|Bill Henderson Shows Comedian Brian Lee "The Hook" Nevada Style!|
As Tim Parsons says in his story about our upcoming Comedy Show in this article on Tahoe Onstage: Brian Lee transitioned from a fighting man to a funny man. “I entered the Army four days before the first Gulf War,” he said. “It ended 100 hours later. That’s no coincidence.” After 24 years with both the Army and Navy, Lee now is an 18-year comedy veteran. His four-comic troupe is called Core 4 Comedy and it kicks off the Veterans Day weekend with an appearance on Saturday, Nov. 10 in our Valley Ballroom. Joining Brian are Host Jeff Anderson, Special Guest Luke Westberg and Feature Act Andy Picarro. Just $20 for the four-barreled dose of laughs and fun . . . buy your tickets (just $20) online or at our hotel desk!
NBA Returns – Here’s Our Starting 5
With the start of the NBA regular season yesterday, we’re naming our “starting five” bar snacks you can have delivered to your seat whether you’re watching basketball, football, or any other sport in the cabaret lounge, seated at the cabaret bar or gaming! While these snacks don’t photograph as well as real NBA players, they all taste great! The upper left is the Breakfast Burrito which also includes a free Bloody Mary or Budweiser draft, all for $5.99. The Bagel Sandwich is in the upper center – a fried egg, your choice of sausage patty or bacon and cheddar cheese on a toasted bagel served with hash brown patties for $5.99. The upper right is the Pound of Buffalo Wings with celery and ranch dressing for $7.99. In the lower left is our Cheese Quesadilla with sausage and jalapenos for $5.99. And in the lower right, Two Beef Tacos with salsa for $4.99. A good starting five is only as effective with solid bench players. So, not pictured are our Hamburger or Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion and American cheese on a sesame seed bun for $7.99 and our Chicken Strips and Fries basket for $5.99.
If a Picture’s Worth 1000 Words . . .
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then is one word worth a thousand pictures? Either way, click here (one word!) for a Facebook Public Community Forum with over 100 of the many hundreds of Aviation Roundup pictures and videos posted locally. Of you can also click here for an image collection from The Record Courier.
Thanksgiving “Dinner to Go” Returns
The CVI Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for Up to Ten is back again this year and we’re taking orders now! This approach is perfect for those who prefer to enjoy Thanksgiving in a home environment but don’t want the full load of preparing dinner from scratch. Our Thanksgiving Dinner to Go for up to Ten includes a fully-cooked 18 - 20 pound turkey plus all the trimmings including mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans amandine, cranberry sauce, a pumpkin pie, rolls and butter all for just $89.00 plus tax. Orders may be placed anytime up to noon on Monday, November 19 (or until sold out) at the Katie's cashier counter or call 775-783-6664 and ask for the Katie's supervisor. Pick up is next to the hotel front desk just inside the Valley Ballroom entrance at your requested time between 10 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. The turkey will be hot and the rest is cooked and will simply need re-heating per the enclosed instructions. Last year we Sold Out Early so if this sounds good, please don’t wait too long!
Football at the Inn
|His Appearance Drove One of "Our Guys' Picks!|
- Our Guys Picks! Another week with a 3–5 record so let’s see how these picks fair for the coming weekend: Mike is again going the college route but since he went 0-2 last week he’s trying a new approach and making his picks based on mascots he likes. To that end, he’s taking the Minnesota Golden Gophers +3½ versus the Nebraska Corn Huskers and the Oregon Ducks +2½ playing the Washington State Cougars. Steve thinks the NFL high-scoring will continue and laid the following two choices of on our desk: over 54½ for the Giants/Falcons game and over 58 ½ on the Bengals/Chiefs game. Greg, who might as well just throw darts at the board, is going all-New York with the Jets +3½ against the Vikings and the Giants +6 over the Falcons. Finally, diehard Eagles fan Alan jumped in with over 45½ on the Eagles/Panthers game and the Buccaneers -3½ vs. the Browns.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM jackpot jumped to $3,320 for this week . . . play a $5 card and it’s yours if you pick all 15 games. If more than one of you “hits” them all, the pot is split. If no one hits it, the amount goes higher next week.
- Monday Night Football Poker Room Grid: Squares are worth $56 each for this coming Monday’s Giants/Falcons game. You have to be present to win and any unclaimed winnings roll to the following week. Check the details on this page.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- The Board is Jammed! This week you can bet NCAA and NFL Football, NHL Hockey, NBA Basketball, the Baseball ALCS and NCLS, Canadian Football League, the Sunday NASCAR Hollywood Casino 400 and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the World Series, NASCAR Monster Energy Series, the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Football Championship, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
It’s Not All About Food
(Actually, It Kinda Is)
(Actually, It Kinda Is)
|Just 9 of our six dozen-plus CVI Front-of-the-House Staff|
- Today is Take Your Parents to Lunch Day. We really don't advocate waiting for this special day each year. Bring them into Katie's any day of the year for lunch or, for a special treat, enjoy the Sunset Special in CV Steak . . . It’s a 3-course $21 special served 4:30 - 5:30 daily except holidays and special events.
- Thursday is Chocolate Cupcake Day. One of our best sellers at the Katie's Bakery Counter . . . $1.99 for one or four for $6!
- Saturday is Waiters Day. We salute and thank all our front-of –the-house food service personnel . . . not always an easy job especially when we're jammin'!
- Sunday is Apple Day. When it's your turn to "bring a dessert," save all the fuss and bother by stopping by the Katie's Bakery Counter and picking up one of our fresh-made apple pies to take along!
- Tuesday is Boston Cream Pie Day. In case you missed it last week, Mini Boston Cream Pie just returned to our bakery offerings. Enjoy one for dessert in Katie's, or take one home for later!
This Week in the Casino
- a Free 12-Piece Flatware Set for the first 150 ladies and Shelly Camp Baskets as hot seat prizes
- Point Multipliers Friday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day every Friday in October. Watch those points add up fast and use them for dining, FreePlay, Katie’s Bakery products and more!
- Friday and Saturday Giveaways: Join us at 5, 7 and 9 PM for our giveaway drawings for cash and FreePlay.
- Your Rewards Monday: INN Club members can swipe at the casino kiosk once on Monday for Your Reward. Could be FreePlay, a Free Food offer, a Free Multiplier or a Free Gift!
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM! The Friday and Saturday night special in Katie’s is Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp for $14.99 served from 4 PM.
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $20. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Tany Jane Duo tonight and Thursday, John Dawson Band Friday and Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Monday nights and Adam Donald next Tuesday and Wednesday. The Tany Jane Duo plays a wide variety of music from many different genres and time periods, everything from old country to today's hits. Tany Jane is guitarist and backup singer Eric Stangeland and Cabaret scene veteran Brittany Maggert. The John Dawson Band is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. The quintet includes Mitch (Lead Guitar), Brian (keys), J.B. (Bass), Jhan (drums) and John Dawson (vocals and guitar). Adam Donald brings an upbeat and entertaining solo show with a heavy arsenal of songs mixing today’s hits with some old country favorites.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by
calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!