Update on 2017 Concerts
A limited number of standing room tickets are now available for the Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour concert on Saturday, April 29. Tickets are moving very briskly for both the Lee Brice on Saturday, May 20 and the Kenny Loggins Concert on Friday, June 9. We hope to have tickets on sale soon for the remaining concerts which are summarized in the above video. You’ll have to excuse that guy (he worked cheap) in front of the camera. He accidentally stated April 30 as the date for the Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour concert and we all know it’s on Saturday, April 29. All the other information is correct and it gives you a summary look at our concert year with the exception of Turtle’s Last Dance which wasn’t finalized when the video was shot.
But First, It's Another Nashville Nights Showcase in the Valley Ballroom
Our April 28 Nashville Nights Showcase featuring Kalie Shorr and Ellee Duke is a great warm up the for the Wynonna concert the following night out in TJ's Corral. Tickets are just $15 and they’re available at the hotel desk or call 775-783-6606. In the video above, Kalie Shorr tells a story that is so common in relationships that just weren’t meant to be . . . He’s Just Not That Into You.
New Slots Are Here:
Just as Spring brings bright green grass, colorful flowers and blooming trees, it also has brought a flurry of new games to the slot floors at Carson Valley Inn and Bodines Casino. Our corporate slot guru Steve Forester shared with us that we’ve added a number of new Aristocrat slots including Wild Americoins and Pure Gold. From IGT we have Icey Wilds and Ocean Magic, and from Konami the New Concerto Multi Game allows you to choose from ten of their most popular themes. We’ve also bumped up our offerings for Video Poker players at both properties with the Ultimate X Bonus Streak in which IGT took their favorite Ultimate X Poker and, figuratively of course, added steroids! Steve also told us, “We haven’t forgotten Sharkey’s Casino where more new games are scheduled for delivery in the next month . . . and all three properties have even more new games coming as we approach summer.” Thanks for playing and enjoy the best of the best.
Who Won the Toyota? John and Michele Hatten were planning to go out for pizza last Saturday, April 15 and skip the Toyota drawing at the CVI because, "we never win." And by the way, this is the most often heard comment after somebody wins a big prize or jackpot at the CVI (and probably most casinos). Anyway, they decided to come by and what transpired was most unusual: they were both drawn to be in the final five for the showdown poker hand that would determine the winner! As the final showdown card was being dealt to each player, Michele showed a straight with three more to go. Her husband was the only one who could beat her as he showed two pair . . . but his last card failed to complete the full house and she won! Both "shocked and excited," Michele was asked by Deanna which it would be, the Toyota Camry or $15,000? With the microphone at her lips, Michele picked the cash in an announcement to the entire casino! Our Cash and FreePlay anniversary drawings continue this Friday and next!
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Justin Lee Band tonight, The Rye Brothers Thursday thru Saturday, George Pickard Sunday and Monday, Chris Toomey next Tuesday and Wednesday. We're surprised Justin Lee had the energy to return for tonight’s special favor to us after his birthday party in the Cabaret lounge last Saturday! The Rye Brothers are a “power-pop” country act, mixing contemporary country music and rock n’ roll guitar driven songs. Led by Paul Justin & Justin Foutz, who trade off on the lead vocals and guitar licks. Paul and Justin formed Rye Brothers in the of Summer of 2015 and quickly added a solid rhythm section consisting of Jacob Delott (bass, backing vocals) and Jeff Sorenson (drums, backing vocals) to round out this Southern California based “power-pop” quartet. George Pickard is an accomplished performer, believable impressionist, captivating entertainer and successful song writer. He has played the Fillmore in San Francisco with acts such as Santana, Big Brother and the Holding Company and Jefferson Airplane. Chris Toomey has been writing and playing music around the country since 2003 and his roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock.
- a free Chocolate Shoppe Candy Surprise for the first 150 ladies, Shelly Camp Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, drink specials, FREE Bingo and a chance to earn entries for the April 26 drawings for $500 Cash.
- Anniversary Giveaways Friday: Drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM. Win up to $5,000.
- 5X Points Saturday: That’s five times the benefits for your play – every Saturday in April!
- Free CVI Anniversary Wearable Monday: This week it’s a different color Windbreaker Jacket than we gave away last Monday. Just earn 125 points Monday and it’s yours, plus you keep the points!
- Poker Room: A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet NBA Playoffs, NHL Playoffs, MLB and the NASCAR Food City 500. Futures on the board include winners for the NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and 2018 Super Bowl.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Rack of Venison with cherry brandy demi for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!