In this week's blog: T.G. Sheppard Concert Weekend Package Winner, T Shirt Giveaway, Monthly 21 Tournament, Golf at Clear Creek Tahoe and more!
T.G. Sheppard Concert Weekend Package Winner: Congratulations to Brenda Huckabee Burt on winning our Facebook contest for a free T.G. Sheppard Concert Weekend Package. Watch for more contests on our Facebook page.
Free Shamrock Tee Shirt Tomorrow: It's True! INN Club members earning 125 points tomorrow (Thursday, March 6) receive a free shamrock tee shirt (St. Patrick's Day is coming soon) plus you keep the 125 points to use for something else! This is just one of many March Promotions
Our Monthly Blackjack Tournament is this coming Tuesday, March 11. Just $25 gets you in, you're playing with tournament chips, all the entry fees are paid back in prize money and the top three finishers are usually sharing around $1,500! First place gets half the pot, 2nd receives 30% and the 3rd place finisher takes the remaining 20%. To enter, just stop by the pit on Tuesday, March 11 when we take sign ups between 5 and 6 p.m.
This Friday's Game Dinner Special: Our Game-On Fridays special in CV Steak this Friday is a Game Mix Grill with rabbit sausage, medallions of marinated buffalo and elk, finished with a brandy cherry demi-glace. As with all CV Steak entrees, the Game-On Friday special also includes tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato – all for $29.00.
Clear Creek Tahoe Available to CVI Guests: Clear Creek Tahoe is one of the most exclusive golf courses in northern Nevada and we now have access for a limited number of CVI hotel guests during the upcoming 2014 season. We'll tell you more about the course and how we can get you on in a special blog posting by our resident PGA Professional and Sales Team member Greg Enholm. Watch for it in the next few days.
Happenings in our Valley Ballroom
- The Douglas High School ROTC Ball is Friday night.
- The Douglas County Republican Central Committee County Convention is during the day this Saturday.
- Dream Chaser Shuttle Developers at CVI: The Sports Aviation Foundation Annual Membership Dinner this Saturday, March 8 features Greg Stanley from the Sierra Nevada Corporation, a privately owned aerospace company in Sparks. They are developing the "Dream Chaser" the next generation shuttle to the space station. For tickets, call 775-782-9871.
- Carson Valley Arts Council Murder Mystery: "The Wedding From Hell" (hey, we don't make up these names!) is the theme for this year's murder mystery in the Valley Ballroom on Friday, March 14. The evening includes a buffet dinner, dessert, silent auction, 50/50 raffle and . . . well, it's a murder mystery so that's all we can tell you! Call 775-782-8207 for tickets and more information.
- What About You? To find out about holding an event for your group, business or association at the Carson Valley Inn, contact Carrie at 775-783-6673.
- New Bar in the Convention Center: Progressing rapidly and we hope to be completed by the end of next week.
Ladies Night Tonight! The hot seat winners at tonight's Ladies' Night festivities from 6 to 9 p.m. will receive a Free Bath & Body Works Gift Basket. Deanna and Julie will be handing out a Free Shamrock "Lucky" Bracelet to the first 150 ladies who show up - and 20 of these will also have Free Play as a bonus! Ladies Night Bingo games are at 6:45, 7:30 & 8:15 p.m. with the first 2 games "paying" $50 in Free Play and the last game paying $100 Cash.
Concert Update: Be sure to check our full schedule of concerts and watch for tickets going on sale in the next few days for Michael Martin Murphy on May 1.
Lots More Coming Up: We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday! Oh, and don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour when hitting the bed this Saturday night!
Have questions or comments about the Carson Valley Inn? Send us an email using info at carsonvalleyinn dot com. Please also feel free to call us at 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator. He or she will get you to the correct person or department!