- Great show at our Nashville Nights Showcase in the Valley Ballroom last Friday! Joey Whitacre our Director of Casino Operations and Marketing and Rob Brooks our Entertainment Manager, created a cozy and comfortable atmosphere and the vibe was spot on! The two are working on another Nashville Nights Showcase for the end of March – we’ll have word in our weekly blog as soon as we pin down the details.
- Two of our TJs Corral concert alumni have songs in the Billboard Top 10 this week: Dustin Lynch’s “Seein’ Red” is #5 and Chris Young’s “Sober Saturday Night” featuring Vince Gill is at #9. If we could get one of these two artists back for 2017, which one would you pick? Let us know in the Comments section below.
- Speaking of 2017 . . . We know you are clamoring for news on even more TJ’s Corral concerts for 2017 and if you’ve been one of our blog readers for a while, you know the news usually breaks here first. So for now we’ll just remind you of these two already-announced: Wynonna and the Big Noise Tour on Saturday night, April 29 (tickets are on sale now and are over half sold) and the Marshall Tucker Band on Friday night, July 28 (ticket availability will be announced in a future Wednesday morning blog).
Assorted Useful Info – Links to Save:
- Working at the CVI Is a Good Gig and you can check out the open positions today or anytime on the CVI employment page on our website.
- Bartenders Rule – So It Seems:Bartender Appreciation DayWorld Bartender Daythe one we found
- Start on Your Taxes Yet? It’s less than 8 weeks ‘til the filing deadline and if your tax return includes the need for a Win-Loss Report from your gaming activities at the CVI, here’s a link to the Request Form. Reminder: we can only report what you won or lost while playing using your INN Club card, so be sure to use your card anytime you sit down at a slot machine or table game!
- Getting to and from the Carson Valley Inn has more alternatives these days, and here are some helpful links:
- Minden Taxi (775-265-7060) has been providing service around the Carson Valley for 17 Years.
- The Carson Valley Airporter runs scheduled shuttles between the CVI and Reno Airport multiple times each day.
- The Ride-sharing Services Lyft and Uber are both available for trekking to and from the CVI.
- An Eclectic Mix of Rural Nevada and Mardi GrasAustin’s House Cowboy Mardi Gras
- What Else is Going On In Carson Valley? Carson Valley Visitors Authority Calendarthis calendar
- A Popular Year-Round Gift: CVI Gift Cardsthis link
- Oops – We Had This One Wrong Last Week: National Margarita Day. It is actually today, Wednesday. We do occasionally make mistakes in this weekly blog . . . and even more occasionally we “fess up!” Tuesday was
|Thursday, Friday & Saturday Nights in the Cabaret Lounge!|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Steve Lord tonight, Art Mulcahy and the Roadside Flare Thursday through Saturday, Bill Wharton Sunday and Monday and Patrick Major next Tuesday and Wednesday. Country singer/songwriter/guitarist Art Mulcahy grew up in Key West, Florida, found his home in Sacramento, and graduated with a degree in guitar (as opposed to our blog writer who, at best, majored in "air guitar"). His songs are influenced by all varieties of Country, R & B, a touch of Reggae and a pinch of Metal. Riveted in his experiences, Art writes with raw emotion - truthful and unfiltered. Having spent 7 years as a United States Marine, Art knows what it is like to hurt, bleed and work hard. A “guy next door,” he will make you laugh, make you cry and make you feel like the most important person in the room.
In the Casino
- Chocolate Shoppe
- Golden Ticket Days: Today through Friday. Stop by the Promo kiosk to see how many Golden Tickets you have earned 'cause they have been piling up for you at the rate of one Golden Ticket for every 100 points you've accumulated since January 1!
- $1,000 Guaranteed Friday: Free Cash and Getaway Giveaways Promotion drawings at 5, 7 and 9 PM. $1,000 in some combination of Cash, Free Play and Trips is guaranteed!
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play!
- Golden Ticket Drawings Saturday: We’re giving away a guaranteed total of $20,000 in Cash and Freeplay between CVI and Bodines Casino and we’ll have 10 winners each at 6 and 8 p.m. at the CVI!
- February Scratcher Drawings Tuesday: Join us at 6 and 8 p.m. for the chance to win up to $5,000.
- Penny Progressive Over $67,000: this Progressive Jackpot can only be won on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet the NBA, College Basketball, NHL and the NASCAR Daytona 500. Futures on the board include winners for NCAA Basketball Championship, Masters, NBA Championship, NHL Stanley Cup and World Series.
- Poker Room: Our two new Friday and Saturday high-hand-of-the-hour promotions and our new Saturday night Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament both started off strong last weekend. A
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Thursday is National Chili Day. Since the CVI has been the site of many chili cook-off events over the years – both sanctioned and non-sanctioned – we have been drilled in the protocol of the “proper” definition of chili. So, with blatant disrespect to the purists, we will simply say that Job’s Perk features our special 3-Pepper Chili & Beans every day starting at 11 AM – enjoy a bowl or a chili dog. And if chili is not your thing, we also feature clam chowder in Job’s Perk every day. Whichever you choose, it’s got to sound good after the last three days of weather we have experienced!
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Braised Buffalo Short Ribs for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!