First Peek at 2019 Concerts in TJ’s Corral
We’ve been working on an exciting lineup of artists for the 2019 concerts in TJ’s Corral and we're ready to announce the first four with more concerts to come! We’ll have more information on these four in next week’s blog and tickets will be on sale starting at noon on Wednesday, March 6. Perhaps by then one or two more will have fallen into place as we build for a full schedule announcement by April. Tickets will be available through our website or at the hotel desk . . . but not until noon next Wednesday:
- Easton Corbin: Friday, May 24
- Uncle Kracker: Saturday, June 29
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts: Thursday, July 4
- Dwight Yoakam: Friday, July 26
Would You Take The Car or the Cash?
This week two lucky players will have the decision to make when we do the Grand Prize drawings in our February Cars or Cash Giveaway Promotion! The Ford Fiesta or $10,000 will be given away at Sharkey’s after the 7 PM drawings tonight and the Ford Mustang or $20,000 goes to a lucky winner after the 8 PM drawings at CVI Thursday. Continue to use your player card and you’ll be accumulating entries right up until the last minute. Check at Guest Services at either casino for the promotion details.
Matched Pairs This Week
Green Hats Next Week!
Matched Pairs This Week
Green Hats Next Week!
- Tonight: It’s our Ladies’ Night Couples Dress-Up Contest so watch for a variety of “pairs” starting at 5:30. Could be two friends, sisters, a traditional couple, a mother and son, mother and daughter, or any other reasonable combination! We’ll start by giving everyone who “makes an attempt” a ticket for one set of drawings for Free Play Prizes. Sometime around 8 PM the judges will choose the best or cutest or most creative outfits for the contest prizes.
- Next Wednesday: We’ll be giving all who attend a ”basic” green hat so you can start working on your design for our March 27 Ladies’ Night Best St. Patty’s Hat Contest. More about this next in week’s blog.
- For Ladies’ Night Every Wednesday: The shenanigans go from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a free gift for the first 150 ladies (Jar Lid Openers this week) and special Gift Baskets as hot seat prizes (from Garden Gourmet Food this week.) The ladies also enjoy games, raffles, a weekly drink special & free bingo for those playing in the casino.
Job or Possible Career – We Offer Both!
Whether you're looking for a job or a possible career path, we’d like to talk to you at our next Job Fair on Thursday, March 14 from 3 to 7 PM in the Valley Ballroom at the Carson Valley Inn. We’ll have staff from all four of our properties present to accept applications, interview, and, where appropriate, make job offers on the spot! We’re looking for both full-time and part-time folks for many areas of our hospitality industry. To be best prepared, you might want to check our current openings and then pick up an application from our HR office at the Carson Valley Inn or click here to download an application you can fill out, print and bring with you on March 14.
New Promotions for March
- Point Multiplier Fridays: 5X Points on video reels and 3X Points on video poker, all day.
- Free Slot Tournament Monday: INN Club members get one free entry into the slot tournament that runs from noon to 7 PM Monday. Plus, you can earn up to three more tournament entries - one for each 50 points you accumulate on Monday. There’s $1000 up for grabs each week in this all-month Monday promotion.
- Point Party Tuesday: this one goes on from 9 AM to 9 PM every Tuesday in March. You’ll be earning anywhere from 2X to 10X Points from 9 AM to 9 PM with the point multiplier changing every half hour. You never know which multiplier is coming up next and we do guarantee that the 10X Points will run for 30 minutes at least twice every Tuesday.
- And There’s Much More: Be sure to check next week’s blog to find out what else we have going on for March including Hot Seat Wednesdays, House Party Thursdays and Win Rent Money drawings Fridays and Saturdays in March.
Food and Drink
- Today is Kahlua Day
- Thursday is Chili Day. Given the same weather mentioned above, our house-made chili is definitely in order - served daily in Katie’s and Job’s Perk!
- Saturday is Banana Cream Pie Day. You guessed it – we make ‘em in-house and sell them at the Katie’s Bakery Counter, both full size and mini pies. You can also enjoy a slice when dining in Katie’s! Need a pie or two for a special occasion? We suggest ordering ahead to make sure we have the one(s) you need as we sometimes sell ‘em all on any given day.
- Sunday is Canadian Bacon Day. We offer this breakfast favorite daily but if you want to save a couple of bucks and don’t mind celebrating a day early, Eggs Benedict is our featured special Saturdays in Katie’s for just $5.99 from 7 AM to 2 PM!
This Week in the Sports Book
- On the Cabaret and Casino Screens: Plenty of sports to watch and bet with NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey, Alliance of American Football League games, the NASCAR Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Spring Training Baseball and Horseracing. And yes, you read that correctly, we are taking action on Spring Training Baseball!
- Looking Ahead: Futures include winners of the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 NBA Championship, the 2019 World Series, the 2019 Stanley Cup, the 2019 NASCAR Monster Energy Cup and the 2019 Masters.
- Still Waiting . . . on one more winner of the $5,000 Progressive Pro PK'EM jackpot that was split three ways after Super Bowl Sunday. The $1667 cash goes to whoever presents the one remaining winning ticket!
This Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM: Fettuccine Pesto Alfredo for $5.99, Pork Marsala for $6.99 and Chicken Chasseur for $6.99. The Thursday special is a Turkey Plate for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10PM.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop Steak for $26. This Friday it’s Roasted Stuffed Quail for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf bread.
|John Dawson Band in Cabaret Lounge This Weekend|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge
Carolyn Dolan tonight and Thursday, John Dawson Band Friday and Saturday, John Palmore Sunday and Monday Cliff and Dave Tuesday and Wednesday. Carolyn Dolan can dive into powerful R & B, deliver a smooth jazz standard or a gentle country ballad. Carolyn has made a music career leading folk and rock n roll bands, and for the last fifteen years, she has been performing with her rockin' blues and R & B band, Carolyn Dolan and Big Red. The John Dawson Band is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. The quintet includes Mitch (Lead Guitar), Brian (keys), J.B. (Bass), Jhan (drums) and John Dawson (vocals and guitar). Former musical director for the late "LOUIS ARMSTRONG," John Palmore is an accomplished singer and keyboardist who has worked with Jackie Wilson, Mary Wells, ZZ Hill, Wilson Pickett, Joe Simon, Percy Sledge, The Platters and other "name" artists. Cliff and Dave is powerhouse gospel singer/drummer Cliff Porter and southern-fried singer/guitarist Dave Berry, often seen fronting the band Jelly Bread. The duo provides an evening of sultry R&B, funk and swinging rock ’n’ roll.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!