Just a little over two weeks until our Core 4 Comedy show on Saturday, November 10 in our Valley Ballroom. Join Headliner Brian Lee, Host Jeff Anderson, Special Guest Luke Westberg and Feature Act Andy Picarro for 4X Laughs . . . . Tickets are just $20 either online or at our hotel desk!
|Which Witch is Which?|
Which Witch? Which Wednesday?
This is a tale of two witches and two Wednesdays. Let’s start with the two witches pictured above. The one on the left is Julie and the one on the right is Kim. They’ve been witching it up the last few Ladies’ Nights in preparation for tonight’s Witch Hat Contest with a cauldron filled with five prizes! So wear your witch’s hat to Ladies’ Night today starting at 5:30 PM and our judges will decide which witches win at 8 PM. First place is $100.00 Cash, second is $50.00 in FreePlay, and the third through fifth place prizes are special gift baskets. As for next Wednesday, our witches will be out riding their brooms so we’ll be taking a week off from Ladies’ Night so all can enjoy Halloween!
|Spectacular Fall View at #7 Tee Box - Genoa Lakes|
Golf in the Carson Valley – Plan Now for 2019
Almost 100 folks enjoyed two days of spectacular fall golf earlier this week during our annual “Golf Chairpersons’ Appreciation Event.” You could be part of this complimentary event next year, here’s how: Dozens of golf groups visit the Carson Valley Inn each season to enjoy our area’s courses and various group food and beverage receptions and dinners. Each fall, we invite the gracious people who “chair” each event to join us in celebrating the year with a stress-free visit “on us!” So, if you have a group of golfers – with as few as 8 to as many as 100+ – we’d like to share how we can package a golf visit for your group in 2019. We arrange the golf reservations, rooms and social functions . . . you gather the troops. To find out more, contact Greg Enholm in our Sales Department at 775-783-6615. He’ll walk you through the process, set up your group for a fun visit, and then make sure you are invited to our 2019 Appreciation Event next fall!
|Christmas Gifts and Other Holiday Crafts|
Abundance of Clever Crafts This Weekend
Almost 4,000 sq. ft. of handmade crafts and other gifts will be available in our Valley Ballroom this Thursday, Friday and Saturday when the A Touch of Class craft show returns for its 5th year at the Carson Valley Inn and 18th year overall. The holidays shopping weekend features 28-30 crafters . . . but no booths! This setup makes your shopping experience more like a boutique with central cashiers eliminating the need to make separate purchases from individual crafters. Come in and check it out from 10 AM to 8 PM, Thursday, Friday and Saturday!
Football and Other Sports at the Inn
- Our Guys Picks! A bit of a stumble last week, as the “team” only managed to pick one game correctly. 1-7 is probably their worst week ever. So, will they stay in a slump or will the law of averages kick in? Mike went with the meekest mascots last week: cute little golden gophers and a happy duck. Both lost. This week, he’s going with the Killer Whales and the Godzillas. The next best thing is the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes -2½ hosting the Tulane Green Wave. That is one (kind of an ugly green) wave against multiple Hurricanes. Mike also likes the Washington State Cougars +3 on the road against the Stanford Cardinal. It’s a color for goodness sake. The cougars will run right past the dancing tree. Steve picked against his Saints again: The Vikings -1 at home. He also likes the Steelers -8 at home against the Cleveland Browns. They’ll have to avoid overtime in the rematch to cover the 8 points! Greg thinks both Bay area teams have turned the corner: he likes the 49’ers at the Phoenix Cardinals (pick-em), and the Raiders +3 hosting the Indianapolis Colts. Alan decided to give serious consideration to his picks this week. He was still calculating as we went to press. He finally blurted out the Eagles -3 in London against the tanking Jacksonville Jaguars. And he went with Florida +7 against the Georgia Bulldogs in the "world's largest outdoor cocktail party." Given more time, he would have made 2 absolutely certain selections.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM failed to hit last week and inched up to $3,429 for this week . . . play a $5 card and it’s paid out to any to whoever picks all 15 games (any ties split).
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: We had $112 carryover from this past Monday so the squares are worth $88 each for this coming Monday’s Bills/Patriots game. “The Grid” pays the first three quarters and the final score . . . you must be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- On The Board! This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, NHL Hockey, NBA Basketball, the World Series, Canadian Football League, the Sunday NASCAR First Data 500 (down to 8 drivers for the Monster Energy Cup) and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
Just Gotta Mention These "Days"
- Today is World Pasta Day, not to be confused with National Pasta Day which was last Wednesday. Since pasta is obviously the “message,” we will tempt you with the three most popular pasta dishes in CV Steak: The Seafood Linguini with shrimp, scallops and diced lobster; the Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo and the Mushroom Ravioli (served as an appetizer or entrée).
- Friday is Pumpkin Day. Not that an excuse is needed, but if you want to show your support, you could always order a slice of pumpkin pie in Katie’s or take home a whole pumpkin pie from the Katie’s Bakery Counter!
- Saturday is Cranky Coworker Day. Not a problem since the “crank” probably is off Saturdays!
- Tuesday is Haunted Refrigerator Night, supposedly “best celebrated by cleaning out the horrors that live deep within your icebox.” So, if someone invites you to celebrate this “holiday” with dinner at their house, immediately counter with an offer to buy them dinner in Katie’s or CV Steak!
- a Free Chocolate Shoppe Gift and Manicure Set for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Presents as hot seat prizes
- Point Multipliers Friday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Friday in October. Watch those points add up fast and use them for dining, FreePlay, Katie’s Bakery products and more!
- Giveaways Friday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for our giveaway drawings for cash and FreePlay.
- $55,000 Giveaways Promotion Grand Prize Drawings Saturday: Join us at 6 and 8 PM at the CVI for Thirty (30) - $500 Winners (cash & FreePlay) Guaranteed between CVI and Sharkey’s (Sharkey’s drawings at 5 and 7 PM.)
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members can swipe at the casino kiosk once on Monday for Your Reward. Could be FreePlay, a Free Food offer, a Free Multiplier or a Free Gift!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! Our Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Syrah Braised Bison Osso Bucco slow-cooked with vegetables, wine, herbs and natural pan sauce; served with a potato cauliflower puree for $35.00. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Adam Donald tonight, Voodoo Cowboys Thursday - Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Cliff & Dave next Tuesday and Wednesday. Adam Donald brings an upbeat and entertaining solo show with a heavy arsenal of songs mixing today’s hits with some old country favorites. Playing together since 2009, the Voodoo Cowboys are the life of the party with their dance-inducing, hard drivin' style whether playing country music (and not the cryin' in your beer stuff) or an impressive selection of classic rock ‘n’ roll. Cliff & Dave is powerhouse singer/gospel drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread. The Duo provides an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!