Christmas Week at the CVI
- Christmas Dinners to Go - Turkey (serves 8 – 10 people) or Roast Prime Rib of Beef (serves 8 – 10 people) Dinners – can be ordered today and tomorrow (until sold out) for pickup on Christmas Day.
- Christmas Day Specials will be served Sunday in CV Steak and Katie's – along with their regular menus of course (sorry, CV Steak is full for Christmas Day Dinner . . . thanks for your overwhelming support)!
- Christmas Decorations adorn the CVI inside and out – lots of photo ops with the kids and the family.
- Candy Cane Lane – our drive-by Christmas display – is lit up nightly and it's a great Christmas Eve treat. Pull in at the entrance between our big sign and the Carson Valley Market. Tune your radio to 89.9 and listen to music while you watch the elves and other characters!
- CVI Gift Cards can be purchased at the Hotel Front Desk at the Carson Valley Inn or at the Guest Services counters at Bodines Casino and Sharkey's Casino. To order by phone, call the Hotel Front Desk, 775-783-6670.
Lots of Cash & Freeplay this Week!
- Let’s start with this Friday when the Grand Prize Drawings at 6 and 8 PM wrap up our $70,000 Holiday Giveaways Promotion. A total of $10,000 in cash and free play will be distributed between the Carson Valley Inn and Bodines just this Friday night.
- Then join us this Saturday through next Thursday, December 29 for nightly chances to win up to twenty-five hundred dollars in drawings at 5, 7 and 8 PM. You're earning entries while you play slots and table games using your INN Club card – and you can also enter by swiping your card at the casino kiosk once each day.
|Over 100 Tons of Food in 12 Hours!|
What Happens to over 100 Tons of Food Collected in 12 Hours? Unless you’ve been living under a rock (no offense to those who do so) you’ve no doubt heard the Community Food Drive at the Carson Valley location on Friday, December 9 raised over $66,000 in cash and over 222,000 pounds of food for the Carson Valley Community Food Closet. So how exactly does the food closet handle such a large influx of food donations in one 12 hour period? Our friends at CarsonValleyTimes.com went behind the scenes, saw how it works, and posted this article which tells the story!
New Year’s Eve Dining at the Inn: CV Steak and Katie’s are serving their regular menu items and Specials on Saturday, December 31.
- The New Year's Eve specials in CV Steak are a Duo of Tournedos with Seared Scallops (a blackened Filet Mignon with southwest au jus, a blue cheese crusted Filet Mignon and Seared Scallops) for $36 and King Crab Legs (One pound of Alaskan King Crab Legs served with drawn butter) for $35. CV Steak New Year's Eve reservations are a must – call 775-783-6650.
- Katie's is offering an Apple Stuffed Roast Pork Loin with a glaze of spiced cranberries and orange zest, mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables, choice of soup or fresh garden green salad, fresh bread and creamery butter for $13.99. Also available is the usual Saturday night special, Roasted Prime Rib & Fried Shrimp Dinner served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99. Both of these specials are served from 11 a.m.
Sports and Race Book:
- On the Board: This week you can bet NFL Football, the remaining NCAA Bowl Games, NBA and College Basketball and NHL Hockey. Also on the board: futures bets on who will win the NCAA Football Championship, Super Bowl (only X teams left), NBA Championship and NHL Stanley Cup.
- The PRO PK’EM Parlay Progressive is now at $4,304 – pick all 15 NFL props straight up on the $5 card and it’s yours!
- Around the Sportsbook with Mike, Alan and Greg:
- Last Week, 2-4 Alan picked the Cardinals at -2 ½ over the Saints (sorry, Saints won) and the Patriots at -3 over the Broncos (got that one). Mike tabbed Texas San Antonio (+7) over New Mexico (hit this one, NM didn’t cover) and the 49ers (+13 ½) over Atlanta (soooo wrong). Greg picked the Chiefs at -6 versus the Titans (ouch to Greg, Chiefs lost) and the Texans at -6 versus the Jaguars (tanked this one also).
- This Week: Mike took Maryland at -1½ over Boston College in the Quick Lane Bowl and the Rams at -4 over the 49ers. Alan likes the Ravens at +5 over the Steelers and Raiders -4 over the Colts. Feeling dejected after going 0-2 last week, Greg went with the “two worst teams in football” and picked the Jets +16 ½ over the Patriots and the Niners at +4 over the Rams (“the Niners will lose by a field goal!) Trivia Quiz: The Quick Lane Bowl is backed by what company? It replaced what previous Bowl game?
Relatively Unimportant but Fun:
- Today is Phileas Fogg Win A Wager Day. We’re in the casino business, so we feel it’s important to recognize any “Day” with the word “wager” in the title . . . especially a wager of over a million dollars regarding whether or not a feat can be accomplished in 80 days!
- Friday is Festivus Day – we mention this in honor of the millions of Seinfeld fans and those who aren’t in the “It’s OK to Say Merry Christmas” club.
- Saturday is Eggnog Day so we asked our Food and Beverage gurus how they roll on this subject and they said, hands down, the best is Francovich Eggnog made and bottled in Reno! Check this feature KTVN did on the subject two years ago and if you want to whip up a couple of gallons at home, here’s the recipe courtesy of Edible Reno-Tahoe.
- Monday is National Whiners Day. Sorry, we don’t recognize whining . . . with the possible exception of Forty Niner fans, most of whom passed the whining stage and completed the five stages of grief by week seven!
Free Entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge: Jamie Rollins performs tonight, Just Us entertains Thursday through Saturday, there’s NFL Football on the Big Screen in the Cabaret on Sunday and Monday nights and Tyler Stafford appears next Tuesday and Wednesday. Just Us blends together the sounds of the Motor City and Oakland, CA to develop "Sweet, Grown & Sexy" sounds - music from the 60’s to the present. Aladdin handles lead vocal and percussions. He is joined by Les Carter on vocals and drums, Phil Weaver on vocals and guitar and Fred Williams on bass. Click here for the upcoming lineup of free entertainment in the Cabaret Lounge.
In the Casino
- Bingo Thursday: Come in and play Bingo on the even hour 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and win $50 - $100 instantly! Simply be in the casino playing slots or table games using your INN Club card and watch for our staff bringing around Free Bingo Cards.
- Holiday Giveaway Drawings Finale Friday: A total of $10,000 in cash and prizes guaranteed between CVI and Bodines Casino in our $70,000 Holiday Giveaways final drawings at 6 & 8 p.m.
- 5X Points Saturday: 5X Points means five times the benefits!
- Penny Progressive Over $44,700 . . . someone will win this jackpot on one of the Triple Red Hot 7's slots at the CVI, Sharkey’s or Bodines.
- Here’s a Handy Page with all our Current Casino Promotions!
In Our Restaurants
- Today is National French Fried Shrimp Day. Since we serve Fried Shrimp in both Katie’s at the CVI and Bodines Restaurant, we asked our Purchasing Manager and Menu Engineer whether ours was Fried Shrimp or French Fried Shrimp – last time we bother them with a question like that during the busy holiday season!! So, wherever the fine line is drawn, enjoy what we offer . . . and on Fridays and Saturdays in Katie’s, don’t miss the Roasted Prime Rib and Fried Shrimp Dinner special served with baked potato, vegetable and soup or salad for $14.99.
- Wednesday is Italian Day/Night in Katie’s – three specials for $6.99 each! Check all the Katie’s Daily Specials at this link.
- Our Friday special in CV Steak is Grilled Duck Breast for $28. Saturday night’s special is Garlic Studded Prime Rib for $26 and Sunday's special is one pound of King Crab Legs for $32. All three specials are served with fresh vegetable, choice of rice or potato (au gratin, baked, or a one-pound, twice-baked), tableside tossed salad and warm demi-loaf of bread.
- Click the restaurant name for more info, specials and links to menus for Katie’s, CV Steak and Jobs Perk at the CVI . . . or our nearby sister property restaurants, the Jackpot Café at Sharkey's Casino and the Bodines Restaurant at Bodines Casino.
Planning a Stay at the CVI? You will always get the best rate by booking directly with the Carson Valley Inn either online or by calling our Reservation Department directly at 775-783-6629 or 800-321-6983.
Comments? Have questions or comments about the CVI? Use the comments section below, shoot us an email or pick up the phone and call us @ 775-782-9711. Hit “0” when the automated voice comes on and you'll go right to the hotel operator who can get you to the correct person or department. We have a lot more coming up at the Carson Valley Inn so check our Blog posting every Wednesday morning!