs, The Commitments, Kenny Logins, Kenny Neal, Tinsley Ellis, Pablo Cruise and more!
- This Week's Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast - Maple Leaf Farms duck breast marinated with fresh herbs, grilled to medium rare - medium doneness with natural duck jus and served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $28.00!
- Our Penny Progressive Jackpot was inching up on $32,000 when we checked last night!
Tourney Winners: Another trio of money winners in
last night's monthly Blackjack Tournament. Jack Jordan won the $750 first place
money, Richard Trott finished second for $450 and the $300 in third place money
went to Lucas Huff. The next monthly tournament is Tuesday, November 11.
The Comments Section Below Does Work! Please give us some feedback or ask questions using the comments section below. You can also shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!