|Granger Smith (r) and lead guitar player|
Todd Howard (l) having too much fun!
Granger Almost Here – Clay Walker Tickets Now Available! What type of person says “Drinking rum before 10 am makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic.” and also utters “Every day be thankful for the nights that turn into mornings, friends that turn into family and dreams that turn into reality.”? It’s Granger Smith, and his current tour is inching closer to the Carson Valley where the Granger Smith Concert kicks off the 2016 TJ’s Corral Concert Schedule on Saturday, May 28. And here’s even more concert news (it pays to check our new blog every Wednesday morning): Tickets went on sale this morning for the Clay Walker Concert in TJ’s on Friday, July 15.
|Sheldon, Leonard, Raj, Howard and Penny|
Ready for you to Hit the Jackpot!
How Progressive Are You? Hold on, we’re not talking politics here (we just don’t) – we’re talking about Progressive Jackpots. Would you believe almost half of our slots have progressive Jackpots of some type? Guess that makes us pretty progressive, huh!!
- Our bank of Penny Progressive slots garners a lot of attention as the jackpot climbs – as it is doing now at over $49,000! No other casino is tied to this one so the jackpot will be won by somebody playing right here at the CVI. Sure would be great to have it hit this coming Monday as that just happens to be Lucky Penny Day.
- Most if not all of our video poker slot banks have a progressive jackpot game option. Popular spots are the CV Steak and Casino bars (both offer a dollar and a quarter progressive) and any one of a handful plus other locations in the casino.
- We also have a number of “singular” slots that have their own progressive jackpot and some of them are at respectable levels. A few of these are Gold Pays ($9,000+), Gold Stacks ($8,800+) and Fa-Dao-Le ($10,000+). The beauty of these and our other “one-of” progressive slots: the jackpot can’t be won by the person playing next to you!
- Some of the other progressive jackpots are hooked to 4-5 machines at the CVI. Examples are the Wave Machine, Lightning Link ($11,000+), Penny Train ($9,900+), Hotshots ($34,000+), 88 Fortunes $15,000+), Buffalo Stampede ($25,000+) and Quick Hit Platinum ($9,900+)
- The statewide jackpots produce the really big bucks – some enough to give you reason to really celebrate Be a Millionaire Day this Friday. These “system” machines are tied together with a number of other casinos throughout the state and they can be “hit” at any participating casino. We’ve got the IGT “majors” (click links for current amounts) including Megabucks or the Wheel of Fortune progressives ($.25 Jackpot or $1 Jackpot or $5 Jackpot) plus the Aristocrat Big Bang Theory currently sitting at over $540,000!
- One more thing: all of these jackpots reset to a lower number when they “hit.” And, with our luck, one of ‘em may have hit after we finished writing this yesterday!
|Sign up for the Wine Walk at the Town of |
Gardnerville Offices or Big Daddy’s Bike Shop
Wine Walk Thursday: The first 2016 Thirtsy Third Thursday Wine Walk is this Thursday evening with a patriotic theme and we invite all the wine walkers to wander into Sharkey’s as you are passing by and show us your “red, white and blue.” Sharkey’s Silver Dollar Bar is almost within arm’s reach of the highway 395 sidewalk entrance to Sharkey’s . . . A great place to fill your commemorative glass with the beverage of your choice! Be sure to register at either the Town of Gardnerville Offices or Big Daddy’s Bike Shop starting at 4:30 PM and enjoy the various stops as the activities continue until 7:30 pm.
|Greg can swing you through a great |
outing for your golf group!
Today is Golf Day - and we hope you are either playing golf today or planning a golf outing to the Carson Valley! The Carson Valley Inn is headquarters to over 100 golf groups every year ranging in size from 8 to over 100. We make it easy by setting up your hotel rooms and your social functions and – most importantly – arranging your starting times for as many days of golf as your group would like. Find out more about what we can do for your group by calling Greg Enholm at 775-783-6615. If it’s golf related, Greg has either done it, seen it, or heard about it! And if you ask Greg what the weather will be like on the day your group is planning to be here, just watch out 'cause he's likely to give you his standard answer, which just happens to be true today: 75 and sunny!
Join Us in Thanking . . .
- Saturday is Armed Forces Day. We salute and thank the 1,300,000+ active members and 811,000+ people in the reserve components of our military branches: the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. We appreciate the safety you provide for the residents of our country!
- During May we are showing our support for the Nevada Military Support Alliance by donating $1 for everyone who swipes his or her player card at the casino kiosk at the CVI (every Monday), Bodines Casino (every Monday) and Sharkey’s Casino (every Saturday). This organization’s mission is “to organize and promote the recognition, support and appreciation of Nevada’s men and women of our Armed Forces, veterans and their families.”
- Saturday is also National Waiters and Waitresses Day. We thank and recognize the 100+ employees who serve your food in Katie's and CV Steak . . . . that number jumps to almost 200 when you consider Sharkey's Casino, Bodines Casino and the many bartenders and slot hosts at all three locations who make sure your drinks are delivered. It's not always an easy job and we hope you'll join us in giving them extra kudos on Saturday!
Graduation Day Cakes! Put this one at the top of your priority list!! (Kidding, but it may just bail you out of a dilemma). We’ve had a few requests, so our bakery is taking orders for Graduation Cakes and Cupcakes. Just stop by the bakery counter near the Katie’s cashier and let us know what size and the preferred school colors. Our bakery crew said they are especially ready to accommodate the Douglas High School graduates with themes of orange and black.
Free Cabaret Lounge Entertainment: Bill Wharton entertains tonight and Just Us takes the stage Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Early next week in the Cabaret: John Palmore on Sunday, Jonathon “JB” Barton Monday and Stew Stewart Tuesday. Just Us is a unique group of musicians who decided to blend together the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA to develop "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" sounds - music from the 60’s to the present. Aladdin handles lead vocal and percussion. He is joined by Les Carter on vocals and drums, Phil Weaver on vocals and guitar and Fred Williams on bass.
Interesting & Helpful Tidbits and News
- Sports and Race Book: This week you can bet Major League Baseball, US Open Golf Futures, Horseracing, the NBA Conference Championships, the NHL Playoffs and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Saturday at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Game Friday, Prime Rib Saturday, King Crab Sunday in CV Steak: Our Friday special in CV Steak is Beer Braised Wild Boar Shanks with tomato, mustard and fresh herbs for $27. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. These specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!