2018 Concerts in TJ’s Corral
We’re not sure we understand all the cosmic jargon surrounding today’s trifecta of a super moon, a blue moon and a total lunar eclipse but we figure this galactic confluence is the perfect backdrop to announce three of the concerts we have scheduled so far for TJ’s Corral this summer. Granger Smith will be returning to perform tunes from his latest album When The Good Guys Win on Saturday evening, June 16. Just short of two weeks later, Clint Black will command the stage in TJ’s Corral on Friday, June 29 performing his classic hits plus new favorites from his On Purpose album. Multiple ACM Award winner Trace Adkins makes a TJ’s Corral stop on his How Did We Get Here Tour on Saturday, July 14. Watch our weekly blog and our social media for information on when tickets will be available for these concerts and for announcements on additional concerts.
Super Sunday at the Inn
|Sorry, You'll Just Have to Figure Out |
What We Really Mean by Super Sunday!
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during the game in the Cabaret Lounge, at the Cabaret Bar and at the CV Steak Bar. We’ll be glad to bring your bar bites order to you at your seat!
- The $5,000 Progressive Pro PK'EM will be given away this week! Our 15-pick card has the winner, over/under and 13 “props” all tied to various occurrences during the game such as first or last team to score, largest lead, margin of victory, etc. You can play this same $5 card as often as you’d like at CVI, Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Casino and Slot World Casino. Whoever picks the most out of 15 wins the $5,000 Jackpot and any ties will be split! As for those giant Super Game progressive jackpots advertised elsewhere? Remember you are wagering against players at a few hundred locations around Nevada. We like our odds a whole lot better with just four casinos!
- Six Pages of Crazy Prop Bets: this is your chance to let your imagination run amok with the many different propositions on what will or will not happen before and during the Super Bowl game. Our suggestion: latch onto these sheets of listings early, give yourself plenty of time to ponder, and then just throw darts to determine which way to bet! Don’t like the way you’re doing after the first half? Come on down at halftime and jump in on our variety of half-time wagers.
- $160 Super Sunday Football Grid in Our Poker Room: Win squares by making a Full House or higher in live action Texas Hold’ em or any hand of Tens Full or higher in Pineapple or Omaha. Grid numbers will be drawn on Sunday, February 4 when the board is full and the payout is $40 each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters and for final score. You don’t have to be present to win, but winners do need to pick up your cash by the end of the business day Monday.
- Wherever You Look, The Game Will Be On! Catch the action on the big screen in our Cabaret Lounge or one of the many flat screens in the Casino Bar/Lounge Area, in the Pit Area, at the CV Steak Bar and in the Poker Room.
- Drawings After the Game: Stop in the casino after the game where we’ll have Hot Seat Drawings with the chance to win up to $1,000. Use your INN Club card while playing to be eligible!
|They Took Home $99,000 from the CVI|
Will You e Be Next?
$99,000 Penny Progressive Winners
Congratulations to lucky locals Michael and Linda for winning our $99,000 Penny Progressive Jackpot late last week at the Carson Valley Inn! The Penny Progressive Jackpot grows quickly because you can play at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Casino, SlotWorld Casino and CVI. Will you be next?
Valentine’s Day Dining
Make CV Steak Reservations Now!
Make CV Steak Reservations Now!
|Want One? Read the Article for Info|
First, the big picture: both Katie's and CV Steak are offering their regular menu selections plus specials on Valentine's Day, Wednesday, February 14. The specials in CV Steak start with Châteaubriand for Two - roasted beef tenderloin carved tableside and served with béarnaise sauce and a Cabernet demi-glaze plus a special holiday dessert for two. The Grilled Salmon Oscar includes a salmon fillet served with crab meat, asparagus, béarnaise sauce and port wine glaze plus holiday dessert. Both specials include the CV Steak signature tableside tossed salad, sourdough baguette, creamery butter, and choice of twice-baked, baked or au gratin potatoes. Katie's is serving two Valentine’s Day specials; a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner and Angel Hair Pasta Shrimp Scampi. Get the hours, pricing and more details in the flyer at this link. As for that Be Mine Cake pictured? These full-size Valentine Heart-Shape white and red velvet cakes swirled with buttercream icing will be available at Katie’s Bakery Counter February 10 to 14 for $20.
Sporting Clays Event Sold Out
Please Don’t Miss Stag Golf Outing
Please Don’t Miss Stag Golf Outing
Whew – what a rush of entries over the last two weeks for our Winter Sporting Clays Shoot on February 22 – 24. Thanks to your interest and support this event is now Sold Out. Entries have also started coming in briskly for our Spring Stag Golf Outing at the end of April with rounds at the Golf Club at Genoa Lakes and Toiyabe Golf Club. Please don’t miss out on this 36-hole scramble with a Thursday evening reception, golf on Friday and Saturday, a Saturday banquet and more . . . click here for more info or call Greg at 775-783-6615.
Breakfast, Cake and Soup!
- February is National Hot Breakfast Month. We have plenty of breakfast choices whether you’re near Katie’s at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden, the Jackpot Café in Sharkey’s Casino in Gardnerville, Betsy’s Big Kitchen in Slot World Casino on Highway 50 E. in Carson City or the restaurant at Bodines Casino on the south end of Carson City. Since the celebration spans the entire month, why not try to make all four of these breakfast stops at least once during February!
- Saturday is National Carrot Cake Day. Order a slice for yourself or to share in Katie’s or bring home a whole carrot cake from the Katie’s Bakery Country and, after a celebratory taste on Saturday, feature it as dessert at your Super Bowl party on Sunday. And here’s a friendly remember that according to the law of I read it on the internet so it has to be true, “Either a slice or a whole cake, you can indulge without guilt! It’s carrot cake after all!”
- Sunday is Homemade Soup Day. Since we make all of our soups right here at the CVI, we have cause to help you celebrate all month long! In addition to our long-standing and popular Navy Bean Soup which is served every day, here is the lineup for the “second soup” in Katie’s during February:
- Mondays: Tuscan 3 Bean Soup
- Tuesdays: Green Chicken Chili
- Wednesdays: Minestrone Soup
- Thursdays: Chicken Noodle Soup
- Fridays: Clam Chowder
- Saturdays: Garden Vegetable Soup
- Sundays: Corn Chowder
In the Casino
- a Chocolate Shoppe Roca Pizza “slice” Chocolate Shoppe
- Free Meals Mondays and Wednesdays Continues in February: Earn just 100 points (before any multipliers) on any Monday or Wednesday through February and swipe at the casino kiosk for a certificate for a free meal from our special Player’s Menu! Choices include our All-American Breakfast, any omelet, a cheeseburger or any of our six $7.99 Plates. You keep the points!
- Free Cash & Free Play Friday: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for our Weekly Cash & Free Play Drawings. You’re earning one free entry into the Friday drawings for every five base points you earn during the month.
- Multiply Your Points Saturday: Saturdays in February INN Club members earn 4X Points on video reel slots and Double Points on video poker slots. So be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and multiply the benefits of your play every Saturday in February.
- Hot Seat Mondays: Every Monday in February we’re doing hot seat drawings between 2 and 8 PM with a chance to win up to Five Hundred Dollars! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing in our casino and you may just be called for one of our Monday hot seat prizes!
- Free Toyota Corolla Giveaway: It’s coming up soon on Saturday, February 10 and you’re adding a Golden Entry Ticket to your account for this car giveaway for every 500 points you earn up until then. Don’t need a new car? We’ll give you a chance to opt for a cash payout if you wish.
- $200,000 Cash & Freeplay Giveaway: The drawings for this lucrative promotion start Friday, February 16 but you start earning entry tickets February 1 – one ticket for every 5 points you tally. And be sure to catch next week’s blog for more on how we’ll be distributing the $200,000 February 16 – March 31.
- At the Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet the Super Bowl, NHL, NBA and NCAA Basketball and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the Daytona 500 (February 18), NCAA Basketball Championship, The Masters (April 5-8), FIFA World Cup Russia™ (June 14 – July 15), NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup, World Series and NASCAR Monster Energy Series.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it's Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks: two boar shanks braised and slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge:
Bill Wharton tonight, Buddy Emmer Band, Thursday thru Saturday, Super Bowl throughout the Cabaret and Casino Sunday and Paul Covarelli Monday through Wednesday. Local artist Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. The Buddy Emmer Band is a longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit. The group’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40 hits. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Paul Covarelli displays exceptional versatility on hits from artists like The Beatles, Merle Haggard and Jimmy Buffet plus the sounds of jazz, blues and Latin.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn, so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!