Uncle Kracker Next in TJ’s
Uncle Kracker is next on our 2019 Concert Schedule and his appearance on Saturday, June 29 will be here before you know it. It’s always a party when Uncle Kracker performs, and his appearance in conjunction with the Mike Tice Annual Charity Weekend "For The Kids" will be no exception. Get tickets now for Uncle Kracker and for all our remaining 2019 Concerts by clicking here and mark these additional upcoming concerts are on your calendar: Joan Jett and the Blackhearts on July 4, Dwight Yoakam on July 26 (Sold Out), Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo on July 31, Martina McBride on August 4 and Loverboy on August 9. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for additional concert news.
Last Saturday’s Kenny G concert was a big hit with the audience and you couldn’t ask for a more personable and crowd-relating performer! From his entrance through the crowd until the end of the concert, Kenny was entertaining, engaging and funny! Our friends at Tahoe Onstage did a quick recap filled with great pictures by Larry Sabo.
On this week over the last 5 years: "Small Town Boy" Dustin Lynch brought us "Cowboys and Angels" on June 13, 2014; Aaron Watson gave us "That Look" and more on June 16, 2017 and Granger Smith performed “Backroad Song“, “If The Boot Fits” and many others on June 16, 2018.
Website Heads Up
We'll be doing some upgrades to our website in the next two weeks so please bear with us as we make the transition.Thanks!
Sue Taylor from Santa Cruz was here last week for her grandson’s graduation and her birthday. We sure hope the young man’s graduation envelope got fattened a little after she hit one of our GameMaker HD machines for a $12,020 jackpot on one of the Triple Trouble game choices! Happy Birthday, Sue!!
The first Saturday of our Cash & Getaway Giveaways Promotion went quite well for Mercy White – here’s why: Mercy and her friend Kathy were here to see Kenny G. and she was one of the preliminary qualifiers for the 7:30 PM drawing. She was the luckiest of the ten finalists and had her choice: $1500 in Cash and FreePlay or a free trip to Orlando including airfare for two, 3 night’s accommodations and a 2-Day Park Pass for Universal Studios. Mercy is going to Florida . . . on us!
- Ladies Night Tonight: The fun runs from 5:30 to 8:30PM including Compact Mirrors for the first 150 ladies with 100 of these gifts also including FreePlay! Garden Gourmet Gift Baskets are the hot seat prizes tonight and there will be 3 Bingo Games, 4 Raffles and a weekly drink special!
- Player’s Choice Wednesdays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Hot Seats Thursday: Use your INN Club card while playing in the casino and listen for our Hot Seats drawings from 4 to 8 PM on It's guaranteed Good Times if we call you 'cause you'll win up to $500!
- Point Multiplier Fridays: 5X Points on video reels and 3X Points on video poker, all day.
- Cash & Getaway Giveaways Saturdays: Join us for drawings between 6 & 7:30PM for Trips, Cash, Airfare and FreePlay.
- Point Party Sunday: You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from noon to 7PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. We guarantee the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Sunday.
- Player’s Choice Mondays: Your choice of a Free Food Certificate or Free Slot Play after earning 50 points between 8AM and 8PM on the same day. Swipe at the kiosk to make your choice plus you keep the points!
- Some good action on the board this week including tonight’s NHL Game 7 for the Stanley Cup, Thursday night’s Game 6 for the NBA Championship, golf’s second 2019 Major, The US Open, Major League Baseball, the College World Series, Women’s World Cup Soccer, WNBA Basketball and Horse Racing. The NASCAR Monster Energy Series is “off” this week.
- Futures Bets: 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup, 2019 World Series, 2020 NCAA Football Championship and 2020 Super Bowl!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s Specials: Wednesday is Lasagna for $7.99 and Thursday is a Pork Chop in Ranchero Sauce for $7.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99. Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $6.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday Katie’s features Chicken Piccata for $7.99 and the Tuesday special is a Burrito Grande, chicken or beef & beans in a flour tortilla covered with enchilada sauce & cheese with Spanish rice for $7.99. The specials on Monday through Saturday are served from 11AM to 10PM.
- CV Steak: Wednesday’s special is Beef Tenderloin Brochette with bell peppers onions, cherry tomato and a spicy sweet and sour sauce for $25. Thursday is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak for $26. This Friday it’s Roasted Stuffed Quail with prosciutto, wild rice pilaf and plum port glaze for $28. Saturday nights CV Steak features Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26. The two Sunday specials this week are King Crab Legs for $32 and Mesquite Smoked C.A.B. Strip Steak Roast cold smoked, slow roasted and finished with a bourbon peppercorn for $27. CV Steak specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm sourdough baguette.
- Chris Twomey tonight: Chris has been writing and playing music around the country since 2003. Born and raised in the Sacramento valley, his roots are deep into a genre of folk-rock. From 2Me to The Diva Kings to Dad's LPs to whatever is next . . . let’s party!!!
- Greg Austin Thursday through Saturday: Greg is a down home, straightforward and to-the-point-of-the-heart singer, songwriter and musician. Greg and his band entertain with a commanding stage presence, a great country voice and top-notch songwriting to back it up.
- Patrick Major Sunday & Monday: Patrick’s style includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. Whether playing tunes from James Taylor to Dave Matthews, or his own compositions, he displays an unequaled emotion with all.
- Cliff and Dave Tuesday and Wednesday: Powerhouse gospel singer/drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread, provide an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!