New Carpet Means New Slots!
Thank you for your patience, understanding and short walking detours during the recent recarpeting of our casino. As you saw or experienced, we had to move every slot machine and every piece of furniture which gave us an opportunity to bring in some new games and technology. Among the new technology is the first-in-the-country Incredible Technologies Infinity V55 Edge Carousel with six Power Wheel Slots in back-to-back Sawtooth configuration! Quite a mouthful, isn't it! Bottom line for you: first class seating and 4D video images as you enjoy the popular Power Wheel games! Next week we'll cover some of the new slot/video games and themes we added for your enjoyment during the last few weeks. Meanwhile, enjoy the mixture of lava lamp and bobbing creatures in the video above!
First times are memorable. For kids the first time riding a two-wheel bike is a milestone. A golfer looks forward to his first hole-in-one. For a pilot the first solo is an incredible experience. And last week Ronald N. from Texas, a self-proclaimed “Royal Flush Virgin,” hit his first Royal Flush on a Double Double Bonus Video Poker game at the CVI while visiting his mother and sister who live locally. As you can see in the picture he was wearing a red-trimmed CVI sweatshirt and the Royal flush was in matching red diamonds. The blue in his shirt (which also had a CVI logo) matches the blue background on the video screen. Coincidence? Or . . . did he arrive at CVI "dressed for success?" Doesn’t matter, the important part was the green in the $2,103 he pocketed by betting just nickels! Not bad for a “first time!”
Say the picture on the left is like your current tired, dated kitchen. And then let’s say you win the Penny Progressive Jackpot in the center image (it’s actually higher since this picture was taken.) The end result could easily be the modern kitchen shown on the right! Fact is, the next winner of our Penny Progressive Jackpot will be able to set aside enough to pay the taxes and then do a full kitchen remodel! We’re not talking a gloss-over, or a basic approach like you sometimes see on the renovation TV shows. We're talking tear everything out to the walls, perhaps even remove a wall, and do it all brand-new. Custom cabinets, granite or marble countertops, backsplash of your choice including custom patterns, a large island, all new appliances and all new fixtures. You'll even have enough to add some of the modern conveniences like a no-touch faucet, instant hot water, a pot filler, fancy cabinet inserts and more. How do we know it can be done for what the next Penny Progressive Jackpot winner will be paid? A couple of us here at the CVI did complete kitchen makeovers in the last year and the current Penny Progressive jackpot amount is definitely enough to do it really right! All it takes is lining up the correct symbols with a max-coin bet . . . and this jackpot can only be won at one of our four properties: Carson Valley Inn, Bodines Casino, Sharkey’s Casino and SlotWorld. Ready to give it a shot?
- Today is Thank You Note Day. A perfect opportunity to thank all of our readers and customers for your support of the Carson Valley Inn during 2018. We appreciate your business and the many friendships . . . and we wish you the best of success and health during 2019!
- Friday is Card Playing Day. Blackjack or poker anyone?
- Sunday is Bacon Day. Good excuse to order up the Smokehouse Burger in Katie's: Double bacon, cheddar cheese and hickory BBQ sauce enhance the usual burger fixin's!
- Tuesday is both Hot Toddy Day and Bloody Mary Day. See bartender Jeff at the Casino Bar near the Cabaret Lounge. He’ll fix you up whichever you choose! Jeff not there? ALL of our bartenders can help!
- join us tonight from 5:30 to 8:30 PM with a special “Pick One” Gift for the first 150 ladies. It’s a year-end “clean out the closet” event so get here early to get the good stuff! Also tonight, Bath & Body Works Baskets as hot seat prizes, games, raffles, a weekly drink special and free bingo for ladies playing in the casino.
- at 6 & 8 PM.
- Point Multipliers Saturday: 4X Points on Reel Slots and Video Poker Slots all day Saturday and every Saturday all the way thru January. Points accrue rapidly on these “multiplier” days which means even more FreePlay, dining, Katie’s Bakery products, hotel stays and more!
- Day Two, again at 6 & 8 PM.
- New Year’s Eve Monday:
- For Our Daytime Guests: 4X Points from 4 AM to 4 PM so be sure to use your INN Club card and pad your points benefits at the end of the year!
- For Our Poker Players: This is the last day to climb to a qualifying spot on our Poker Ladder. The Top 30 at the end of the night qualify for a $1000 Free Roll Tournament in January! There are always a few of the top 30 who can’t make the Free Roll so we pull from the 31 – 40 place finishers for alternates. Bottom-line: if you are anywhere in the top 50, keep building points ‘til the very end!
- And Into the Night: Live Rock & Roll Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge with Rockology from 9 PM to 1 AM, Party Favors distributed in the casino after 11 PM and a Champagne Toast at Midnight.
- And If You Stop By Sharkey's Casino: Karaoke in the Silver Dollar Bar starting at 10:30 PM!
- Bowl Games Tuesday: 9 AM to 8 PM, nonstop!!
- Coming in January: Your Rewards returns, a Cash & Trips Giveaways promotion, some new daily specials in Katie’s, we bring back Elvis Week and much more. Be sure to watch for our next blog at 7 AM on Wednesday, January 2 when we’ll also throw in a few Summer Concert “Save the Dates.”
New Year’s Week in Our Restaurants
- Katie’s: Wednesday is Italian Day with three specials served from 11 AM to 10 PM. The Thursday special is Pork Vera Cruz for $6.99. Fridays and Saturdays, Katie's offers a Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99 and Katie’s Sunday special is "The Chandler" Chicken Dinner including southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for $5.99 from 2 to 10PM. Monday, New Year’s Eve, Katie’s is serving all the regular menu items (except the Monday Chicken Pot Pie special) plus a New Year’s Eve Special, New York Strip Steak.
- CV Steak: Thursday’s special is the CV Steak Mix Grill, a combination of our Filet Mignon, a Dijon and molasses Marinated Pork Tenderloin Medallion and Herb Marinated Lamb Chop for $26. This Friday it’s Grilled Elk Medallions with a brandy cherry demi and sundried cherries for $32. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is King Crab Legs for $28. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato – au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked – tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread. CV Steak is serving all the regular menu items (except the Sunset Special) on Monday, New Year’s Eve plus two New Year’s Eve Specials: Trio of Tornados and a Seafood Bordelaise. The New Year’s Day special in CV Steak is Mesquite Smoked C.A.B. Strip Steak Roast with a bourbon peppercorn sauce for $27.
- New Year’s Eve Dining at the Inn: Both CV Steak and Katie’s are serving their regular menu items plus holiday specials on New Year’s Eve. Here’s a link to the New Year’s Eve Specials in both restaurants.
Football and Other Sports at the Inn
- Our Guys Picks: It’s been a wild ride of picking games from Our Guys. Their overall record of 55 wins and 73 losses going into the last week has them picking 43% of the games correctly. They made their final-week picks hoping to be laughing all the way to the bank! Greg takes the over 38½ in the Bills/Dolphins game and Notre Dame +12½ vs. Clemson. Alan is rolling on the Eagles -6½ at the Redskins and Oklahoma +14 vs. Bama. Mike loves the Wolf Pack +1 against Arkansas St. and Purdue +4 against Auburn. Steve tags the 49er’s +9½ vs. the Rams and Central Florida +7½ against the LSU Tigers.
- The Week 17 Progressive Pro PK'EM jackpot is $4377 for whoever picks this week’s 15 NFL winners or props straight up on a $5 Card. Play as many as you wish and any ties will be split. If it doesn’t hit this week, we’ll keep going through the NFL Playoffs ‘cause eventually we must give it all away!
- The NCAA Bowl Games wrap up with 25 contests crammed into the next seven days. We'll show 'em all, but our focus is on these three Saturday duels: The Arizona Bowl (Nevada vs. Arkansas State. 10:15 AM), the Cotton Bowl (Clemson vs. Notre Dame, 1 PM) and the Orange Bowl (Alabama vs. Oklahoma, 5 PM). Plop down in the Cabaret Lounge at 10 AM for the duration and we'll bring your drinks and Bar Bites right to your seat!
- Horse Racing: The Winter Meet at Santa Anita Park kicks off today and we’ll have our eyes on McKinzie in the Grade 1 Malibu Stakes with a scheduled post time of 4 PM.
- Sports Book Special New Year’s Hours: Check at the Sportsbook for special hours on New Year’s Eve and on New Year’s Day.
- Enjoy $2 Domestic Draft Beer during all NFL games at the CVI.
- On The Board This Week: NCAA Bowl Games, NFL Football, NBA and NCAA Basketball, NHL Hockey and Horseracing. Futures include winners of the NFL Conference Championships, the 2019 Super Bowl, the 2019 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament, the 2019 Stanley Cup and the 2019 NBA Championship.
Steve Lord tonight, Fast Lane Thursday thru Saturday, NFL Football Sunday and Rockology on Monday night. Steve Lord is a man of a thousand songs, Steve presents an evening of oldies, country, pop, blues, jazz, soul and rock 'n' roll. Fast Lane brings three nights of familiar chart-topping Classic Rock hits of the 1970s. Sit back, close your eyes and feel the years drop away as you experience a musical journey that will transport you to the very best of times! Rockology is a high energy Classic Rock Tribute Band bringing you the greatest hits from the 70s, 80s and more. A fun group of seasoned musicians, Rockology delivers a catalog filled with three-part harmonies, saxophone, keyboards, electric guitars and live drums.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!