Lee Brice Concert Tickets Available
We usually announce the availability of concert tickets in our Wednesday morning blog but one came up right after our blog went out last week so our Facebook and Twitter followers were the first to know: Tickets for the Lee Brice on May 20 in TJ’s Corral are now on sale! We encourage you to buy yours soon . . . you don't want to miss out if tickets aren’t available at the last minute as it appears will be the case with the almost sold-out Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour concert on Saturday night, April 29.
Kenny Loggins, Too!
This one just popped up on Tuesday night as we were finishing off our Wednesday morning blog so we are squeezing it in: Tickets for the June 9 Kenny Loggins Concert are now for sale! Loggins & Messina, "I'm Alright" from Caddyshack, the title song from Footloose, “Playing With the Boys" and "Danger Zone" from Top Gun . . . these memories and many more are guaranteed to make this one a very popular show so get your tickets soon. You can buy them on line by going to this page – You can also stop by the hotel desk (775-783-6606) and get them in person!
|Elle Duke Joins Kalie Shorr |
April 28 in our Valley Ballroom
If you were lucky enough to catch Alyssa Micaela at our March Nashville Nights Showcase you may have just had the opportunity to enjoy someone on the brink of making the big time. Alyssa was just named one of the 10 New Country Artists You Need to Know by RollingStone. If you’re a country fan, be sure to catch our April 28 Nashville Nights Showcase featuring Kalie Shorr and Ellee Duke. Both of these young ladies are also looking promising and we’d hate for anyone to miss the opportunity to be able to say you saw them up-close in the Valley Ballroom just before they sprung onto the national spotlight. Tickets are just $15 and they’re available at the hotel desk or call 775-783-6606.
Toyota Camry Giveaway This Saturday! No fine print on this one: We guarantee that someone will win a new Toyota Camry - or $15,000 cash if they so choose - this Saturday, April 15 at the Carson Valley Inn. It’s the first of three “large” giveaways in our multi-property Anniversary Celebrations which also includes $10,000 in Guaranteed Giveaways on April 22 at Sharkey’s Casino and another new Toyota Camry or $15,000 cash on Saturday, May 6 at Bodines Casino. Check out the timing on all this Saturday’s drawings in the This Week at the Inn section below. And click here for all of the April CVI Promotion Details.
Easter Dining Reminder: CV Steak is open Easter from 4:30 p.m. serving our regular CV Steak menu plus two Easter dinner specials: Apple Bourbon Glazed Slow Roasted Pork Rib Eye and Grilled Salmon “Oscar Style.” Reservations in CV Steak (775-783-6650) are recommended – and we still have some openings for Easter evening! In Katie’s we're offering our regular menu plus an Easter special of Orange Glazed Baked Ham from 2 to 9 p.m. Click here for pricing and other details.
Whatever Your Job Talent . . . We may just have a place for you here at the CVI. We’re starting to ramp up our hiring for the upcoming busy season and we have over a dozen different CVI job positions currently posted . . . plus a few more at Sharkey’s Casino. Sure we have the usual benefits with group insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and more. We also offer an opportunity for advancement if that’s your motivation. And in our business you’ll have a chance to see and even experience some of the most fascinating aspects of human interaction that always seems to be part of the casino/hotel/food service business! Check out our job opportunities on our website, then stop by to meet our HR folks. They can also fill you in on openings at Bodines Casino. Just come in the hotel entrance and turn left down the hall to the end.
“As good - no, better - than before!” That was the title of a very recent review of the Carson Valley Inn on Trip Advisor. We get many positive reviews but this one caught our eye because it reminded us of something that we take for granted: if you haven’t been here in the last four or five years, the CVI is remarkably different and improved. We couldn’t say or write it better than the rest of the review: “After a glorious week in Joshua Tree NP, we were making our way back to Oregon and this is where we stopped for the night. We had stayed here quite a few years ago and enjoyed it and wondered if the hotel would still be nice or if it had gotten "tired" over the years. What a positive surprise when we opened the door to our room and it was immaculately clean, very attractive and appeared to be freshly decorated. The linens were very comfortable and despite being attached to a casino our night was super quiet. For the price, this hotel was an excellent value and we will definitely stay here again when through the area!!
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret LoungeHalf Dressed Mannequins tonight (honest – that’s the name of the dou), Justin Lee Band Thursday thru Saturday and Justin McMahon Sunday thru Tuesday. The Half Dressed Mannequins is an acousti pop-duo of Denver Saunders (vocals/guitar) and Jarom Horner (6-String Bass) performing popular favorites anywhere from the 60s ‘til now. Justin Lee is the west coast’s answer to new country music. With roots in small town Yerington, Nevada, Justin brings a new level of excitement to country as we know it. Justin opened for Mark Chesnutt in October of 2014 at We Dig Mining, a fundraiser to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nevada. A Night In The Country – Nevada’s largest country music festival – featured Justin on the main stage prior to The Band Perry in 2015. Justin McMahon fans love his unique blend of poetic musings against his driving, rhythmic style of acoustic guitar playing.
- a free Marketing Staff Surprise for the first 150 ladies, Chocolate Shoppe Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and a chance to earn entries for the April 26 drawings for $500 Cash.
- Anniversary Giveaways Friday: Drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM. Win up to $5,000.
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play – every Saturday in April!
- Anniversary Giveaways Saturday:
- Drawings at 2PM, 4PM, 6PM & 8PM for prizes including cash, free play and concert tickets.
- Drawings at 9PM for a new Toyota Camry or $15,000!
- Free CVI Anniversary Wearable Monday: We’ll be doing this for the remaining Mondays in April and this week it’s a Windbreaker Jacket on Monday. Just earn 125 points Monday and it’s yours, plus you keep the points!
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NBA Playoffs, MLB and NHL. NASCAR takes a break this weekend. Futures on the board include winners for the NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Sunday is National Eggs Benedict Day. We suggest you celebrate on Saturday this weekend by joining us in Katie’s for our $4.99 Eggs Benedict Special from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. This traditional favorite includes toasted English muffin, grilled Canadian bacon, two poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce and hash browns.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!