|Eli Young Band Coming at You this Sunday in TJ's CorralRick Diamond, Getty Images|
Mike Eli, James Young, Jon Jones and Chris Thompson formed the Eli Young Band with the goal of playing in bars in exchange for free beer and the chance to talk to a few girls after their shows. Now, five studio albums, two EPs and some “Crazy Girls” hits later the group is preparing another album and getting ready to lay it all out in TJ’s Corral this Sunday evening, August 14! Learn more about the Eli Young Band in this article from The Boot published last week by Gayle Thompson. Our friends at Tahoe OnStage also did another fine “concert advance article” earlier this week. Anyway, be sure to catch the Eli Young Band Concert this Sunday in TJ’s Corral . . . Tickets start at $49 and they are available on our website, at the hotel desk, or by calling 775-783-6606.
Haven't Been to a Concert in TJ's Corral? Then check out the above Carson Valley Report which ran on Mountain Resort Television in Tahoe a few weeks ago. You'll find out some facts, catch scenes from past concerts and learn how TJ's Corral got its name. Following this Sunday's Eli Young Band Concert there are only two remaining events in TJ's Corral this summer so be sure you have them on your calendar. The Davison Brothers Band will be performing as part of our 32nd Birthday Celebrationnd Randy Houser
|Our Peaks and Valleys - Can You Name Them?|
|S'mores Ready for the Campfire!|
Blues Monsters and John Dawson Band this Weekend in Cabaret Lounge:
George Pickard is on stage tonight, The Blues Monsters entertain Thursday, The John Dawson Band takes over Friday and Saturday nights and Bill Wharton plays Sunday through Wednesday. The Blues Monsters performs a powerfully unique combination of R&B, funk, jazz, and Chicago-style blues. Whether paying respects to the masters of traditional blues, or rockin' out other tunes, The Blues Monsters get the whole house up and dancing! The John Dawson Band is a Reno based group of five fun-lovin' guys who just like to play music and entertain with a variety of modern country and classic rock. The quintet includes Mitch (Lead Guitar), Brian (keys), J.B. (Bass), Jhan (drums) and John Dawson (vocals and guitar). Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
This Week at the CVI
- In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo every hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Friday Drawings: Catch our drawings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. for a guaranteed giveaway of fifteen thousand dollars every Friday in August between the CVI and Bodines. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 4X Points Saturday: This Saturday INN Club members earn 4X Points all day – that’s quadruple the benefit buildup! What’s that really mean? Catch our blog next week!
- Bingo Monday: Come in and play Bingo every hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Click here f
- Let's Get Ready to Fumble (Michael Buffer)!! This week you can bet Major League Baseball, Horseracing, WNBA, and Pre-Season NFL Football. NASCAR is off this week. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the World Series, 2016 Season NCAA Football Championship and the February, 2017 Super Bowl.
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Night in Katie’s – three specials – just $6.99 each!
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Elk Medallions with a Brandy Cherry Demi for $30. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!