You Are Getting Sleepy! Sorry, every hypnotist is expected to say those four words so we used them as a lead into this story: Comedy Hypnotist Chris Cady will be performing in the Valley ballroom on Wednesday night, February 17 . . . The doors open at 7:00, the show starts at 7:30 p.m. and the price is the same whether you sit in the audience and watch, or volunteer to be up on stage to be hypnotized: just $15! It’s certain to be an unpredictable and boisterous evening of most-unusual entertainment and you can buy tickets at the hotel desk or call 775-783-6606. 21 or over for this show. Your eyes are getting heavy, very heavy . . .
Saturday A Busy Day at CVI! We have quite a bit happening this Saturday so here’s a quick reminder list:
- Tailgate Party 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Casino: $1 Hot Dogs & Beer Specials, live entertainment with Melissa Dru, giveaways, hot seat drawings.
- Cash Patrol from 5 to 9 p.m. with trivia, contests, prizes and surprises.
- $75,000 King of Cash Drawings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m.
- 4X Points all day in the Poker Room.
Crossing the Aisle in the Valley Ballroom:
- Thank you to the Douglas County Democratic Party for holding their 1st in the West Rural Blue Dinner here last Saturday. What a great turnout and we really appreciate the business.
- Our apologies to the Douglas County Republican Party for not mentioning your big upcoming event when we covered a few of the upcoming community events happening at the CVI a couple of weeks ago in our blog. So, here it is: on Sunday, February 14 the 2016 Douglas County Republican Central Committee Lincoln-ReaganDinner will again fill our Valley Ballroom. The keynote speaker is Congressman Joe Heck, candidate for the U.S. Senate. Word is that Congressman Mark Amodei, United States Representative for Nevada's 2nd congressional district will also make a few remarks. Click here for more information.
- We invite anyone running as an Independent to hold a big political fundraising event in our Valley Ballroom. That will allow us to claim an extra merit badge by being tri-partisan vs. the usual bi-partisan!
Make Valentine’s Day Dinner Plans Now!
CV Steak and Katie’s are both offering two Valentine's Day Specials in addition to our regular menu items. Reservations are strongly recommended in CV Steak, call 775-783-6650.
Skip Work and Come to the CVI? This would have been good advice for some people during January when you could say that CVI casino players experienced a “Perfect 10!” In addition to the 100+ cash prizes we gave out in the first four weeks of our $75,000 King of Cash Giveaways, we also paid out ten slot jackpots of $10,000 or more. Add all that to the many other jackpots of less than $10,000 and we get back to our original premise that, for some, it would’ve been more profitable to spend 40 hours a week playing the slots here at the CVI than going to work! While we’re on the subject, this article from a year ago delves into the whole concept of making the Monday after Super Bowl a national holiday. The theory is that so many people wind up “calling in sick (which, frankly, doesn’t fool any employer) anyway . . . Well, you get the point.
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: The Jonny Smokes one man band show is here tonight, After Dark entertains Thursday through Sunday, Melissa Dru and her band take the cabaret stage on Saturday afternoon for our Tailgate Party, and Steve Lord returns Monday through Wednesday. The high energy of the After Dark Band will have you up and dancing and singing along with the guys! Their “must not miss” show is filled with the songs you know and love and the energy of the group creates a party just waiting for you to join in. With Bernie DeLaCruz and Dave Vasquez on guitar, Dustin Taunton on bass, Don Peterson on drums and Scott Anderson on vocals this award winning band will get you rockin’!
Race and Sports Book:
- Guaranteed $5,142 Pro PK’EM Progressive Jackpot! We’ve come to the end of the football season with money still in the “pot” so we are guaranteeing to give away the $5,142 Pro PK’EM Progressive Jackpot after this Sunday’s Game!! We have a $5 parlay card out with 15 prop bets on the Super Bowl Game. The props are easy to understand like over or under on largest lead of the game or longest field goal of the game, does the team that scores first win the game, etc. This Part Is Very Important: Whoever gets the most of the15 picks correct wins! No rollover to next week – the $5,142 has to go . . . so please do not throw away your ticket. We will go through all the tickets on Monday and, depending on how many have piled up from the CVI, Bodines Casino and Sharkey’s Casino, we should know by the end of the day the number of tickets with the most correct picks - could be one ticket, could be five tickets. If it is more than one, the pot is split. We have no way of knowing who has the winning ticket(s) . . . it’s kinda like the lottery except a lot less zeros at the end of the jackpot amount! As a convenience to those who do play tickets, we’ll post the number of correct picks it took to win the jackpot on this page on our website as soon as we are done tabulating!
- This week you can watch and bet the Super Bowl, Horseracing, NBA and College Basketball and NHL Hockey. We are also taking action on Saturday’s Johny Hendricks vs. Stephen Thompson UFC fight and some of the undercard fights.
- Mike’s horse Casino Fever won the 3rd race at Santa Anita last Saturday with Martin Pedroza on board.
As Always, Interesting, Helpful and Even Useful Tidbits and News
- Wednesdays in February:
- Ladies Night returns on Wednesdays with a Ladies-only kiosk game for spa set gifts, free play, food comps and drawing entries for grand prize drawings on Feb. 24. Also on tap: Hot Seat drawings for Wine Country Gift Baskets.
- Italian Specials continue in Katie's on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and we’ve rotated Cheese Tortellini Carbonara into the list of three offerings starting at $5.99.
- Two Tournaments this Coming Week:
- Our monthly Ladies’ Only Poker Tournament is Sunday starting at 4 p.m. in the poker room. Of course we’ll have the game on!!
- Our monthly Blackjack Tournament is Tuesday, February 9 in the pit area of the casino.
- Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Saturday night’s special in CV Steak is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Sorry, We’re Not Home: We are including this link in case you missed our favorite customer answering machine messagelast week. Also, we deserved the comments we receive from a few people who, recognizing that times have changed, chided us by saying “what’s an answering machine?!”
- Because We Feel Like Mentioning It -Katie's to the rescue!
- Today is Carrot Cake Day. Enjoy a moist, frosting-topped slice in Katie's today! If the myth about carrots is correct, this may even improve your vision!
- Thursday is Homemade Soup Day and Katie's always has two soups each day made right here in one of our kitchens!
- Remember, last week we said “we'll have a few ideas in next Wednesday's blog” for Hot Breakfast Month in February? Bet you didn't see this one coming: Saturday is Ice Cream for Breakfast Day and we can add a scoop to whatever (hot or cold) you order for breakfast in Katie's any day of the week!