Probably Not Going to Happen!
|Read the Yellow Sign. |
NOT Going to Happen with These Guys!
The sights and sounds in the Carson Valley will get progressively more active over the next few days as this weekend’s Aviation Roundup draws closer. As one of the major sponsors of this event we have had unique opportunities this week to talk to some of the performers and learn more about the various vendors and the many ground aircraft displays. Pretty obvious to us that being at the airport this Saturday or Sunday is the only way to get the full experience of the incredibly broad scope of this aviation extravaganza. Also, and being quite candid, by buying tickets, attending, and supporting the vendors, you are helping to make it possible to continue bringing world-class performers to the Carson Valley. More information is on this website and tickets are available either online or at Raley's Gardnerville. We’ll be there – please join us!
The Veterans Day weekend Core 4 Comedy Show is only four weeks away and with all the activities in our Valley over the next few weeks, it will be “comedy time” before you know it! Headliner Brian Lee was in town last week and recorded the above invitation while he checked out the Valley Ballroom setting. Joining Brian are Host Jeff Anderson, Special Guest Luke Westberg and Feature Act Andy Picarro. Just $20 for the four-barreled dose of laughs and fun so get it on your calendar and buy your tickets online or at our hotel desk.
Fall brings thoughts of pumpkin patches and images of haunted forests – and so the staff in our bakery “went seasonal!” Last week they added a Mini Black Forest Cake to our daily offerings at the Katie’s Bakery Counter. And this Friday, they’re starting the fall run of fresh-made Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake. Our bakery team arrives very early every day of the week and they churn out the variety of baked good for sale at the Katie’s Bakery Counter and in Job's Perk . . . plus the many incredibly tasty desserts served in Katie’s and CV Steak. Want an excuse to deviate from your watch-the-waistline diet? Try some of our scrumptious offerings Sunday which just happens to be World Dessert Day!
Looking for a Job?
Our HR Team will be at the Fall 2018 Job Expo this Thursday, October 11 at the C.V.I.C. Hall on Esmeralda Ave. in Minden. The event runs from 11:00AM to 3:00PM, you can apply on the spot and we’ll be looking to fill openings at all four of our properties: Carson Valley Inn in Minden, Sharkey’s in Gardnerville, Bodines in south Carson City and SlotWorld on Hwy 50 East in Carson.
Football at the Inn
- The Forty Niners play this coming Monday so we’ll have some Niners and Packers shirts and hats to give away during the game.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $3,183 for this week . . . play a $5 card and it’s yours if you pick all 15 games (ties are split). If no one hits it, goes higher next week.
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: Squares are worth $64 each for this coming Monday’s Niners/Packers game. You have to be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- Our Guys Picks! Another average week for the guys giving 4 winners and 4 losers. Greg had the only 2 & 0 for the week. To further emphasis the parody of our picks through 5 weeks each of our four prognosticators are 5 & 5. We look to improve on the overall records with Greg taking the Ravens -3 at the Titans & the Bears -3 at the Dolphins. Steve loves the Cardinals +10 ½ at the Vikings and Troy -9 at Liberty. Alan is rolling on the Eagles -3 at the Giants and the Bengals -2 ½ vs. the Steelers. Mike is taking the over 57 ½ of the Iowa St. vs. West Virginia and Central Florida -4 ½ at Memphis
- Beer & Snacks: Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI. Our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- Lots on the Board! This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, NHL Hockey, the Major League Baseball Playoffs, Canadian Football League, the Sunday NASCAR 1000Bulbs.com 500 and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
A Nod to Our Carson Cousins
|Pulled Pork Sandwich a Favorite at SlotWorld|
- Thursday is Sausage Pizza Day. We’ve touted it before and we’ll say it again: There’s nothing like a fresh-made pizza cooked to order in the special brick pizza oven at Bodines Casino. Each pizza starts with hand-tossed dough to which we add the specific ingredients you request. The 600° cooking surface produces a pizza crisp on the bottom and bubbling on top. Ready?
- Friday is Pulled Pork Day. We defer to our other “Carson cousin” SlotWorld Casino on this one. Betsy’s Big Kitchen serves a very popular Pulled Pork Sandwich – smothered in cole slaw and served on a French roll with fries for just $4.99 . . . a combination of taste and value that’s hard to beat!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free Chocolate Shoppe Gift for the first 150 ladies and Chocolate Shoppe Baskets as hot seat prizes
- Point Multipliers Friday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Friday in October. Watch those points add up fast and use them for dining, FreePlay, Katie’s Bakery products and more!
- Friday and Saturday Giveaways: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for our giveaway drawings for cash and FreePlay.
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members can swipe at the casino kiosk once on Monday for Your Reward. Could be FreePlay, a Free Food offer, a Free Multiplier or a Free Gift!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Jamie Rollins tonight, Revival Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and the Tany Jane Duo next Tuesday thru Thursday. Jamie Rollins is an upbeat and experienced entertainer, performing a variety of music from country to rock, to classic oldies and R&B – plus a few his own songs. Revival recreates the music of the '60s, '70s, and '80s, with a stunning accuracy and precision that's rarely found in today's live music scene. They will take you from the British invasion, through the muddy fields of Woodstock, to the diverse songs of the 80's like no one else can. The Tany Jane Duo plays a wide variety of music from many different genres and time periods, everything from old country to today's hits. Tany Jane is guitarist and backup singer Eric Stangeland and Cabaret scene veteran Brittany Maggert.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.