March - Food, Prizes, Events, Madness and More
The 31 days of March are filled with plenty of excitement here at the Carson Valley Inn . . . Here’s a summary you can hang onto and use as a guide for the entire month:
- Our March Casino Promotions are anchored by our $80,000 Pot-O-Gold Giveaways with drawings every Friday night for either $10,000 or $20,000 in cash and free play total between the CVI and Bodines Casino. No need to fill out entry forms – you're racking up one virtual drawing ticket for every five points earned all month. Be sure to use your INN Club card while you play, and be here on Fridays for the drawings. Check the "In The Casino" section below for this Friday's giveaway totals and drawing times.
- Every Monday grab a free CVI T-shirt or Sweatshirt when you accumulate 125 points on the same day – plus you keep the points. Again, see the "in the casino" section for this Monday's giveaway item.
- Ladies' Night continues on Wednesdays with a special gift item each week for the first 150 ladies to sign up, hot seat drawing prizes, a ladies-only drink special, free bingo, and earn drawing entries for a $500 Shopping Spree we'll be giving away on March 29.
- 4X Points is popular on Saturdays so we're continuing this multiplier in March – all day, no limits on the number of points you can earn and just a handful of machines are excluded (yes, they are marked.)
- Katie's continues to offer daily food specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM on Monday through Saturday. This month enjoy Pork Chili Verde for $6.99 on Mondays, Beef Stew served in the Sourdough Bread Bowl for $6.99 on Tuesdays, Italian specials for $6.99 on Wednesdays, Roast Turkey Dinner for $6.99 on Thursdays, and our popular Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner on Fridays and Saturdays for $14.99. And don't forget the long-running $5.99 Chandler Chicken Dinner on Sundays from 2 to 10 PM.
- The "local fundraiser season" (we made that up) winds down in March with the Sierra Lutheran High School Gifts of Grace Dinner & Auction this Saturday and the Minden Rotary Beast Feast on Saturday, March 11.
- Other March events at the CVI include the Douglas High School ROTC Ball, our local Basque Club's Annual Mus Tournament (all-day card tournament with about 150 participants), a few small conventions, regular monthly association and business meetings and an assortment of other business and social private events. We'd welcome the opportunity to talk you about your group, association, or company having an event here at the CVI . . . call Carrie at 775-783-6673.
- March Madness kicks off with Selection Sunday on March 12 and continues over the following extended weekends as the NCAA Tournament shrinks from an initial field of 68 teams to the Men's Final Four on April 1 & 3. When you add in the National Invitation Tournament (NIT), College Basketball Invitational (CBI), possibly one other men's tournament and the women's version of some of these tournaments, you have the alumni from over 100 colleges and universities following their teams in loser-goes-home, season-ending tournament play!! No wonder "they" call it March Madness!
- St. Patty's Day on March 17 it is always fun at the CVI . . . It's a Friday this year and that always "enhances" the celebrating. We're doing the usual draft beer special at the bars, Corned Beef and Cabbage special in Katie's and extended (earlier) live entertainment.
- We’re "almost there" on the details for the Nashville Nights Showcase on Friday, March 31 in the Valley Ballroom. Watch our weekly blog for more details
- There's probably more going on in March that we missed today . . . a good reason to catch the details each week in our blog, a new one pops up at 7 AM every Wednesday.
The Spinners Added to 2017 Concert Lineup
- We just finalized another 2017 Concert - The Spinners on Saturday, July 8. Watch for more information next week.
- Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour: Saturday night, April 29. Tickets are on sale now.
- Marshall Tucker Band: Friday night, July 28. Ticket availability will be announced in a future Wednesday morning blog.
- World Fighting Championship (WCF) Fights: Saturday, July 1. Watch for ticket information soon.
Genoa Cowboy Festival Weekend Package
In conjunction with the Carson Valley Visitors Authority, the CVI is again offering a very limited number of 2-night Genoa Cowboy Festival weekend packages. All the information is on our website and the package for two includes Friday and Saturday night accommodations in the Carson Valley Motor Lodge (hotel is sold out due to the Wynonna and the Big Noise Concert), $50 in dining credit and tickets for both the Friday and Saturday night Genoa Cowboy Festival concerts. Hurry – we can’t over emphasize that we only have a limited number of these packages available.
Of Questionable Usefulness: Saturday is National Grammar Day and their is know better weigh to celebrate then too stop righting sentences that don’t use the wright words – like this won (how many mistakes did you find?)
|The Whiskey Heroes in the Cabaret Lounge this Thursday - Saturday|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Patrick Major tonight, The Whiskey Heroes Thursday through Saturday, Chris Talbot Sunday and Monday and George Pickard next Tuesday and Wednesday. The Whiskey Heroes, a project of Aaron Henry and Trent Wood, began in 2014. With rock roots surrounded by a country locale, their music forms its own unique sound. Their first single (Night in the Country) was mixed by Grammy award winning mixer Mark Needham. Since then, the band has added Matt Bailey on rhythm guitar, Dillon Secklin on drums and Max Landis on bass and backup vocals. With the momentum from their recordings, and the addition of the other members, The Whiskey Heroes earned a spot to open for the Night in the Country music festival in 2015. Their debut album was released in 2016.
In the Casino
- Tahoe Toffee Baskets
- $80,000 Pot-O-Gold Giveaways Friday: $10,000 in Cash & Freeplay Guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino – CVI Drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM.
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play!
- Ladies- Only Poker Tournament Sunday: Guys, clear out and let the ladies play in our monthly Ladies-Only Texas Hold’em tournament. Brush-up lessons at 3 PM, tournament play starts at 4 PM in the Poker Room.
- Free Sweatshirt Monday: Earn 125 points on Monday and receive a Free CVI Sweatshirt . . . plus you keep the points!
- Penny Progressive Over $70,000: this Progressive Jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet the NBA, Pre-Season MLB, College Basketball, NHL and
the NASCAR Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. Futures
on the board include winners for the NCAA
Basketball Championship, Masters, NBA
Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!