Celebrate the Easter Season with Sister when she returns to the CVI on Saturday, April 20 to answer the timeworn questions of the season like “Why isn't Easter the same day every year like Christmas?” and “Will My Bunny Go To Heaven?” Part pageant, and wHOLY hysterical, this latest of the sinfully funny Late Nite Catechism series unearths the origins of Easter bunnies, Easter eggs, Easter bonnets, Easter baskets and of course those yummy Easter Peeps. Sister answers questions about pet heaven and the significance of those adorable baby chicks! The times and ticket prices for the two Sister's Easter Catechism shows will be available on our website on Monday, February 18. Classroom participation is a must, so don’t forget to wear your Easter bonnet and join Sister for this seasonal treat!
Lightning Strikes – and it Will Again
Lightning struck just up the road at our at our sister casino Bodines last week when Carin (pictured above) hit a $23,334 Lightning Link Jackpot! What is the likelihood of lightning striking again – but this time at the CVI? We don't know exactly, but we'd say it's pretty good as we have three banks of Lightning Link slots each with its own progressive Grand Jackpot and they range from $11,000 to over $15,000!
|For Ladies' Night - Tonight!|
Valentine’s Day at the Inn
- It Starts Tonight: you'll enjoy an all-chocolate theme to Ladies Night from 5:30 to 8:30 PM! The first 150 ladies to sign up this evening get a free Chocolate Rose from the Chocolate Shoppe. The hot seat prizes tonight are Chocolate Shoppe Candy Boxes and we'll also have games, raffles, a weekly drink special & free bingo for ladies playing in the casino.
- Valentine's Day Dining Specials: we have Valentine's Day specials and regular menu items in both Katie's here at the Carson Valley Inn and the Jackpot Café in Sharkey's Casino "just down the street" in Gardnerville. Last we checked, reservations were full for CV Steak.
- And in the Cabaret Lounge: we're still trying to get inside the mind of our Entertainment Director to find out just what he was thinking when he booked a band called "Reckless Envy" for Valentines night? The group is exceptionally talented and very versatile . . . and we've even extended them through Sunday night to entertain over the busy Presidents Day Weekend.
Sports Book – Life After the NFL Season
Everyone’s had a little over a week to adjust to the end of the NFL season. So “now what” when it comes to sports book wagering? Let’s go over it and see if we can’t get you out of the doldrums:
- NASCAR season kicks off this Sunday with the Daytona 500. We’ll have it on the big screen and some of the surrounding screens plus you can bet your favorite driver (s) to win at the posted odds which range from 4 ½ to one all the way up to 40 to 1 depending on who you pick!
- If it’s gotta be football, we are taking bets on the Alliance of American Football League games over the next nine weekends and then the following two weekends for the playoffs and championship.
- If you can see into in the future, you may already know what the following have in common: the Tennessee Volunteers, the Milwaukee Bucks the Arizona Cardinals, the Washington Capitals, Jimmy Johnson and Justin Thomas. They all have the same odds of winning, respectively, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 NBA Championship, the 2019 World Series, the 2019 Stanley Cup, the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup and the 2019 Masters.
- If you’d like an all-offense game (opposite of this year’s Super Bowl), grab a seat in our Cabaret Lounge this Sunday at 5 PM when Team LeBron and Team Giannis try to re-energize the offense in the 2019 NBA All-Star Game. After last year’s paltry 293 total points it would be nice to see these superstars get back to the 374 points scored in 2017 or the 369 points scored the 2016!
- And before we let NFL football go, as of yesterday there was still one more person out there who picked 13 props correctly in the Super Bowl and has $1667 coming. Come on by the CVI Sports Book with your ticket and “cash in!”
- Independent of which sports are in season our Race Book operates 365 days a year with the Kentucky Derby Prep Races growing more plentiful over the next couple of months.
|Bear Claws = Almonds!|
Making These Days Special at CVI
- Thursday is Ferris Wheel Day. If you’d like to catch up with our longtime locals, be sure to read fun-fact #4 in this article on how the Ferris Wheel has direct ties to Carson Valley!
- Saturday is Almond Day. We serve thousands of almonds each year . . . they are part of every bear claw we make in-house for sale in Job’s Perk!
- Saturday is World Whale Day. No, we don’t have any whales here at the Carson Valley Inn or in any of our nearby waters. However, if you want to get in the spirit, try your luck at our Whale Song or Ocean Magic slots.
- Monday is Wine Day. Everyone seems to have different tastes in wine so we have something for just about everyone on the CV Steak Wine List. Come on in and enjoy your favorite by the bottle or the glass!
- Monday is also Pluto Day as in the celestial body, not the Disney cartoon character. We’re not trying to enter the debate on Planned Planethood (bet you read that one incorrectly the first time) so just bear with us as we continue to believe that Pluto is a planet not a dwarf planet as it is now referred to after its 2006 demotion. Anyway, if you still believe in Pluto as a planet, show your “I Believe” support by playing one of our Planet Moolah or Meteor Storm slots on Monday!
- Next Wednesday is Cherry Pie Day. We like to jump the gun around here sometimes so starting this Monday we are adding a Mini Cherry Pie to our Katie’s bakery menu. Seems only appropriate that we do it on the same day we celebrate George Washington’s birthday. After all he supposedly admitted to his father that he chopped down a cherry tree. Wonder how all that would play out in today’s social media world!
This Week in the Casino
- see the Valentine’s Day section above.
- Friday & Saturday: drawings at 5, 7 & 9 PM both nights in our Cars and Cash Giveaways Promotion.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots - watch your points grow at quadruple the normal rate!
- Hot Seats Monday: INN Club members, be sure to use your card while playing in the casino as we’ll have hot seat drawings hourly from 11 AM to 8 PM with the chance to win up to $500 each time.
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM: Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo for $5.99, Pork Marsala for $6.99 and Chicken Chasseur for $6.99. The regular Thursday special will not be served this week due to the Valentine’s Day specials but will return next week. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and coleslaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10 PM.
- CV Steak: The regular Thursday special will not be served this week due to the Valentine’s Day specials but will return next week. This Friday it’s Medallions of Wild Boar Tenderloin with Bourbon Jus for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf bread.
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Steve Lord, tonight Reckless Envy Thursday thru Sunday, Bill Wharton Monday and Hans Eberbach Tuesday and Wednesday. Steve Lord is a guitarist with dynamic vocals and a thousand songs performing an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. The versatility of Reckless Envy might just bring a heartfelt ballad such as Chris Stapleton’s version of “Tennessee Whiskey,” an authentic version of “Barracuda” by Heart, an entertaining rendition of Charlie Daniels’ “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” a guitar driven ZZ Top classic such as “Tush” or a dance song like Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.” Bill Wharton’s smooth, melodic tone comes out in his vast repertoire from old classic country thru modern country, pop to classic rock, blues and jazz. Hans Eberbach sings for Joy & Madness, an evolution of vintage soul sound with modern classic pop sensibilities. He also fronts his own band HANS! and the HOT MESS a band that represents his original singer/songwriter/electronic soul work.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!