- Gary Allen Concert June 4: tickets continue to move briskly for this concert and, if our pool of available tickets were a gas tank, we'd be running kinda low. With just three weeks to go we suggest you get your tickets soon!
- The Davisson Brothers Band and Loving Mary Band Concert June 12: this one is on the Friday of Carson Valley Days weekend and we know you'll be pleased with these two young country acts. It's quite affordable at just $22.50 - make your plans now to attend!
- Rodney Atkins Concert June 27: Funny thing happened last week – we found out that Rodney Atkins tickets were going on sale a few hours after our blog was already posted on Wednesday morning at 7 AM. So, we updated the blog which quickly stirred up ticket sales. So, if you missed that exciting news, here's a reminder: RodneyAtkins tickets are now on sale!
- For complete list of the remaining 2015 concerts in TJ's Corral, click here. And do check back from time-to-time as we are working on a few more.
Jets, Golf, Pizza and Whiskey (sounds like one heck of a weekend!):
- Top Gun Day
- Golf Day
- Pizza Party Day
- World Whisky DayWorld Whisky DayAs for the two spellings we used - whiskey and whisky - we do know the technical difference but, among friends, just enjoy!
Prefer Wine to Spirits? No problem because the first 2015 Thirsty Third Thursday Wine Walk in Gardnerville is coming up on May 21 and Sharkey's Casino is participating! Be sure to register at the start of the wine walk at either the Town of Gardnerville Office or Big Daddy's Bike Shop.
Pasta Anyone? Our friends at carsonvalleytimes.com are at it again with another one of their Food Wars. This time it's Pasta Wars and a couple of the pasta dishes in both Katie's and CV Steak are in the nomination round. How about taking a look and, if you have enjoyed them, please cast your vote!
Meanwhile, In Our Back Parking Lot: you never know what you're going to see inside a casino or even in a casino parking lot. Take a look at the video and make your own judgment. This was just sitting in our back parking lot last Tuesday and, try as we may, no one knew why it was there. The first speculation came from an older and pensive-looking chap who softly suggested that it was something from a remake of Close Encounters of the Third Kind (if you don't get it, you probably didn't relate to the Top Gun blurb either)! Anyway, turns out it belonged to a gentleman who was giving a presentation to the Minden Rotary Club in our convention center on Tuesday. It's actually called a Vertical Axis Small Wind Turbine. He was enjoying himself until one of the Rotary members walked in and kiddingly said within earshot of the speaker "who's trailer is that out back? It's surrounded by 15 people with signs that say 'no solar power in Carson Valley!'"
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesday Ladies' Night 5:30 to 8:30 PM: The first 150 ladies to sign up tonight receive the second set of two May spa products. Also enjoy hot seat drawings for Bath & Body Works Baskets ladies-only drink specials and more.
- Mike's Horses: Some weeks are not worth mentioning. Mike ran three horses at Santa Anita last weekend and . . . just reread the first sentence!
- Blackjack Tournament Winners: We had another fun Monthly Blackjack Tournament last night. Dave Baily was the winner followed by Malcolm Treasure in second and Gary Hitt in third The next tournament? Tuesday evening, June 9 and, as always, just a $25 buy-in!
- Grilled Duck Breast Friday in CV Steak: Our Friday Game Special this week is Grilled Duck Breast, a Maple Leaf Farms 9 oz. duck breast marinated with fresh herbs, grilled to medium rare-medium doneness with natural duck jus, served with tableside-tossed salad, vegetable and your choice of potato - au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked potato . . . all for $28.00.
- Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Steve Lord is here tonight, Melissa Drew and her band entertain Thursday thru Saturday, and Jonathan "JB" Barton takes the stage Sunday through Wednesday nights. You can also watch and bet the NBA Playoff games, NHL Stanley Cup games, Major League Baseball games, NASCAR, Indianapolis 500, horseracing – including the Preakness Stakes.
- Because We Want To Make Sure You Know:
- Our Food Truck Festival is Saturday, May 23 with offerings from a variety of food trucks plus beverages, free live entertainment, and a giant inflatable obstacle course for the kids.
- World War II Bomber Rides will be available at the Minden-Tahoe Airport, located just five minutes from the Carson Valley Inn, on Monday through Wednesday, June 1 – 3.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or just pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit "0" when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!