Mother’s Day Package: Mother’s Day is only two months away and now might be a good time to think about planning a Mother’s Day weekend visit to the Carson Valley Inn with your mother, wife, grandmother, or anyone else who might enjoy a “let’s let someone else worry about the work” getaway. Each year we offer a limited number of Mother’s Day Weekend Hotel Packages and the last year or two we have sold out. Check out the details and give us a call at 775-783-6629 when you’re ready to make your reservations!
We don’t have a Tattoo Parlor, but there are half-dozen categories in the Nevada Magazine Best of Nevada 2017 Survey in which some aspect of the Carson Valley Inn certainly might garner your vote. It doesn’t take long to complete the survey and we hope you’ll give us a nod in those categories where you think we are deserving!
We Guarantee There’s Something in This Section You Will like:
- What’s in a name? Bodines Casino picked up its name from a restaurant named Bodines that was previously located on the same property. So here’s the question of the day: does anybody know how that restaurant named Bodines got its name? We’ve heard a couple of different versions but we think we’ve reached the bottom of the story and we’ll have that answer in next week’s blog.
- Anxious for Selection Sunday so you know whether your alma mater’s team made one of the postseason basketball tournaments? Or, perhaps you have a birthday on Sunday and are hoping your wife got you that new set of golf clubs? Either way, we know you “can’t wait” so we have come up with a plan to ease the burden . . . We have made arrangements to cut an hour out of the darkness of Saturday night/Sunday morning and . . . . Oh heck, we’ll get to the point – this is just a reminder that Daylight Saving Time starts at 2 AM Sunday when all the clocks “spring” ahead one hour here in Nevada (not in every state, ya know.)
- How Many Brackets Will You Complete? In March of 2015 the American Gaming National Napping Day (that's one of our blog writers napping in the picture at the link!) In any event, while we don’t book the whole bracketology thing at our sports book, we do handle action on every game in all the postseason tournaments. Place your bets at the CVI, Sharkey’s Casino or Bodines Casino and collect your winnings at whichever location is closest at the conclusion of the game!
- National Name Tag Day is tomorrow and we think it would be a good idea for all of our guests and customers to wear name tags tomorrow . . . Sure would make it easier for us to remember everyone’s name!
- Taxing Times: we were asked a few times again this week, so here’s a link to our 2016 Win/Loss Request Form.
- A Complaining Restaurant Guest Led to What? Tuesday is National Potato Chip Day. This is certainly not something we’re celebrating around here but this all came about because a particular restaurant customer repeatedly complained one day back in 1853 (obviously not here at CVI). The chef’s “I’ll Show Him!” attitude kicked in and . . . click the link and read about it! Now we aren’t advocating that everyone start complaining, but we sure do want to know if something is not right . . . just ask for the restaurant manager or the Manager on Duty to address any concerns.
- Mike’s 4-year old filly Pretty N Cool won the Las Flores Stakes Saturday at Santa Anita Park. And if betting the ponies is your thing, you can do so 364½ days here at our Race and Sports Book.
|Whiskey Maiden Anchors This Week's |
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
George Pickard tonight, Whiskey Maiden Thursday through Saturday, Jonathan Barton Sunday and Monday and Helena and the Bear next Tuesday and Wednesday. Whiskey Maiden is a relatively new country/rock/pop (that’s versatility!) act out of California featuring modern music, high energy performance & nonstop, dance-floor-filling song selections. Fronted by the charismatic & soaring vocals of Sandy Nuyts, the band members are highly skilled musicians that have performed with the likes of Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Neil McCoy, Hootie & the Blowfish, Edwin McCain & other national & international artists.
TJ’s Corral Events Reminders:
- Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour: Saturday night, April 29 - tickets are on sale now.
- Marshall Tucker Band: Friday night, July 28 - ticket availability will be announced in a future Wednesday morning blog.
- World Fighting Championship (WCF) Fights: Saturday, July 1. Watch for ticket information soon.
- The Spinners: Saturday, July 8. Watch for more information soon.
In the Casino
- Shelly Camp Gift Baskets
- $80,000 Pot-O-Gold Giveaways Friday: $10,000 in Cash & Freeplay Guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino – CVI Drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM with a chance to win up to $2,500 – like Nickie Cosper did last Friday!!
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play!
- Free T-Shirt Monday: Earn 125 points on Monday and receive a Free Long Sleeve CVI T-Shirt . . . plus you keep the points!
- Monthly Blackjack Tournament Tuesday:
- Penny Progressive Over $73,000: this Progressive Jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Sports and Race Book:
- This week you can bet the NBA, College Basketball Tournaments, Pre-Season MLB, NHL and the NASCAR Kobalt 400 in Las Vegas. Futures on the board include winners for NCAA Basketball Championship, Masters, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and World Series.
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!