|Put Your Family in This Picture!|
Many of us who work at CVI and walk through the hotel lobby regularly are now allowing extra time . . . Turns out we are having a blast taking pictures of our guests in front of this display. They all start the same: mom is taking a picture of dad and the kids and then they swap. As soon as we come up and say “let us take a picture of all of you,” they can’t wait to jump in and huddle together in front of the fireplace. Not only are we happy to see all the smiles, but we get to experience all the latest smartphone technology! As you take pictures of or with the various Christmas decoration displays inside the Carson Valley Inn please consider making us part of your social media posts by checking in or tagging us #carsonvalleyinn so we can see and maybe share your posts.Thanks . . . and Merry Christmas!
Share Your Christmas Food Drive in Two Weeks!
In the video above, KTVN's Arianna Bennett and Ryan Canaday introduce Ky Sisson, their third CVI location broadcast partner for the 2017 KTVN Share Your Christmas Community Food Drive on December 8. You can make your drive-through food or cash donation for the Carson Valley Community Food Closet. from 6 AM to 6 PM at our RV Park Entrance. See you then!
Rather than manufacture our own hype, we asked about a dozen Penny Progressive players over the last few days what they would do with the money if they won. While a few answers are unprintable (in a fun way!), the rest ran the gamut and included comments such as “Pay off my bills and take the next day off”, “Buy my dream car”, “Invest for a while then buy a truck and RV”, “Pay off my house”, and “Divide it up between my four grown sons and let them decide how to spend it on their kids. Two of the people we asked have won our Penny Progressive before. When asked what she would do if she won it again, one of them said “I don’t think lightning will hit twice, I’m playing it for the memories!” What would you do? Somebody will get to make that decision as this jackpot
Our Usual Tidbits of Info
|Ready to Dip in a Glass of Milk!|
- Today is Electronic Greetings Day. Since you are undoubtedly reading this on some type of electronic device, consider this as our “Happy Electronics Day” greeting!
- Friday is Bartender Appreciation Day. We asked a half dozen of our bartenders what they would like on bartender appreciation day. Funny thing is, they all were very positive and said they feel appreciated every day. They even like hearing your stories if they aren’t too busy!
- Monday is Cookie Day. With all due respect to those of our readers whose grandmothers makes the best darn cookies in the world, we do have a backup plan: large Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin and Sugar Cookies are baked daily at the CVI and are available at the Katie’s Bakery Counter for $1.50 each or 6 for $6.
- Gardnerville Christmas Kickoff, Thursday, November 30: This seasonally themed evening in Heritage Park is just a block from Sharkey’s Casino and includes musical performances by All About Dance Kids & Joyful Noise Children's Choir, Christmas carolers, a musical light show, horse-drawn wagon rides, photo opportunities with Santa and a Fireworks Finale sponsored by Sharkey’s Casino and Beall’s. Be sure to swing by Sharkey’s where we’ll be ready with hot chocolate (and other hot drinks) to go . . . or for a sit-down meal before or after the festivities.
- Town of Minden Gazebo Lighting, Friday, December 1: Minden kicks off the holidays with the lighting of the historic downtown Minden Gazebo, music from the DHS Jazz Band and fire pits with S’mores. Kids who bring a canned food item or a donation for the Carson Valley Food Closet receive a goodie bag and a chance to help Santa light the Gazebo! If you wind up parking at or near the CVI, stop by before or after to warm up or see our Christmas decorations.
- Town of Genoa Christmas Tree Lighting, Friday, December 1: Christmas caroling, Genoa tree lighting and "Jolly Old St. Nick," of course!
- Parade of Lights, Saturday, December 2: The Carson Valley Chamber’s 22nd Annual Parade of Lights anchors our local Christmas weekend with a steady parade of brightly lit floats traversing Highway 395 from Eddy St. in Gardnerville (very close to Sharkey’s Casino) to Minden Park, just two blocks from the Carson Valley Inn! Come on out and help our community honor this year’s grand marshal Kurt Hildebrand, long-time editor of The Record Courier!
- What Time for All of the Above? Please click the links for more information.
- Candy Cane Lane Ties it All Together: Our ideal scenario has you coming to the Carson Valley Inn for food, gaming, entertainment or any combination thereof after you go to one or all of the above events. You can arrive and leave the CVI in the Christmas spirit by pulling through Candy Cane Lane, our outdoor drive-thru Christmas light display! Tune your car radio to 89.9 FM for the accompanying Music.
On the Sports Front
- A Few Words About Sports Tickets: Now that the smoke has (mostly) cleared on the opening of Slot World, here’s a handy summary on how sports betting works at our four properties: We are not affiliated with any of the chain sports books; we set our own odds and we determine the hours. So, you can place and collect sports bets any time the Sports Book is open at the Carson Valley Inn or Bodines Casino. At Sharkey’s and Slot World, all sports betting and winning ticket collecting is done at Guest Services. A winning sports bet placed at any of our four casinos can be cashed at any of our four casinos. Horse Race bets can only be placed or cashed when the Race and Sports Book is open at the CVI or Bodines Casino.
- Our Guys Picks: Our Guys Picks: Another keep-your-real-job week of picks for the Guys with one win out of six. If you’re following the trend and betting opposite Our Guys picks, you’re making a lot of money! This week Greg takes Stanford + 3½ against USC and the Vikings +3 at the Falcons. Mike likes Wisconsin +6 against Ohio St. and the Eagles –6 at Seattle. Alan is going with Atlanta -3 vs. the Vikings and over 38½ on the Broncos-Dolphins game.
- Enjoy $2 Draft Beer during all Televised Pro and College football games at the CVI - and our staff will bring your bar bites order to you right at your seat.
- The Progressive Pro PK'EM is at $3,923 this week. The parlay cards are just $5 each!
- NFL hats, tee shirts, Budweiser merchandise and other prizes are given away in drawings during Monday Night Football at the CVI. Also, three tickets are distributed each week for the Ultimate Tailgate Party package which will be given away during the Monday Night Football game on December 18.
- Monday Night Football Grid in our poker room every week – we start with four $40 prizes each week and add in any unclaimed prizes from the previous week. Three people claimed squares last week for $144 each so this coming Monday we’re giving away $76 for each of the first three quarters and the final score! Earn entries during live poker games this week ‘til all squares are claimed.
- Place Your Bet: Place your bets on Pro and College Football, NHL Hockey, Pro and College Basketball, and Horse Racing. Futures on the board include winners for the 2018 Super Bowl, 2018 NCAA Basketball and Football Championships, 2018 NBA Championship and 2018 NHL Stanley Cup.
In the Casino
- VIP Gifts Thursday: free VIP Gift Giveaways at 2, 4, 6 and 8 PM! Be sure to use your INN Club card while playing to qualify for these hot seat drawings.
- Friday Giveaway Drawings and More: Join us at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 PM for a guaranteed $10,000 in Cash and Free Play this Friday between the CVI and Sharkey’s. Then stick around and stack up tour stash as INN Club members earn 5X Points Friday from 8 PM to midnight.
- 4X Points Saturday: That’s quadruple the benefits for your play all day this Saturday.
- Ladies’ Only Poker Tournament Sunday: Ladies, the cards start flying at 4 PM in the Poker Room and we invite any and all of you to come in at 3 PM for our refresher course. Guys, you’re welcome to watch the poker action but don’t end up stuffed in the corner like the one guy who decided to offer some advice at last month’s Ladies’ Only Tournament!
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
Patrick Major tonight the Buddy Emmer Band Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football on Sunday and Monday and the Kid and Lisa Wednesday. Patrick Major’s style includes his own mix of original guitar and vocals combined with rock classics from the last four decades. A longtime favorite on the West Coast and Northern Nevada circuit the Buddy Emmer Band’s versatile style includes everything from blues to jazz, rock to reggae and top 40. Whatever your taste in tunes they will be sure to please! Kid & Lisa are a musical power couple that spans a wide range of popular genres, from soul to blues to pop to standards and beyond. Kid is known as the guitarist for world-renowned Blues band Rick Estrin & The Nightcats . Lisa Leuschner Andersen was a finalist on American Idol in 2004.
In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Day in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each served from 11 AM to 10 PM!
- Thursday’s special in CV Steak is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday, it's Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks, two boar shanks braised and slow cooked in beer, tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino and Betsy’s Big Kitchen at Slot World Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!