|Minden Park Gazebo Lights Up This Friday|
Just Two Blocks from CVI
Christmas Kickoff Weekend!
The next three nights will be filled with Christmas Kickoff traditions within walking distance of either the Carson Valley Inn, Sharkeys Casino or both! Since many people stop in before or after these events for dinner, a cocktail or to warm up, here’s a quick rundown: Thursday evening is the Gardnerville Christmas Kickoff at Heritage Park just across the street from Sharkey’s Casino. Friday evening is the Minden Park Gazebo Lighting just two short blocks from the Carson Valley Inn. And Saturday evening is the annual Parade of Lights that connects our two properties as it traverses south on Highway 395 from Heritage Park to Esmeralda Street in downtown Minden. And if you’re near Genoa on Friday or Saturday, be sure to check this link for information on the Town of Genoa’s Friday evening festivities and Saturday morning Breakfast with Santa.
Disney and Christmas Combine at CVI
|Disney and Christmas Collide|
in CVI Hotel Lobby
- Today is French Toast Day. No need to mess up your kitchen because Katie's serves French Toast (4 slices from our house-baked demi loaves) or Super French Toast (add in 2 eggs any style and 3 slices of bacon or 3 sausage links). Either way, we own the cleanup!
- Saturday is Eat a Red Apple Day. It's great in concept, but practically speaking we suggest a slice of apple pie in Katie's or take-home a whole apple pie from Katie's Bakery Counter. Alternatively, order the Apple Bread Pudding for dessert in CV Steak. Granted you’d have to consume a bunch of bread pudding to get a full apple equivalent, but “tis the season!”
- Sunday is Fritters Day. The most popular fritter is an Apple fritter and, as luck would have it, we make ‘em right here in our Bakery and sell ‘em in Job’s Perk. Not a fritter fan – grab an Apple Danish!
- Monday is Walt Disney Day. Can't make it to Disneyland or Disney World on Monday? No problem, just come by the Carson Valley Inn and check out the Disney-themed Christmas tree in the hotel lobby! Look carefully – lots of subtle Disney touches in addition to the obvious!
- Tuesday is Dice Day. If you like to watch them roll perhaps you'd like to learn a little more about the game Craps? Our giant craps slot just inside the casino entrance is perfect: you can watch, play without others looking at you, or study the many help screens!
Apron Contest Highlights Tonight’s
Ladies’ Night Fun & Prizes!
Ladies’ Night Fun & Prizes!
|We're Giving Away 150 of These Tonight|
- We’re expanding your fun and prizes for Ladies’ Night today from 530 to 8:30 PM! We’ll start with a Free Hallmark “Snow One Like You” Figurine for the first 150 ladies and All Wrapped Up Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes. earlier this month? Wear yours tonight and you qualify for prizes in two different ways:
- The Participation Trophy Approach: Everyone who wears one of the CVI Aprons we distributed, and has done even the slightest modicum of decorating (stains count!), will have their name entered “into the drum” for drawings for prizes including Cash & FreePlay up to $500.
- The Winners Approach: Our panel of unflappable judges will pick the top five best decorated Aprons for prizes including Cash, FreePlay & Gift Baskets.
KTVN's Jamie Hays Interview with Food Closet Chairman Don McRoberts
Share Your Christmas Food Drive Almost Here!
Share Your Christmas Food Drive Almost Here!
Thinking about what to donate at the upcoming KTVN Share Your Christmas Food Drive? Here’s a link to the 2018 Most Wanted Items. Can’t decide which way to go? We asked Sarah Sanchez, Director of the Carson Valley Community Food Closet (recipient of all CVI location donations) for the “top five.” She came back with these six: Jelly, Soup, Canned Fruits and Veggies, Heat and Eats (chili, ravioli, etc.), Boxed Mixes (rice-a-roni type items) and Baking Items (flour, sugar, baking soda, etc.). You’ll notice that perishables are not on the long or short list . . . those are purchased by the Food Closet all year from the Northern Nevada Food Bank . . . so money is also a welcome donation! We’ll see you here on Friday, December 7 in our west parking lot from 6 AM to 6 PM!
Some New Katie’s Daily Specials in December
Katie’s is one of the best dining values in Carson Valley and as December roles in this Saturday, a few changes in our daily specials will continue this tradition! Remember, this is the lineup starting Saturday so mark your favorites and be sure to join us!
- Monday’s new December special is Chicken Pot Pie with a flakey crust for $6.99 served from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Tuesdays in December you can enjoy our Chicken Taco and Beef Burrito with enchilada sauce, cheese, rice and beans for $6.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Wednesday will continue as Italian Day in Katie's with three new Italian specials starting December 5: Tortellini in Cream Sauce with mushrooms, peas & ham for $5.99; Chicken Piccata for $6.99 and Chicken Alfredo in Parmesan cream sauce for $6.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Thursdays, Katie's will start serving a Pork Vera Cruz: pork cutlets grilled & topped with piquant mild tomato sauce Azteca style for $6.99 from 11 AM to 10 PM.
- Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's will continue to offer a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 from 4 to 10 PM.
- Katie's popular Sunday special will also continue with "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10 PM.
Pardon Our Carpet Fuzz
Starting next week we will begin re-carpeting our casino, a project we have scheduled on Monday through Thursday over the next two weeks. During this time, slots will be moved around to accommodate the process and your favorite slot or table game may be unavailable for a few hours. Of special note: the front casino entrance will be closed off from 4 AM to noon this coming Monday to facilitate this project. Please don’t interpret that to mean we are closed . . . . It’s all part of our ongoing process of renewing, refreshing, refurbishing and remodeling the CVI!
Football and Other Sports at the Inn
- Our Guys Picks! Another pathetic (sorry, but the word fits) week for "Our Guys." Greg went 2 & 0 and the other three were a collective 0 & 6. According to one of the quartet, “We are thankful there are only four weeks left of this abhorrent exercise of awful hypothesizing!” So, without further ado here are the Week 12 picks: Greg will take UCF -3 against Memphis and the Jets +9 ½ at the Titans. Steve is sticking with betting against the Saints which has been a loser the past three weeks . . . give him the Cowboys +8 and the over 53 in the same game. Mike sticks to the college route taking the Texas Longhorns +7 ½ vs. Oklahoma and Boise St. -2 ½ against the Fresno Bulldogs. Alan loves the Raiders +15 against the Chiefs and Appalachian St. -17 ½ against Louisiana Lafayette.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM jackpot is inching close to four thousand dollars as $3,973 is in the pot for whoever picks this week’s 15 winners or props straight up on a $5 Card (play as many as you wish). Any ties are split.
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: $330 is available for this coming Monday’s Redskins/Eagles game: That’s $82 and change for the first three quarters and the final score. You must be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- On The Board This Week: NCAA and NFL Football, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
This Week in the Casino
- $75,000 Holiday Giveaways Promotion Drawings Friday: Join us at 6 & 8 PM for the November Grand Prize Drawings (more on December 22) for cash and FreePlay!
- $75,000 Holiday Giveaways Promotion Saturday: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for drawings for cash and FreePlay!
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Saturday in December. Use your rapidly accumulating points for FreePlay, dining, Katie’s Bakery products, hotel stays and more!
- Ladies Only Poker Tournament Sunday: It’s the first Sunday of the month . . . Time for the ladies to gather for the monthly Ladies Only Poker Tournament starting at 4 PM.
- Guaranteed FreePlay Monday: Use your card while playing and you are the guaranteed winner of $7 - $10 in FreePlay for each 250 points you earn Monday up to 1,250 points! The FreePlay downloads automatically to your account with accompanying graphics and sounds!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday is Elk Tenderloin Tips sautéed with mushrooms and cabernet demi, served over peppered pappardelle pasta for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Jeff Campbell tonight, After Dark Band Thursday - Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Steve Lord next Tuesday. Jeff Campbell is a vocalist, impassioned songwriter and lifelong musician . . . an emotional, evocative poet with a rock lover’s heart! The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with the guys in this award-winning band from the Gold Country and Hwy 88 corridor. With a great variety of rock and roll, country, blues and R & B, their “must not miss” show is filled with the songs you know and love and the energy of the group creates a party just waiting for you to join in. Steve Lord, a guitarist with dynamic vocals, is man of a thousand songs presenting an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!