Free CVI Birthday Concert this Saturday: A free TJ’s Corral concert by the Davisson Brothers Band highlights our 32nd Birthday Celebrationthis Saturday from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. and the whole community is invited! We’ll be serving free popcorn and free ice cream from 6 to 7:30 and quenching your thirst with $2 water and sodas and $5 draft beer. Meanwhile in the casino, free cake and champagne will be served from 2 to 3 p.m., free birthday t-shirts will be distributed randomly during the day (while supplies last), INN Club members will earn 4X points all day and we’ll have drawings for up to $5,000 at 2, 4, 6 and 8 p.m. Continuing the flashback we started last week regarding 1984, the year the CVI opened: The NCAA announced the expansion of their basketball tournament to 64 teams setting the stage for March Madness to grow to a legitimate three-week sports holiday. The LA Raiders (remember those days!) beat up on the Washington Redskins 38-9 in Super Bowl XVIII and Apple Computer unveiled its revolutionary Macintosh personal computer (remember those TV commercials). Among the “celebrities” born in 1984: Katy Perry, LeBron James, Khloe Kardasian, Scarlett Johansson and Prince Harry! Ronald Reagan was president and he carried 49 of the 50 states to get re-elected! The Supreme Court ruled that taping television shows at home on a VCR (In your 20s? Google it) did not violate copyright law. Grammys for 1984 included "Beat It" by Michael Jackson for Record of the Year, “Thriller” by Michael Jackson for Album of the Year and Sting’s "Every Breath You Take" for Song of the Year.
|Minden Park Free Concerts are a Fun Time|
Randy Houser Wraps the 2016 TJ’s Concert Season Sept. 8:
Randy Houser Concert in ickets start at $59 and are available on our website, at the hotel desk, or by calling 775-783-6606. Want to chat with Randy up close at a private Meet & Greet before the concert on September 8? Be sure to follow our Facebook page for a special contest this week! Fired Up
|We Need a Few More Golfers|
|Flying Far For Football Frolic in Sydney|
|Blood Drive at CVI Labor Day Friday|
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: John Palmore is on stage tonight, Just Us entertains Thursday thru Saturday, Justin Lee lands for one night on Sunday and Jonathon “JB” Barton plays Monday through Wednesday. Just Us blends together the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA to develop "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" sounds - music from the 60’s to the present. Aladdin handles lead vocal and percussions. He is joined by Les Carter on vocals and drums, Phil Weaver on vocals and guitar and Fred Williams on bass. Justin Lee captivated the large crowd Cabaret lounge after the Eli Young band concert last Sunday with his country music covers and originals. Click here for the recently updated lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
This Week at the CVI
- In the Casino
- Free Bingo a free to the first 150 ladies to sign up tonight. Our and
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo every hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Friday Drawings: Catch our drawings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. for a guaranteed giveaway of fifteen thousand dollars every Friday in August between the CVI and Bodines. Use your INN Club card while you play!
- 32nd Birthday Extras Saturday: there’s quite a bit more to this Saturday . . . be sure to check out the article at the top this week’s blog.
- Bingo Monday: Come in and play Bingo every hour from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Click here f
- In Our Restaurants
- Wednesday is Italian Night in Katie’s: three specials just $6.99 each!
- The 18-Piece Sushi Platter Special is served in CV Steak on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Roasted Stuffed Quail for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Thursday is Kiss and Make Up Day. If you fall into the need to "celebrate" such a "Day," we suggest you follow (or prelude) the kiss with dinner in CV Steak . . . with the Dessert Sampler as the finale!
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservations Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!